Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Were on our way (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/were-our-way-36844/)

oceangirl 03-12-2011 05:36 AM

Were on our way

Still in shock but a good feeling. Our sign went up last Sat. morning. And yesterday our realtor came over with a contract.

We need to come down in the next couple of weeks to pick out upgrades in the home we are going to build in Buttonwood. I would love to hear what you have added in your home. We have selected the Gardina.

If all goes well here we should be in TV sometime in July.

We are so excitied :thumbup: can't wait to leave this cold weather:cold:

Can't wait to meet new friends.:BigApplause:

graciegirl 03-12-2011 06:05 AM

WELL now if that isn't good news. Feel this hug. You made an excellent decision.

On your Gardenia, enlarge the lanai.
If there is room on your lot, do a golf cart garage kick.
If you cook a lot..built in ovens.
Kick the garage, it is your basement now.
Storage is key. Kick the third bedroom, add a closet there.

taylor111947 03-12-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceangirl (Post 337466)
Still in shock but a good feeling. Our sign went up last Sat. morning. And yesterday our realtor came over with a contract.

We need to come down in the next couple of weeks to pick out upgrades in the home we are going to build in Buttonwood. I would love to hear what you have added in your home. We have selected the Gardina.

Congratulations! How wonderful and exciting for you that you didn't have to go through the agony of having people traipsing through your house for very long.

My house goes on the market this weekend. I have to say that if I sold it within a week I'd have to cancel my upcoming househunting trip to wait until I recovered from my heart attack - but it would be worth it!

Good luck!

nkrifats 03-12-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceangirl (Post 337466)

congrats on the sale of the house.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-12-2011 07:37 AM

oceangirl, I hope the contract leads to a successful closing - congrats!!!

Bill

Kelsie52 03-12-2011 08:33 AM

Congrats !!!

My suggestion is to stretch anything you can --Lanai, Garage, side
it does make a difference !!

Good Luck and Welcome

robbie 03-12-2011 08:58 AM

Terrific news ocean girl.....I just went thru the design process last weekend and there are a lot of choices to be made....the ones I am most happy with are the two walk in showers in BOTH bathrooms (my days of cleaning tubs are over) and my wall oven (no more bending over with a 20 lb turkey).... Make sure you allow enough time (I took about 10 hours over two days) with a very patient designer... Also try and use the virtual tour of your home to decide where your t.v.'s are going to go....I had to move(add) a cable outlet in three rooms... We purchased a lily in buttonwood and will be moving in on may 19th...see you at the pool!!!!!

marybb 03-12-2011 08:59 AM

Congrats! We to listed our home in Feb. Sold in 2weeks. We are also in buttonwood. moving down full time in May. Welcome neighbor! Hope to meet you!

cricket1 03-12-2011 09:49 AM

We're looking at another grey day here in Illinois. But in reading your post it gives us hope! Our home got listed for sale last week. No action so far... We too are coming to Buttonwood-have a lot ready for us on Allure Loop. SOON...

skyguy79 03-12-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsie52 (Post 337507)
Congrats !!!

My suggestion is to stretch anything you can --Lanai, Garage, side
it does make a difference !!

Good Luck and Welcome

My thoughts exactly. Our Gardenia has a stretched garage, master BR and lanai. The master BR is fine but would still have liked more space in the garage and lanai. I also wished it had a GC garage, but we bought pre-owned and don't have the space to add one! We also love our roman shower. I'm going to hate using our tub shower when we return north for the summer! If you do chose the roman shower, consideer having large tile for the floor rather than smaller ones. The small ones are uncomfortable to me and tend hurt my feet a little.

jackz 03-12-2011 10:28 AM

Congrats

Congrats Oceangirl, that is great news.

Jhooman 03-12-2011 10:58 AM

I'm so happy for you!

Our home is still on the market, no bites yet. You give me hope. Our lot is on Graves Place in Buttonwood. We will be building a Bridgeport.

Enjoy the journey. I'll see you at the pool or dancing in the square.

Minnesotalyn 03-12-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhooman (Post 337541)
I'm so happy for you!

Our home is still on the market, no bites yet. You give me hope. Our lot is on Graves Place in Buttonwood. We will be building a Bridgeport.

Enjoy the journey. I'll see you at the pool or dancing in the square.

First Congrats Oceangirl, We just sold ours too. Closing the end of April. Jhooman we're on Graves place too. On the corner of Graves and Allure Loop.

SALYBOW 03-12-2011 02:07 PM

Agree

First welcome to Buttonwood. We will be neighbors. What street in Buttonwood?

I agree, stretch anything you can, especially the lanai. I added granite and have not regretted it at all. I love it. We have a golf car garage. Garage space is critical. Get all your lot and budget will bear. Let me know when you get here. We'll have a drink together. Except I don't drink too much alcohol. But I don't let that stop me from partying. LOL

Pookirgirl 03-12-2011 02:57 PM

Oceangirl, If money isn't a factor, do everything Graciegirl suggested. Only one more thing I would recommend...get stackable sliders on your lanai!
Congrats and good luck!