Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Please try again in 2 seconds. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/please-try-again-2-seconds-36788/)

BogeyBoy 03-10-2011 08:37 AM

Please try again in 2 seconds.

Anyone repeatedly getting this message after viewing a thread:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 2 seconds.

The only way I have been able to get past it is to go to Quick Links, Today's Posts.

ajbrown 03-10-2011 08:42 AM

I suspect this is one of the "enhancements" to reduce load on database. If you click New Posts that creates a search request. You cannot click New Posts again for 30 seconds.

You can hit the back key which will show the results from the first "New Posts" query within the 30 second window.

ajbrown 03-10-2011 08:47 AM

I see what you mean now.... I am STUCK like that. Something is amis for sure. I cannot do "New Posts" or "Today's Post"

BogeyBoy 03-10-2011 09:10 AM

New message

I've switched to another computer.

I am now getting two messages, the one listed above plus this one:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 12 seconds.

I get this message when I hit Quick Links and Today's Posts.

Talk Host 03-10-2011 09:26 AM

I haven't been able to recreate the problem that is described here.

JLK

KayakerNC 03-10-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 336946)

JLK

Yep, TOTV is now locked-up on my computer. :mad:
Clicked on the New Posts twice and now I'm in a 22 second mode (forever?). Logging out and back in didn't help. I'm now unable to see new posts.
I'll reboot the computer and see what that does.

Later: Logged out of TOTV, closed browser (Firefox), and shut-down/restarted my computer.
The New Posts lock-up is gone, but probably still waiting to ambush.

AnthonyG 03-10-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 336946)

JLK

Your an Admin, you won't be able to reproduce the issue as your exempt.

When trouble shooting, create you a registered account, use it to trouble shoot.

Anyone having this issue should clear their cookies & temp internet files/cache, from their web browsers, restart the web browser, log back in, then try again.

BogeyBoy 03-10-2011 09:35 AM

Still having same problem - on 3 computers

Thought maybe it was an issue with my Apple computers so I went to computer #3, a PC. Same problem. Once I read a thread and try to look at new posts I get the message. Only thing that is different on the three computers is the time it says I have to wait to try again, 17 seconds, 8 seconds, and 2 seconds. (That's when hitting New Posts, when hitting Quick Links I get different wait times.)

Bill-n-Brillo 03-10-2011 09:43 AM

I was having the same problem(s). I've been using the Beta 12 version of Firefox 4.0. Reverted back to using IE and everything works fine. Tried deleting cookies, rebooting, etc., etc. while using Firefox and nothing fixed it - - - until I switched back to using IE.

FWIW........

Bill

Hawkwind 03-10-2011 09:47 AM

Also after reading the new postings in a thread and going back to New Posts the highlighting of the read threads is not changing as it did in the past.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-10-2011 09:55 AM

Well, I thought switching to IE would cure the problem. Turns out I was wrong!

Bill

ajbrown 03-10-2011 09:59 AM

Sending as I know admins watching

400 Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand:

(none)HTTP/1.1 (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to server.talkofthevillages.com's WebMaster.

jblum315 03-10-2011 10:07 AM

You are all probably double-clicking, out of habit. Double-click counts as two clicks. Click just once.

memason 03-10-2011 10:16 AM

I am also having the "search" wait issue, although I wait a few seconds and I can get right back in ....so far.

My bigger issue is that after I read a thread [in New Posts], I go back to New Posts and the thread is still highlighted as UNREAD. This is something new today, as this has not happened to me before. To make matters worse, it seems to be very sporatic, in that some threads will appear as "read", while other remain "unread" ????

memason 03-10-2011 12:03 PM

WOW..... TOTV is really sick! I'm getting all sorts of strange things happening....missing posts, search issues, etc.....

I'll be back tomorrow.... :(