Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Urban Flats (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/urban-flats-36773/)

soonfl 03-09-2011 04:45 PM

Urban Flats

from the orlando sentinel

"Urban Flats (Orlando) LLC has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in federal court, but restaurants remain open. "

The stores are independent franchisees

But for how long/

Bill-n-Brillo 03-09-2011 06:45 PM

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,6412322.story

Bill

Shirleevee 03-09-2011 08:46 PM

But, NOT our Urban Flats!

kentucky blue 03-09-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirleevee (Post 336824)
But, NOT our Urban Flats!

I would imagine the Urban Flats in TV is in great shape.I'm amused everytime i'm at LSL and see all the activity, reminds me of my college days . If your single and not in a committed relationship,Urban Flats is the place to be, just make sure you bring your "business cards" with you.

alemorkam 03-09-2011 09:28 PM

Anyone seen Midnight Cowboy there?

Bonny 03-10-2011 09:10 AM

Our Urban Flats will be City Fire. This Flats & one in Orlando have broken away from Urban Flats.

Shirleevee 03-10-2011 10:05 AM

The owners are fabulous too....

Bonny 03-10-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirleevee (Post 336968)
The owners are fabulous too....

:agree: They don't get much better.

gbuell 03-16-2011 06:18 PM

Hello Everyone!!
My name is Gina Buell. My husband Mike, Scott Vasatka and myself own the Urban Flats in the Villages. Just want you to know that we are here to stay!! WE LOVE OUR VILLAGERS!!! :D

Yes, Urban Flats Corporate has financial concerns however that will not effect us at all!!!

Hope to see you all tomorrow for St. Patty's Day!! Mike and I will both be here!!! Ask for us!!!

Look forward to seeing you!!:thumbup:

BogeyBoy 03-16-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbuell (Post 338559)
Hello Everyone!!
My name is Gina Buell. My husband Mike, Scott Vasatka and myself own the Urban Flats in the Villages. Just want you to know that we are here to stay!! WE LOVE OUR VILLAGERS!!! :D

Yes, Urban Flats Corporate has financial concerns however that will not effect us at all!!!

Hope to see you all tomorrow for St. Patty's Day!! Mike and I will both be here!!! Ask for us!!!

Look forward to seeing you!!:thumbup:

Hi Gina,

Thanks for the update. Will you continue to operate as Urban Flats? I heard that some Urban Flats have not only changed names but also an entirely different menu.

Bonny 03-17-2011 07:14 AM

Yes, there is a name change coming. Love you Gina !!

Tbugs 03-17-2011 09:12 AM

GBUELL, good to hear from Urban Flats at Lake Sumter Landing that it is not going away.

I (and many others) were disappointed that your restaurant cancelled Trivia Nights. The restaurant was always packed and you seemed to do a land office business selling food and drinks. Then a few weeks ago, a $5 FOOD minimum was also requested per person. That seemed to back the kitchen up so bad (and I also heard there was a physical altercation between cooks) during that time. The following week was when it was announced you were cancelling Trivia Night.

I really think it was a big mistake on your part to require the FOOD minimum. If you had said FOOD OR DRINK, there would be no problem since it seemed as though most people were drinking well over $5 worth. You even could have raised to a minimum FOOD OR DRINK order of $7.50 or $10 and still kept up the good service without overtaxing the kitchen staff.

Hope to get back to Trivia Night at your restaurant as soon as possible. Don't price it too high if you go with a buffet. Personally, I would suggest the food requirement be dropped and just a minimum per person of their choice of food or drink. Drinks are the money maker - even at your great prices.

JohnM 03-17-2011 10:01 AM

GBUELL ... I and my team were regulars at Trivia Night and were disappointed with the changes made and the ultimate cancellation of Trivia Night ... folks are trying alternate venues ... last night's trivia at Fish Hawk was packed (111 were turned away but guaranteed a seat next week) ... it was great fun!

gbuell 07-28-2011 11:07 AM

We will be changing the concept into City Fire!! Here is the website: www.cityfirerestaurants.com

Whatever 07-28-2011 01:58 PM

new venture

Menu pricing seems a bit too high for The Villages and the villagers. Hope you make it. I don't like seeing empty stores in my neighborhood.