Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   What's your talent? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/whats-your-talent-36345/)

tony 02-22-2011 08:59 PM

What's your talent?

Hey, folks, I'm curious.

What kind of talented do we have among our members?

What do you play? A HAPI Drum? Boobam drums? Serpentine bassoon? Maybe a theremin? Basso profundo? Coloratura soprano?

What ever your talent, tell us about it. Post a recording of yourself.

What other talents are here? Painters? Watercolor artists? Photographers? Woodworkers? Carvers? Post a picture to show us.

Also, what have you always wanted to learn?

memason 02-23-2011 12:23 AM

Hmmm..... I've always wanted to learn to be a forum administrator .. :shocked:

SALYBOW 02-23-2011 01:03 AM

My Talents

I am a talented seamstress, A very patient golfer, :gc:a and great mother and grandmother, but the thing at which I am most talented is ministering to people in crisis as a hospital chaplain. Well actually, God works through me. To hime goes the glory!:pepper2:

tony 02-23-2011 06:33 AM

memason,

I don't know of anybody who knows how to do that.
:wine:

Tom Hannon 02-23-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 332967)
memason,

I don't know of anybody who knows how to do that.
:wine:

First requirement is you have to be an English major.

tony 02-23-2011 06:43 AM

Wait! I think I know one of those, but I don't think she has the time.

Tom Hannon 02-23-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony (Post 332969)
Wait! I think I know one of those, but I don't think she has the time.

If Gracie has the time to write 6000 posts, she has the time to be administrator. And the $300,000 salary the current chief makes would help her pay most of her bills.

graciegirl 02-23-2011 07:20 AM

I can't sing, dance, or toot....(you know what I mean)

Tom...me and the girls are coming over to visit you. Put the coffee on.

My talent is raising children and teaching four year olds. I was the HAPPIEST teacher in the universe when I taught preschoolers for ...well, decades. I had the smartest, cutest, funniest, orneriest, most precious,dearest four year olds in my morning and afternoon classes that were ever born.

They have turned out to be the most wonderful adults...did I mention their terrific parents?

Tom Hannon 02-23-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 332984)
Tom...me are the girls are coming over to visit you. Put the coffee on.

You have a long drive. I am still in NY. Why not wait until I get to TV. Hopefully, by the end of March.

Talk Host 02-23-2011 07:26 AM

This is right on track.

tony 02-23-2011 07:30 AM

Ahem. Now, getting back to talents. I really would like to see some here.

graciegirl 02-23-2011 07:41 AM

Alright..back to musical talents.

I play a kazoo.

Poorly.

mak44070 02-23-2011 08:28 AM

I can play the radio really well!

Ohiogirl 02-23-2011 09:12 AM

let's see

Is typing fast a talent? No - maybe a skill (I think that's why I post so much) - I type fast - also send really, really long emails to my sisters and kids. I don't think my kids read them all, but my sisters also type fast, so - good way to keep in touch. In detail.

Otherwise, I'm just a dabbler, like racket sports, golf, thrift-shopping (I'm really good at that), knitting, sewing, quilting - but I'm not great at any of them (except the thrift shopping :).

I think I was a good Mom - at least I think I have great kids, but sometimes that's just dumb luck. Fun to see your children raise their children, though, especially when you see yourself in your daughter. Never used to think we were that much alike!

Ohioboy, however, is a very fine cornet/trumpet player. Just an avocation, was never a profession, although he started out as a music major in college. He never quit playing. I'm a little jealous sometimes; think it would be great to have a real passion for something, especially in retirement.

jblum8156 02-23-2011 09:20 AM

:wave:I sew, I draw and paint and make pottery, I am an excellent cook, I used to play the piano and still would if I had a piano, I volunteer at a shelter for homeless animals, I don't play golf or tennis or pickleball because I am no good at hitting balls with things even if the balls are sitting still, and yes,
I am an English major. Also a Democrat.