Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Katie Belle's Loo (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/katie-belles-loo-36519/)

EdV 03-01-2011 07:46 AM

Katie Belle's Loo

I was in Katie Bells this weekend for their Sunday brunch and had the misfortune of needing to use their restroom. All I can say is that the odor of urine was overwhelming and the large waste basket was overflowing onto the floor. I’ve seen cleaner restrooms at gas stations.

For a TV owned and operated restaurant, this was surprising. I see no need to return.

natickdan 03-01-2011 08:02 AM

I'm new to TV, but my wife and I have been to Katie Belle's several times and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I did not notice anything unusual with the men's room, so I certainly hope your experience was an anomaly.

Hopefully, you brought this to the attention of the manager.

Bon Appetit!

Bonny 03-01-2011 08:04 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always a little dumbfounded as to some of the reasons people would choose to "never" go back to a restaurant. :confused:

ajakk 03-01-2011 08:12 AM

Wonder?

If they can't keep the restroom clean, you have to wonder is the kitchen.

memason 03-01-2011 08:27 AM

Hmmmm....

Ironically, the restroom doesn't get that way by itself....

Generally speaking [nothing to do with Katie Belle's], I used to think it was just the mens room [bad aim... :p], but my wife tells me the ladies room is not much different...

Just saying.....

EdV 03-01-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 334610)
....Hopefully, you brought this to the attention of the manager.

I should not have to call the manager’s attention to the fact that the men’s room smells worse than an Iraqi latrine.

missypie 03-01-2011 08:44 AM

I would absolutely tell the manager! They should know of the stench.

2BNTV 03-01-2011 08:59 AM

I personally would notify management of any issues with the restroom as it is a matter of health and personal safety.

If a restroom does not have toilet paper, etc, I would tell them immediately as they might not use to public restroom but use a private restroom.

I have never witnessed Katie Belle's restroom in a state of uncleanliness but I have only visited TV twice.

graciegirl 03-01-2011 09:15 AM

Imagining an Iraqi latrine........

:ohdear:Just the way to start the day. yucky poo.;)

I think I will clean something.:undecided:

skyguy79 03-01-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdVinMass (Post 334621)
I should not have to call the manager’s attention to the fact that the men’s room smells worse than an Iraqi latrine.

Of course you shoudn't have to say something to the manager. He/she should have been Johnny/Jeannie on the spot with the condition of the restroom. Besides, I doubt a restaurant manager has anything better to do or to worry about other than consistantly checking out the restrooms.

However, if someone before you had said something to the manager about the problem, he/she just might have had the problem taken care of. As a result, you might have then been spared enduring the smell that was by your words, "worse than an Iraqi latrine." But, then again why should they or anyone else have to do say anything more than you should?

sandybill2 03-01-2011 10:19 AM

We go to Katie Belle's quit often--Ladies room is always clean-- My granddaughter brought it to my attention that the sign on the door as you leave says "Employees must wash hands before leaving State of FLorida"--of course after Florida the word law is there but she didn't notice that at first and thought it was hilarious---

rubicon 03-01-2011 03:10 PM

Katie Bell's

I am not a fan of Katie Bell's but I would guess because it is as much a bar as a resturant and because of the continual traffic it is understandable that there are complaints about the rest rooms.

bluedog103 03-01-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

I've never been to an Iraqi latrine. Perhaps you could elaborate.

skyguy79 03-01-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 334822)
I've never been to an Iraqi latrine. Perhaps you could elaborate.

I've never experienced one either. Maybe it's like a two-seater out-house (without TP) I once encountered at the side of the road in the West Virginia mountains! Whoooooooooo-baby!!! http://forum.screamer-hardstyle.com/...iles/stink.gif

villagerjack 03-01-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Been to Katie Belles many times...never noticed it. Never been to Iraq so cannot comment on that. :crap2: