Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Lost cat - large orange male tabby (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/lost-cat-large-orange-male-tabby-36300/)

mjb902 02-21-2011 02:20 PM

Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Hello,

My cat, Oliver, escaped accidentally from his house on Whiting Way Thursday Feb. 17, 2011. Whiting Way is off Worth Circle and off Talley Ridge.

Oliver has last seen last night, Sunday, Feb. 20 on Addison in Glenbrook at about 6:45 pm.

Oliver is a large, about 16 pounds, adult male with an orange coat and tabby markings. He did have a collar on, with a tag to my cell phone, 703-217-3785, or to his local number of 352-205-7690.

Oliver is friendly, but a bit shy. I also imagine he is quite hungary and thirsty at this point. Please, try to get him into a container (box/bag/whatever) and call us. One of us will come over and pick him up.

As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures on this, I have recent photos. Right now, he looks like every other large orange tabby you may have seen.

Thanks ever so much,

His heartbroken human mama

joannej 02-22-2011 06:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your orange tabby got out of your house and is now on the "lan". Someone suggested leaving your garage door open enough for him to return to. Another suggestion was to leave food outside for him too. There is a website that you can post his picture too (I don't remember what it is called, but perhaps someone else does!) Also the local Villages radio station will make an announcement for you about your missing pet. I have an orange tabby cat too, and I would be heartbroken if my cat got out too. I feel for you.

redwitch 02-22-2011 07:51 PM

I hope he comes home soon. The last missing kitty was hiding out in a neighbor's garage. Here's hoping your guy is doing the same. Of course, with this lovely weather he may just be catting around.

If you haven't done so, do put up some flyers, especially at the mailboxes. Since he is a friendly guy, someone who sees him might be able to coax him to them with some food.

As painful as it is, give him up to two weeks to come home before you start thinking the worst. In nice weather like this, it isn't uncommon for a kitty to stay out quite awhile -- there's enough critters to catch for food, water from sprinklers (yuck here!), dew, etc.

In the meantime, many hugs! I know how it hurts to have a beloved cat on the prowl.

BowleesCreekYachtClub 02-22-2011 07:59 PM

Just been through this with our cat. Call the neighborhood watch. Call WVLG -they are very good. Get an 8x10 picture of him printed at Walgreens ($3) and put a lost notice up at the local mail box with your name and phone number. Walk around in the morning and meet all the dog walkers - word will get around and they will all watch out for Oliver. If he is timid he may find a dark spot in the daytime and not come out - best time to find him is in the early morning or later in the afternoon. If no one chased him away from home there is a good chance he will keep the scent and find his way back. You can try leaving the garage door open about 10 inches and leave a can of cat food and treats just inside. I hope I'm not stating the obvious. You do get attached to them - don't you? Good luck. Allan.

Tom Hannon 02-22-2011 08:00 PM

-

graciegirl 02-22-2011 08:19 PM

I feel so bad for you. I have a can of cat food at the ready and would be glad to help you look.

Please leave your garage door up a little and put the tuna out. They are clever creatures and will find some food and water. We have a shy one too and I betcha your kittie is hiding out.

We had a fella who knocked over an open suitcase on him in our box room and remained missing for a week with no food or water.

He survived and lived for many years after.

Please tell us if we can help and keep bumping this thread.

jblum8156 02-23-2011 12:31 AM

Bump

HawkeyeBarb 02-23-2011 06:28 AM

Good luck finding Oliver! Hopefully, he will be found as quickly as the last escape artist was that was listed as "The Villages Most Wanted...Feline!"
Muffin and I are wishing you the best. Keep us posted and we're hoping for good news!

duffysmom 02-26-2011 03:11 PM

bump

BowleesCreekYachtClub 02-26-2011 07:39 PM

Is there no news? No sightings? We'll come over and walk your area tomorrow. Allan & Jocelyne.

mjb902 02-28-2011 11:35 AM

Large Orange Male Tabby

Everyone,

Thank you for the kind words.

Oliver is still missing.

I have been running an ad in the Lost & Found section of the Sun and also alerted the radio, who has been excellent. I am trying to find my kitty and get him contained.

There was a sighting last week in the neighbhorhood, we chased him down but apparently he is a lot faster than we were and then he disappeared again. I rather think he is either hiding during the day in a storm drain or has found a really good hiding place. I have been putting food and water out of the little guy every night. Something has been eating the food and some of the water but so far, no Ollie.

This coming weekend I will be doing yard work so maybe he can pick up my scent and come to me versus the driving around that I did last time. There are many kind, conscientious people in the Villages and some of them have been leaving food out for my little buddy. If you live nearby and would like food, I can arrange for it. Please text me.

Thanks so much....and truly hoping I find Oliver soon.

raynan 03-01-2011 09:11 PM

bump

redwitch 03-01-2011 09:39 PM

Glad to hear that there's been a sighting. He will come home, honest he will! I have one adverturer. She once got out and didn't come home for two weeks. To put it mildly, I was worried sick, especially since there were a lot of coyotes where we lived. When it started raining on a daily basis, she apparently had enough, came in through the garage and was asleep on my bed when I got home from work.

Do be careful about too many people leaving food out for him -- it will give him less of a reason to come home. Just keep your garage door cracked enough for him to get in and leave food there for him. That's really your best bet.

K9-Lovers 03-01-2011 11:15 PM

Leave your garage door open just a crack, open a can of tuna IN OIL (not water) and he will find his way into your garage.

Yes, we love cats, too.

BowleesCreekYachtClub 03-02-2011 07:28 AM

Don't know what else to say - just hope he comes home. Good to hear he has been seen. Good luck, Allan.