Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   We are working on TOTV performance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/we-working-totv-performance-36734/)

Talk Host 03-08-2011 07:37 AM

We are working on TOTV performance

Your administrators have hired a nationally acclaimed IT technician to work on the performance of Talk of The Villages. He began his work Monday night and it should continue for the next few days.

I have personally noticed a dramatic increase in the speed with which the pages load. It should get even better when he is finished. There could be, from time to time, a few down moments while he works his magic. In any event, we hope that the recent outages are a thing of the past.

The complication that forced this upgrade is a good one. As many as 25 new members every day on TOTV and over 400 computers logged on at any given time.

JLK

ajbrown 03-08-2011 07:41 AM

Thanks for the efforts!!

Maybe you could send him over to The Villages Tee time system after he is done as they seem to be down and out :Screen_of_Death:

pooh 03-08-2011 07:55 AM

Thank you!

Bill-n-Brillo 03-08-2011 07:56 AM

Thanks for the efforts of everyone on your end, th! :024:

Bill

villages07 03-08-2011 07:58 AM

Thanks for all your efforts. I remember when having 100 people online was a busy day.

2newyorkers 03-08-2011 08:04 AM

Thanks for everything do.:bowdown:

ladylake1 03-08-2011 08:56 AM

Overall I have found the forum to run great. Don't mind a glitch now and then because they do happen. Thanks for all the behind the scenes work and effort put in to make this all work!!!!!

skyguy79 03-08-2011 09:28 AM

swimdawg 03-08-2011 09:36 AM

Thank You!

:agree:
I've learned so much from TOTV. I'll be in St. James....eventually. Keep up the good work.

memason 03-08-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 336454)
Your administrators have hired a nationally acclaimed IT technician to work on the performance of Talk of The Villages. He began his work Monday night and it should continue for the next few days.

I have personally noticed a dramatic increase in the speed with which the pages load. It should get even better when he is finished. There could be, from time to time, a few down moments while he works his magic. In any event, we hope that the recent outages are a thing of the past.

The complication that forced this upgrade is a good one. As many as 25 new members every day on TOTV and over 400 computers logged on at any given time.

JLK

TH.... Just an FYI. I have been getting periodic Database Errors this morning, while trying to access TOTV. A refresh normally gets me in, but thought you might want to know. First time I've every had this error with TOTV.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue....

Mike

ajbrown 03-08-2011 10:00 AM

Doubt you do not already know this but.....

I am seeing quite a few of these, which I assume you know and it is expected, but I hate to assume.
Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
• Click the Back button to try another link.

The talkofthevillages.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

ajbrown 03-08-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 336491)
TH.... Just an FYI. I have been getting periodic Database Errors this morning, while trying to access TOTV. A refresh normally gets me in, but thought you might want to know. First time I've every had this error with TOTV.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue....

Mike

great minds .......??????? :clap2:

Bill-n-Brillo 03-08-2011 10:02 AM

Mike and aj - Same thing here. I'm also getting dropped - having to log in again frequently.

Admins - Certainly not complaining by any stretch! Just passing along info as FYI.

Thanks again for your efforts -
Bill :)

memason 03-08-2011 10:04 AM

I'd say TH has a pretty good troubleshooting crew here !

Pturner 03-09-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 336454)

JLK

Yes, the pages are loading much faster-- virtually instantly! Thanks, and congratulations on the reason for the need. :ho: