Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   More Charlie Sheen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/more-charlie-sheen-36489/)

jebartle 02-28-2011 09:08 AM

More Charlie Sheen

Doesn't the media have some responsibility with interviews that MUST influence anyone that looks at Charlie and says, "You can do drugs and survive"......Ugh!.....Really sad to watch!

kb8tpw 02-28-2011 10:11 AM

The subject of Charlie Sheen hardly deserves any space in this otherwise family oriented forum. A tee-total waste !

billethkid 02-28-2011 10:16 AM

Sheen, Lohan garbage feeing the dupes who find ANY interest

Just highlights the low threshold of credibility and morals of the media.

btk

redwitch 02-28-2011 10:24 AM

What scared me was watching him this morning on GMA and hearing that his urine tests were clean. Besides being egomaniacal, he is just plain, flat out nuts! I really hopes he gets help soon and I mean true help, not the court-ordered garbage that claims to be rehab. His family must be bleeding gallons of blood while watching him self-destruct.

KathieI 02-28-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 334372)
What scared me was watching him this morning on GMA and hearing that his urine tests were clean. Besides being egomaniacal, he is just plain, flat out nuts! I really hopes he gets help soon and I mean true help, not the court-ordered garbage that claims to be rehab. His family must be bleeding gallons of blood while watching him self-destruct.

Oh Boy.... I do agree, :agree: he was scary... heading for self-destruction.....

Bill-n-Brillo 02-28-2011 10:34 AM

And to top it off, he says he wants a pay raise (from $1.8m to $3.0m per episode) to go back to work on Two and a Half Men! I feel sorry for everyone else involved in that show who are effectively out of work due to him.

Bill

DaleMN 02-28-2011 11:02 AM

There are far more important things in this world that the media should concern themselves with than an over-paid, egomanical, probably mentally ill Charlie Sheen.

Taj44 02-28-2011 11:33 AM

As much as his behavior turns me off, I feel sorry for him and his family. Substance abuse and mental illness are health issues that are very difficult for all involved to deal with. I hope he can get some help.

scroll 02-28-2011 11:39 AM

Right on Taj44. Just because people are famous does not mean they have perfect health. Some diseases are difficult to overcome.

Barefoot 02-28-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scroll (Post 334406)
Right on Taj44. Just because people are famous does not mean they have perfect health. Some diseases are difficult to overcome.

It's sad watching a talented actor self destruct. I really hope he starts to recognize his demons and get the help he needs.

jchase 02-28-2011 01:04 PM

It's funny we love him on two and half men as he acts like a drunken fool. But when he acts like that in real life we all thinks he's a bad guy?

wine:

graciegirl 02-28-2011 01:51 PM

It is so awful to see someone make a fool out of himself when he himself really, really, really, thinks he is lucid.

Taj is right.

And Bill is right.

And Barefoot is right.

In fact...most of us feel the same way.

I hope someone can push him toward help.

nitakk 02-28-2011 02:51 PM

Between Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan, I don't think I can pick the one I am sickest of hearing about. These people have been given a wonderful life on a silver platter and have thrown it away to a life of drugs and booze. I can see the crack head with no hope, no money and no future - but these people had it all and trashed their own lives. I think it's better to be a nobody with just enough money. I wonder how dad, Martin, feels about his son - I've always admired his work and will miss The West Wing forever.

quidam65 02-28-2011 03:34 PM

Of the two Lindsay Lohan is the worst.

Charlie Sheen is what some refer to as a "functional" user. He'll blow $30K on a night of debauchery, but that's on his own time. You never hear any stories about him coming to work impaired. And his dad has shown a genuine concern for his behavior, recognizing the disease that Charlie has.

Lohan, meanwhile, has a history of coming to work in an impaired state. That's why she hasn't had a real gig in years. Now she's resorting to stealing to support her lifestyle, stuff that goes on everyday in the big city and would otherwise fall into the category of "dog bites man" save for her celebrity status. And her mom is the classic enabler. Lindsay's rehab stays aren't the result of parental intervention, they're court ordered because of her criminal actions.

batman911 03-01-2011 11:33 AM

I'm not convinced that Charlie is using drugs. He produced a clean drug test report that the news reporter inspected during one of his interviews. He is displaying the behavior of a person with bipolar disorder. People with bipolar do not believe there is anything wrong with them or their behavior. Unfortunately, if the person is an adult, family and friends can only watch them spiral down until they are arrested and hospitalized in an institution for mental illness. Bipolar and schizophrenia are common partners. He is saying that the network is out to get him and also made negative comments about AA. A lot of people with bipolar can function like normal people in their jobs. It is only their personal behavior that gives them away. This will get worse before it gets better.