Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV not available ???? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-not-available-36591/)

memason 03-03-2011 09:22 AM

TOTV not available ????

Over the past few weeks, there have been times, usually in the morning, where I am not able to get to TOTV. I just get the screen saying the website is not available. Happened this morning from about 6:30 until around 9:00.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am able to get to all other websites and I have used 2 different browsers, with the same results... Seems it's only TOTV I have problems accessing.

Thanks.....

BogeyBoy 03-03-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 335110)
Over the past few weeks, there have been times, usually in the morning, where I am not able to get to TOTV. I just get the screen saying the website is not available. Happened this morning from about 6:30 until around 9:00.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am able to get to all other websites and I have used 2 different browsers, with the same results... Seems it's only TOTV I have problems accessing.

Thanks.....

You're not alone. Unable to get on this morning and on other occasions.

Uptown Girl 03-03-2011 09:27 AM

Me too!

The only way I could get here this morning was to go back to my "history" browser. (on my MAC) Today has been my first experience with this. I thought it might be a server glitch....

Bill-n-Brillo 03-03-2011 09:27 AM

Mike - I experienced the problem this morning for a couple of hours.

Bill

memason 03-03-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks BogieBoy.... At least, I know it's not just me.

Kellygirl 03-03-2011 09:31 AM

I have had that problem in the past, but not recently. Normally administartors warn us if there will be delays in logging on.....

ajbrown 03-03-2011 09:47 AM

:mornincoffee: was not the same without TOTV, glad it is back.

Talk Host 03-03-2011 10:21 AM

From time to time, there are problems with the server. Sometimes it's an overload that causes our Central Processing Unit to crash. We go into panic mode working with our server provider when that happens. We work as hard and fast as possible to get it back up for you.

We are faced with the possibility of having to move up to a much larger server because of the traffic that TOTV gets. The cost is something that we are really concerned about. It's a very expensive jump to the size that we probably need. We're trying to figure out how to do that without breaking the bank.

JLK

ssmith 03-03-2011 10:29 AM

me too...

I had the same problem this a.m. Thnaks TH for all you do.

jebartle 03-03-2011 11:35 AM

Scary

I was going into TOTV withdrawls...Shock to the system Talk Host:confused::oops::eek:barf

Challenger 03-03-2011 11:59 AM

We still love TOTV

Thanks Talk Host for all you efforts

nkrifats 03-03-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 335116)
Thanks BogieBoy.... At least, I know it's not just me.

Same here this morning

barb1191 03-04-2011 12:48 PM

Had problems logging on last evening and so pleased to learn that it wasn't my 'puter....b

Tom Hannon 03-04-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 335139)
From time to time, there are problems with the server. Sometimes it's an overload that causes our Central Processing Unit to crash. We go into panic mode working with our server provider when that happens. We work as hard and fast as possible to get it back up for you.

We are faced with the possibility of having to move up to a much larger server because of the traffic that TOTV gets. The cost is something that we are really concerned about. It's a very expensive jump to the size that we probably need. We're trying to figure out how to do that without breaking the bank.

JLK

I had trouble tonight Friday March 4 and couldn't launch TOTV. There was about an hour of emptiness until I connected somewere around 6:30. Sounds like a larger server might be in needed. I know of the price difference and as most business try to survive, nobody wants to increase operating expenses. I can't offer a solution.

duffysmom 03-04-2011 09:07 PM

Having trouble signing on.:sad: