Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Home's on the market (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/homes-market-36331/)

Minnesotalyn 02-22-2011 02:11 PM

Home's on the market

Well our home's offically on the market as of today. We're excited and a little scare at the same time. We've never moved cross country before. Any feed back will be appreciated. We've cleaned out the shed and garage, but there's still alot of stuff I'd like to sell. If the house takes a while to sell I'll be ok. But of coarse you want it to sell quickly. I can't have a garage sale with all this snow.:cold::thumbup:

billethkid 02-22-2011 02:52 PM

Get rid of more than you would have originally planned.

Many of us brought our treasured furniture with us only to find that with the new open, airy, light and bright tropical environment...much of the furniture just did not work. Hence we sold/donated most of it and went new. If we had to move over again we would sell most of the furniture and start over again with new furniture in the new house.

Of course there are things you won't part with....but there is much you will find....that you will....but after you move it here!!!

btk

oceangirl 02-22-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn (Post 332773)
Well our home's offically on the market as of today. We're excited and a little scare at the same time. We've never moved cross country before. Any feed back will be appreciated. We've cleaned out the shed and garage, but there's still alot of stuff I'd like to sell. If the house takes a while to sell I'll be ok. But of coarse you want it to sell quickly. I can't have a garage sale with all this snow.:cold::thumbup:

So happy your home is on the market. Our home just went on the market also. The realtor was here today to take photos for the front of the homes magazine.

I couldn't agree more of being scared. My stomach is in knots and thoughts are racing in my head.

Just keep purging and keeping your home clean.

Good luck selling your home and please keep us updated.

Everyone keeps saying the best is yet to come.

ceegeo 02-22-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn (Post 332773)

Good for you two. Congradulation! We also are selling out here, never lived anyplace else, like you scared and excited. But looking at this as a new adventure. Been coming to TV for 8 years and love the people..just everything about it is wonderful. Bought a lot in St James and can't wait to get the home started. Best of luck.

nkrifats 02-22-2011 06:28 PM

Hope your homes sell quickly. We have been on the market and got an offer real quick. Then the stress began. Waiting for the person to get a mortgage. Having to adjust closing dates and etc. It appears that we have a locked in buyer and will close in June. Will be one happy day when it closes and we only have one house and that is in the villages.

Gongy 02-22-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceegeo (Post 332802)
Good for you two. Congradulation! We also are selling out here, never lived anyplace else, like you scared and excited. But looking at this as a new adventure. Been coming to TV for 8 years and love the people..just everything about it is wonderful. Bought a lot in St James and can't wait to get the home started. Best of luck.

Hi All,
We came down in October and put money down on a lot in St. James also. This weekend we have a real estate agent coming to take pictures and put our home on the market. My stomach is in a knot and my emotions change daily! I love the idea of living in The Villages, but I hate putting this distance between us and our kids and our 2 Granddaughters. Life is short and we love The Villages lifestyle, so its our turn to do what we want. We are coming down the end of March to make our selections, we will be living on Yankee Clipper Run.
I wish us all luck with selling our homes and I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying our new adventure in life.
Linda and Sandy

skyc6 02-22-2011 08:24 PM

We, too, have styarted the selling process! At this point, we are only on the internet, by owner. Hoping for a sale soon, but things are slow! Looking forward to being in TV as soon as we can! Good luck to all of us! Fingers crossed!

ceegeo 02-22-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gongy (Post 332888)
Hi All,
We came down in October and put money down on a lot in St. James also. This weekend we have a real estate agent coming to take pictures and put our home on the market. My stomach is in a knot and my emotions change daily! I love the idea of living in The Villages, but I hate putting this distance between us and our kids and our 2 Granddaughters. Life is short and we love The Villages lifestyle, so its our turn to do what we want. We are coming down the end of March to make our selections, we will be living on Yankee Clipper Run.
I wish us all luck with selling our homes and I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying our new adventure in life.
Linda and Sandy

Linda and Sandy,

We bought a lot on Oakcrest Path which is across St Charles from you. We WILL get our homes sold and then the fun begins building a new home in a wonderful place. How good can life be. Looking forward to meeting you. Best of luck to all of us.
Butch & Cecelia

73Goat 02-22-2011 08:57 PM

Welp, we just signed a contract on a spec in Pennecamp and are putting our home in Virginia on the market this weekend, so we can feel some of your pain.

Very concerned at the moment. We qualify for both our Virginia and Villages House payment, but, there 's always the fear that something can go wrong.

We're not intending to bring a great deal with us when we come to the Villages if that's what you mean. We expect to buy most new, in fact, we're going to be 'snowbirds' for a year or so before we finally retire and move to Florida full time. We'll probably buy most of our stuff down there.

Pturner 02-22-2011 09:31 PM

I am so happy for each and every one of you. Moving can be stressful, but honestly, you are on your way to Lower Paradise. Keep your eyes on the prize!

:wine:

p.s., Please keep us posted on your progress. I wish you all a speedy sale.

Gongy 02-22-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Goat (Post 332910)
Welp, we just signed a contract on a spec in Pennecamp and are putting our home in Virginia on the market this weekend, so we can feel some of your pain.

Very concerned at the moment. We qualify for both our Virginia and Villages House payment, but, there 's always the fear that something can go wrong.

We're not intending to bring a great deal with us when we come to the Villages if that's what you mean. We expect to buy most new, in fact, we're going to be 'snowbirds' for a year or so before we finally retire and move to Florida full time. We'll probably buy most of our stuff down there.

Sounds like many houses are going on the market this weeekend! We live near Richmond VA.
Pennecamp is beautiful, we have friends that moved there about 9 months ago and they are so happy with their choice.

Also, Pturner thank you for your kind words.
Linda

Minnesotalyn 02-23-2011 03:53 PM

Good luck to all you guys too. We're having our first showing this afternoon, we're ready. Can't wait to get down there and meet all you guys too. Linda & Mike:wave:

Iowa Hawkeye 02-23-2011 06:03 PM

We also listed our home yesterday. Can't wait to get there. We are going the conservative way, selling first, then pick either new or existing. If we have to rent for a while, so what! :a040:

oceangirl 02-23-2011 07:07 PM

I am so happy for each of you, 73 goat, nkrifat, ceege 6, Iowa Hawkeye,
Linda & Mike and gongy.

How nice to was to hear the excitiment in your posts. I am sure glad we are not the only one feeling the jetters. I wasn't this nervous when we got married. Of course that was many years ago. I feel like a kid again.

Linda and Mike hope your first showing is positive. Our realtor told us yesterday it would take some activity to see what buyers think.

We decided to price our home to sell. Not what we think it is worth. Of course yesterday when it snowed I told my other half put away your snow blower we are done. Of course easy for me I was off school.

We will be on Bachman Path in Buttonwood. Would love to meet everyone.:beer3:

whartonjelly 02-23-2011 07:22 PM

We just carpetted 2 rooms, bought a new stove and vent which matched the new fridge in stainless steel.Touching up all the painting that was done. Got rid of heavy sleeper sofa. getting rid of bedroom furniture to daughter. Moved hospital bed to basement until people can pick it up. Packing more boxes. Most of the rooms are thinned out ready to be staged. In March the relocation service will contact us. We already priced obtaining pods, storage costs and moving them to TV. I sent out for my Rn endorsement and am waiting to see what the RR Retirement board is doing in March. Each day is an accomplishment.

I also want to get new or differrent furniture once we make it down!!!:gc: