Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sea Level? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sea-level-36828/)

xlhig 03-11-2011 01:42 PM

Sea Level?
 
How high is The Villages above Sea Level?

ddan32162 03-11-2011 01:55 PM

Somewhere between 80 to 90 feet above sea level according to WeatherUnderground

BogeyBoy 03-11-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlhig (Post 337315)
How high is The Villages above Sea Level?

Probably averages between 50-100'.

If you are concerned about Florida being under water it would take a wave of over 150' to cover the whole state. Here is a link that allows you to adjust the rise in sea level and see what impact it would have.


http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/florida.shtml

BogeyBoy 03-11-2011 02:19 PM

I went out to my car and checked my GPS. It said I was at 130'.

Then I found a website that allows you to enter your address and it will tell you your elevation. It said I am at 127'. Allow 3' for sitting in my SUV and I guess the GPS is pretty accurate.

FYI - I am at a fairly high spot in TV. My other house is at 91', it is near Sumter Landing.

If I just ask for the elevation of TV it comes up with 72'.

Pat_RI 03-11-2011 03:40 PM

Lake Miona is about 52 feet above sea level and it seems to be lower than the surrounding area.

joannej 03-11-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyBoy (Post 337325)
I went out to my car and checked my GPS. It said I was at 130'.

Then I found a website that allows you to enter your address and it will tell you your elevation. It said I am at 127'. Allow 3' for sitting in my SUV and I guess the GPS is pretty accurate.

FYI - I am at a fairly high spot in TV. My other house is at 91', it is near Sumter Landing.

If I just ask for the elevation of TV it comes up with 72'.

______________________________________________

What's the name or the address of the website you went to?

Sparky-30 03-11-2011 05:40 PM

Edgar Cayce said eventually Japan and California would be swept beneath the seas.

BogeyBoy 03-11-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joannej (Post 337369)
______________________________________________

What's the name or the address of the website you went to?

http://veloroutes.org/elevation/?loc...lorida&units=e

Just enter any location. Have fun.

2BNTV 03-11-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyBoy (Post 337375)

This is cool. :BigApplause:

waterman1952 03-11-2011 06:20 PM

Google Earth works too. Just place the cursor over a spot ad the elevation is displayed at the bottom.

GeorgeT 03-11-2011 07:30 PM

I think it's a little higher during happy hour:thumbup:

chuckinca 03-11-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky-30 (Post 337373)
Edgar Cayce said eventually Japan and California would be swept beneath the seas.


Our house in TV is at around Elevation 70' (varies)

Our house in CA is at around Elevation 1400' (varies)

Sea level is fairly constant world wide depending upon tides, etc.


Which do you think will get wet first?



.

bestmickey 03-11-2011 09:08 PM

.....

skyguy79 03-11-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat_RI (Post 337343)
Lake Miona is about 52 feet above sea level and it seems to be lower than the surrounding area.

Our home is also at 52'... and NO, we don't live on a houseboat in Lake Miona! http://www.bicketybam.id.au/smileys/...ey_scuba02.gif

BogeyBoy 03-11-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 337407)
Our house in TV is at around Elevation 70' (varies)

Our house in CA is at around Elevation 1400' (varies)

Sea level is fairly constant world wide depending upon tides, etc.


Which do you think will get wet first?



.

Initially you may not get wet in California. But when the faults split Nevada will have ocean front property for sale.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.