Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Tomberlin Ambassador Group (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/tomberlin-ambassador-group-36930/)

mrdills 03-15-2011 06:36 PM

Tomberlin Ambassador Group

There will be a meeting for this group at the Bridgeport Rec center March 23 at 6 PM, see you there..........................

lisaz 06-06-2011 07:09 PM

Next Meeting

Can you tell me when and where the next meeting is? Thanks.

Lisa

CarGuys 07-12-2011 11:07 PM

I am so interested in these Carts,

We move here next July. I would like any feedback or advise from any owners or tinkering! Technicians.

Wish I could get the AC motor and controler in the stock vehicle not the 17500 Shelby edition which is insane!

Thanks-

mrdills 07-13-2011 10:27 AM

Tomberlin cart

I am on the board of the Tomberlin club, we have over 200 people in the club. If you have any questions about the cart or the club you can PM me.

Jerry

Hawkmom3 08-16-2011 03:08 PM

Miles

With this cart, how far can you go between charges and how often do you change batteries? Lastly, what makes this cart better than some of the other electric carts?

red tail 08-16-2011 03:27 PM

the tomberlin is an lsv vs a golf cart....its heavier,safer, has 500 amp motor ,4 wheel hydraulic brakes,safety windshield,speedometer/odometer and doesnt cost any more than a golf cart !! however you must license it and insure it as a second vehicle .

nilrebmot 09-28-2011 09:44 AM

is this cart made in china?

mrdills 09-28-2011 02:25 PM

Tomberlin carts

Tomberlin has 9 Assembly points through out the US, the closes to us is in Augusta Georgia. Tomberlin buys parts through out the world just like any other golf cart manufacturer. They are the only manufacture that produces a LSV and Regular cart in the same quality and safety features, the only difference is in the controller that sets the speed up for the LSV's.

gongoozler 11-28-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmom3 (Post 382682)
With this cart, how far can you go between charges and how often do you change batteries? Lastly, what makes this cart better than some of the other electric carts?

How far can you go on the batteries depends on the configeration . .. 8 -6 volts will take you further than 6 -8 volt batteries. The age of the batteries also must be factored in. The most I've driven is 42 miles on one charge but I've done 24-30 many times and I've also drive 9 miles to a golf course, played 18 holes and then driven back with no problems.
How long will the batteries last . . . that depends on how you treat them . . . you must keep them full of water (the automatic fill system cannot be beat and is well worth the cost), the long deep charges takes more out of the batteries than the shorter charges so it's best to charge the cart as soon as you've driven it. My guess (from my other carts) is with normal care and putting 3-4k per year on a cart you should get from 5 to 7 years out of the batteries. I've only had my Tomberlin 3 years and so far the batteries show no sign of breaking down.

2-crazy 07-25-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdills (Post 370600)
I am on the board of the Tomberlin club, we have over 200 people in the club. If you have any questions about the cart or the club you can PM me.

Jerry

Hi club members, we are moving to the Villages in about 40 days and I am looking around for a Tomberlin. Notice there is not dealer currently in the Villages so my question is where do you repair/service the cart? Looked at the Anvil and it is interesting but can’t use on the courses or paths I believe.

Checking around for pricing and someone on line said the Shelby was $17500, Wow. What about the Emerge 48-SS? Any major problems?

justjim 07-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-crazy (Post 527991)
Hi club members, we are moving to the Villages in about 40 days and I am looking around for a Tomberlin. Notice there is not dealer currently in the Villages so my question is where do you repair/service the cart? Looked at the Anvil and it is interesting but can’t use on the courses or paths I believe.

Checking around for pricing and someone on line said the Shelby was $17500, Wow. What about the Emerge 48-SS? Any major problems?

:welcome: It is not my intention to "pirate" this thread but there are other brand of carts out there that run in TV that are LSV'S. Supposedly, you are only allowed to drive 25mph in a LSV but I know many are going faster. I have no problem with that as I think it is safer to be able to go with the traffic at 35mph. But it is unlawful. An LSV can only be driven on a road with a posted speed limit of 35mph or less. I wonder if there has been any attempt to get the speed limit changed to 35mph? Personally, I would be interested in a LSV like that. :clap2: ooops....see its an old thread, probably should have made my comments with a new thread. Pardon me.

ProfDuckworth 08-24-2012 01:48 PM

yes