Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Big DVD sale-- Blockbuster's in the Spanish Plaines Shopping Center. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/big-dvd-sale-blockbusters-spanish-plaines-shopping-center-36439/)

Taltarzac 02-26-2011 09:53 AM

Big DVD sale-- Blockbuster's in the Spanish Plaines Shopping Center.

They have reduced many DVDs by about 30% at the now closing Blockbuster Store in the Spanish Plaines Shopping Center.

One thing going for the sale is that their selection is extremely broad right now. The sale started on 2-25-11 and hear that is lasts until the store closes in April.

Going to miss them. Really friendly people at the Blockbuster in Lady Lake.

They are no longer renting any movies.

Puts us with Blockbuster Online in a bit of a pickle as there is no where close to exchange envelopes for rental DVDs.

Netflix is looking more attractive.

K9-Lovers 02-26-2011 11:34 AM

We do the same thing, Tal. We exchange our in-mail dvds at the store for freebies. What about those Red Box videos for $1 a night. Have you looked at those yet? Tell us what you decide to do. We don't know much about netflix yet.

zcaveman 02-26-2011 12:17 PM

I have not done any exchanges for quite a while but I always liked the option. I will have to make a run down there to see if I can get any good DVDs cheap. I wonder if they are open on Sunday since they are not renting anymore. Anyone know?

I tried NetFlix last year to see if I wanted to switch. They did not get the new DVDS as soon as BB but I liked their queue management better.

I guess it might be time to think about switching. I have no allegiance to BB.

Z

Taltarzac 02-26-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 333946)
We do the same thing, Tal. We exchange our in-mail dvds at the store for freebies. What about those Red Box videos for $1 a night. Have you looked at those yet? Tell us what you decide to do. We don't know much about netflix yet.

I have used Blockbuster Express. Believe there are one of these kiosk in every Publix in the Villages' area. If you get a DVD from the Publix in Southern Trace you can return it at any other Blockbuster Express kiosk.

Never used the Red Box though.

Taltarzac 02-26-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 333958)
I have not done any exchanges for quite a while but I always liked the option. I will have to make a run down there to see if I can get any good DVDs cheap. I wonder if they are open on Sunday since they are not renting anymore. Anyone know?

I tried NetFlix last year to see if I wanted to switch. They did not get the new DVDS as soon as BB but I liked their queue management better.

I guess it might be time to think about switching. I have no allegiance to BB.

Z

I believe their hours include Sundays. You might want to call before making the trip though. (352) 753-2752.

I too like the queue management better for Netflix. I have both at the moment but should probably dump one of them.

mrdills 02-26-2011 02:40 PM

I love Nexflix, the have a 30 day free trial, you can't go wrong with that. They have the DVD's plus streaming movies and its all part of the program.

zcaveman 03-03-2011 12:29 PM

I went to the BB in Spanish Plaines this past Tuesday. They definitely are not trying to get rid of the DVDs. Even with the discounts they are not cheap!!

There are much better deals at Markets of Marion.