Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Ice and Rec centers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/ice-rec-centers-37061/)

katezbox 03-20-2011 01:37 PM

Ice and Rec centers

While checking out today at Publix with two bags of ice and some groceries, the man behind me in line said that I should just go to one of the rec centers and get ice from there. He then told me that we all pay for it....

I guess that I thought the ice at the rec centers was there for when a group had a party or meeting - not for us to fill up our coolers whenever we need some extra ice. It really never occurred to me to go there for ice... and it sounds a bit iffy to me even now.

Comments, please?

JenAjd 03-20-2011 01:43 PM

That sounds a bit tacky to me! Also...can you imagine "if" everyone in T.V. did that? No ice in the machines there. Ice isn't THAT expensive--buy a bag or two.

chuckster 03-20-2011 01:50 PM

I agree, tacky. should be for the use of groups using the facility only.

Challenger 03-20-2011 02:58 PM

Tacky isn't the word. Inconsiderate would be more appropriate.

graciegirl 03-20-2011 03:06 PM

It speaks volumes to me about a person if that is what they would do.

I can't say WHY I feel that way, but I do.

I wouldn't. ever.

Sparky-30 03-20-2011 03:48 PM

No, not so, we are putting on a Bingo game at Mulberry Tuesday evening, we had to go up and sit with administrator who will provide ice for us in a big cooler.
How cheap is that, cant buy his own ice.

Pturner 03-20-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katezbox (Post 339440)
While checking out today at Publix with two bags of ice and some groceries, the man behind me in line said that I should just go to one of the rec centers and get ice from there. He then told me that we all pay for it....

I guess that I thought the ice at the rec centers was there for when a group had a party or meeting - not for us to fill up our coolers whenever we need some extra ice. It really never occurred to me to go there for ice... and it sounds a bit iffy to me even now.

Comments, please?

Ladies, lets load the squirt guns and go catch him in the act! For him, we'll make it ice water.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-20-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 339486)
Ladies, lets load the squirt guns and go catch him in the act! For him, we'll make it ice water.

Aim low............. :thumbup:

Bill

katezbox 03-20-2011 06:32 PM

Dear friends,

I thought as much. Two bags of ice cost less than $4...

BnB - if I am going to aim low, I think I want one of those water bazookas!

Bill-n-Brillo 03-20-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katezbox (Post 339536)
.........BnB - if I am going to aim low, I think I want one of those water bazookas!

OUCH!!! :1rotfl: You go, girl!! :)

Bill

skyguy79 03-20-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 339486)

I'm usually ready and willing to stand in when you ladies start getting ready to get together and make your attack, but in this case the cheap-skate can take it himself! I wonder if there is a squirt gun that can be adopted to shoot ice cubes? http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/i.../sign_ouch.gif

katezbox 03-20-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 339572)
I'm usually ready and willing to stand in when you ladies start getting ready to get together and make your attack, but in this case the cheap-skate can take it himself! I wonder if there is a squirt gun that can be adopted to shoot ice cubes? http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/i.../sign_ouch.gif

LOL - Sky guy - you may have noticed that the genteel and generous Graciegirl is behaving better than I!

redwitch 03-20-2011 11:03 PM

My water cannon can't shoot ice cubes but I could certainly fill it with VERY cold water (think melted ice cubes). Some people really get what they deserve and he definitely deserves something!

BlueHeronFan 03-21-2011 08:29 AM

Probably the same mentality of those who take the candles out of Seabreeze on a regular basis because they must assume they are free or something. I had a rec guy tell me that they replace about a case of candles a week.

graciegirl 03-21-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan (Post 339658)
Probably the same mentality of those who take the candles out of Seabreeze on a regular basis because they must assume they are free or something. I had a rec guy tell me that they replace about a case of candles a week.

It is just a matter of how you look at things. I saw a woman stop her golf cart and run out in the middle of the street to pick up a pop can.

I think most of us are proud of our beautiful place and get so angry when someone does stuff like that.

And another thing. If you cannot afford to buy your own candles, than don't have any or don't move here if you don't have enough money to live the way you think you must..STEALING CANDLES. DANG.:(:(:(