Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Rolling Acre's Drive (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rolling-acres-drive-36437/)

GeorgeT 02-26-2011 09:32 AM

Rolling Acre's Drive

Is there any way to cross Rolling Acres Drive in a golf cart?

skip0358 02-26-2011 09:34 AM

Crossing

None legally that I know of.

Russ_Boston 02-26-2011 11:42 AM

I would think a street legal could cross since they can cross roads up to 45mph and travel on 35mph roads.

But not a 'regular' golf cart.

I do see people who leave their carts in Target and walk over to the other shopping center.

GeorgeT 02-26-2011 11:56 AM

Thank you!

paulandjean 02-26-2011 12:50 PM

carts

I say "go for it" You only live once. Whats the worse that can happen.

EdV 02-26-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 333948)
I would think a street legal could cross since they can cross roads up to 45mph....

Actually street legal carts can cross any road that entersects a road that is 35mph or less.

redwitch 02-26-2011 02:15 PM

Actually, unless the municipality (in this case, Lady Lake) permits driving or crossing their streets, it is not legal regardless of the street legal. Lady Lake allows LSVs in The Villages, but not elsewhere, including Rolling Acres or Griffins (sp) in an LSV. (Have no idea why, but LSVs are allowed to cross 441in certain locations.) Doesn't mean people don't do it, just means they can (and do) get ticketed for doing so. So, you really need to check the local rules (county/town) to see if you can legally drive your cart on certain streets.

mrdills 02-26-2011 02:30 PM

Redwich you are wrong, a LSV can cross on Rolling Acres road and they can drive on Rolling Acres road if they wish because its 35 MPH. They can also cross 441 between Home Depot and Best Buy is they wish, this is sated by the Lady Lake Police Department. :police:

redwitch 02-26-2011 02:55 PM

According to Florida Statute 316.2122(5) and (6), a municipality is allowed to prohibit LSVs from using public roads and streets. I have asked a few Lake County deputy sheriff's and Lady Lake police officers what the policy is re LSVs outside of TV. It has been unanimous that LSVs cannot drive nor cross Rolling Acres Road at this time. One officer did say that it was okay to cross north of 441 to get to the main post office. Every other officer I asked totally disagreed (and I even stopped at the sub-station by the TV post office to ask).

So, be my guest and drive your LSV on Rolling Acre. Just don't be surpirsed if you get pulled over and get a ticket. As I said, it is worth checking with the proper police authority if you want to drive your cart on a non-TV road. Certainly beats the ticket and points on your license.

mrdills 02-26-2011 03:19 PM

As I stated, I was told by the LLPD that LSV's could drive across Rolling Acres drive. They also told me I could drive on Rolling Acres road because its 35 MPH, that is the regulations for LSV golf carts. :police:

Redtail 02-26-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdills (Post 334009)
As I stated, I was told by the LLPD that LSV's could drive across Rolling Acres drive. They also told me I could drive on Rolling Acres road because its 35 MPH, that is the regulations for LSV golf carts. :police:

i drove my lsv to home depot today and when i arrived there was a lady lake cop getting a hot dog and he was admiring my bright yellow tomberlin. we were laughing about the way things get out of whack on this forum. he also confirmed what mr dills said!

Bill-n-Brillo 02-26-2011 09:42 PM

Here's a solution: Buy a Smart Car http://www.smartusa.com/ We saw more of these while in and around TV for the past two weeks than we've seen since they first started selling them in the U.S. Park them on the squares like a golf cart, cross/drive on any street you'd like, drive them on the freeway....just don't use the cart or multi-modal paths!!! :pepper2:

I think they're pretty cool. Not much room inside for shopping trips anywhere of consequence, though.........and have fun if you're on the short end (pun intended) of a traffic accident! Though they are highly rated for safety "in their class", I'd contend that hooking up with, oh say.....a Chevy Suburban in a highway confrontation would have the Smart Car coming out the loser. But it would definitely solve the "Where am I allowed to be?" dilemma.

Bill

Russ_Boston 02-26-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 334079)
....just don't use the cart or multi-modal paths!!!

Bill

Or the golf course. In the end it's just a car. A street legal can basically go anywhere in TV including the course.

EdV 02-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 334086)
.... A street legal can basically go anywhere in TV including the course.

True, as long as their tires are on the approved tire list that is in the Golf The Villages web site.

memason 02-27-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 334079)
Here's a solution: Buy a Smart Car http://www.smartusa.com/ We saw more of these while in and around TV for the past two weeks than we've seen since they first started selling them in the U.S. Park them on the squares like a golf cart, cross/drive on any street you'd like, drive them on the freeway....just don't use the cart or multi-modal paths!!! :pepper2:

I think they're pretty cool. Not much room inside for shopping trips anywhere of consequence, though.........and have fun if you're on the short end (pun intended) of a traffic accident! Though they are highly rated for safety "in their class", I'd contend that hooking up with, oh say.....a Chevy Suburban in a highway confrontation would have the Smart Car coming out the loser. But it would definitely solve the "Where am I allowed to be?" dilemma.

Bill

Great little car.... Had one in Kiel, Germany. Cabrio, 600cc 3 cylinder Diesel ....~ 50mpg! Lots of fun to drive and perfect for big city parking. Was my work car, but we drove it everywhere that didn't require an autobahn appearance...