Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Picture perfect (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture-perfect-125/)
-   -   Ghosts over LSL? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture-perfect-125/ghosts-over-lsl-36712/)

dkcm33 03-07-2011 12:40 PM

Ghosts over LSL?

Last night I took a picture using my phone camera of the moon over the lake at LSL. When I looked at the picture there was something there that I did not see while taking the picture; ghosts?

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...ewithghost.jpg

chuckinca 03-07-2011 12:44 PM

Wicked Witch of the East.

SALYBOW 03-07-2011 12:58 PM

Nest

What a neat photo. Mind Sharing?

Uptown Girl 03-07-2011 02:52 PM

dkcm33... I have seen this in other photos. I have a friend who, when shooting photographs of her young grandson, has this kind of thing show up around his image almost without exception.
We decided it was his guardian of sorts. (He's a gentle child.)
Who knows? maybe what you shot is 'The Guardian' of the lake... I wouldn't mind!

StarbuckSammy 03-07-2011 04:13 PM

Exploding beer can from Cody's bar area?

2newyorkers 03-07-2011 04:50 PM

Ahhhhhhhh... what stories we could make up!

pooh 03-07-2011 08:48 PM

I hope you don't mind, but I have a cyberfriend who is a cameraman for an L.A. studio and I asked if he had any idea what your camera "saw." He knows quite a bit about how and what is seen by the lens and offers this possibility: " ......the picture was taken with a .... cell phone, with a low resolution of only 478 x 799 pixels..........it was taken in failing (that is, dim) light with a long exposure, as is obvious from the image -- overexposed windows, underexposed roof on the left, underexposed wall along the water, underexposed trees in the background.

My guess is that the white trail is an insect with a rapid wing beat flying in front of the lens during the exposure. The trail is very out-of-focus, meaning that it was much closer to the lens than the fence in the foreground. The modular look of the trail is due to the beating of the wings, each module being one wing beat."

Pturner 03-07-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh (Post 336408)
I hope you don't mind, but I have a cyberfriend who is a cameraman for a L.A. studio and I asked if he had any idea what your camera "saw." He knows quite a bit about how and what is seen by the lens and offers this possibility: " ......the picture was taken with a .... cell phone, with a low resolution of only 478 x 799 pixels..........it was taken in failing (that is, dim) light with a long exposure, as is obvious from the image -- overexposed windows, underexposed roof on the left, underexposed wall along the water, underexposed trees in the background.

My guess is that the white trail is an insect with a rapid wing beat flying in front of the lens during the exposure. The trail is very out-of-focus, meaning that it was much closer to the lens than the fence in the foreground. The modular look of the trail is due to the beating of the wings, each module being one wing beat."

Pooh, I'm so impressed! :clap2:

dkcm33 03-07-2011 09:38 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

K9-Lovers 03-07-2011 09:40 PM

Very cool.

pooh 03-08-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 336409)
Pooh, I'm so impressed! :clap2:

Isn't it amazing how what our eyes see and the camera lens sees is so different. It was such an interesting picture, I knew my friend would have an answer...he's quite knowledgeable in this area. He's also knew the type of cell phone used and the time of day the picture was taken. I'm always in awe of what he knows and how well he explains the info to me, who is sometimes more technically challenged than not...lol

Uptown Girl 03-08-2011 07:26 AM

Okay then!

That would account for the dual zigzag lines... Whoa! Maybe my friend's little grandson has fleas!!!!:1rotfl:

pooh 03-08-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Girl (Post 336451)
That would account for the dual zigzag lines... Whoa! Maybe my friend's little grandson has fleas!!!!:1rotfl:

LOL.....poor baby!!!.... ;)

Jhooman 03-08-2011 10:57 PM

Pooh

You are so smart!

GoldenMan 09-05-2011 03:24 PM

ghosts do like to show up in pictures. i do think that is what you have their my friend!