Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Chinese buffet recommendation wanted (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/chinese-buffet-recommendation-wanted-36452/)

rubicon 02-26-2011 05:22 PM

Chinese buffet recommendation wanted

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good chinese buffet???

Freeda 02-26-2011 08:38 PM

Our favorite is Beijing Garden on Highway 441 near Publix and Belks. Unless we've overlooked it somehow, the Chinese buffets in the local area are not the large, grand buffets like are seen in the bigger metro areas; but Beijing Garden, of the ones we have tried locally, has consistently good food and good service, and after 4 PM has added dinner entrees, which include snow crab legs (at least on weekends - used to be every day, but we have noticed a few times in the past few months that on weekdays the crab legs were not being served; so maybe call ahead and ask).

A plus is that it has an ice cream case with multiple flavors for scooping (ie, tubs, like in an ice cream store) unlike many buffets where only soft-serve vanilla/chocolate is offered.

njbchbum 02-26-2011 09:20 PM

we enjoy the chinese buffet in southern trace [sorry to have forgotten the name] - food is consistently good/tasty - snow crab on dinner buffet daily - nice salad bar - hard pack ice cream - and coupons in the daily sun...downside - baked good desserts!

when out and about in the car we like the 'grand buffet' style hibachi bufffet - it offers a 'grand' variety of dishes above and beyond the buffets of the villages. in addition to the buffet it has a good variety of foods that the cook will saute for you in a jiffy. this restaurant is located in the shoppong center just south of the leesburg wal-mart on 441/27 south.

SABRMnLgs 02-26-2011 10:55 PM

closed

My wife and I used to go the the "International" Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart also and then about a year ago they went out of business. Went back a few times while driving through Leesburg and they were still out of business. Have they opened up again or is it a new place?

Jerry Jackson

rubicon 02-27-2011 03:31 PM

Chinese

Thanks folks for the recommendations

njbchbum 02-27-2011 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=SABRMnLgs;334089]My wife and I used to go the the "International" Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart also and then about a year ago they went out of business. Went back a few times while driving through Leesburg and they were still out of business. Have they opened up again or is it a new place?

i can't tell you if it is old or new owners - just that the restaurant is open again and the name is hibachi buffet and in the same place as the international buffet - snow crab on weekends only! enjoy!

inda50 03-05-2011 07:49 PM

International Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart is by far the best. all the others, not so good. Just my opinion.

bluedog103 03-05-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inda50 (Post 335810)
International Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart is by far the best. all the others, not so good. Just my opinion.

:agree: