Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   The Vilages and Adult Children (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/vilages-adult-children-37148/)

harbor53 03-22-2011 11:02 PM

The Vilages and Adult Children

I'll be moving to the Village early next year. My son is 21. I doubt he will want to live with me (he lives with Mom)...but, if he wants to/needs to spend extended time with me...will this be OK?

If needed, I will give him co-ownership.

I'm sure if I die, he will not stay...just sell out.

I just want to make sure my son has options.

Cheers!

Harbor

redwitch 03-23-2011 12:07 AM

Many adult children live here with their parents. So long as your son is over 19, no problem. He doesn't need to be on your deed. He will need an ID card to use TV facilities. For that, he'll need proof that he lives with you on a permanent basis. That proof can be a Florida's driver's license or ID card AND a phone bill (cell is okay) and checking account statement or other documents showing your TV address.

Although this is an over-55 community, there are enough young people here that they can find friends their own age and interests, either others who live here with their parents or servers, etc. working in TV. If he does come with you, he may be surprised and learn to love it as much as the old folks.

JohnN 03-23-2011 02:59 PM

redwitch hit it on the head, sure he can

Tbugs 03-23-2011 09:07 PM

No problem with a 21 year old son living with you. He will be welcome and probably able to easily find a job in the vast service area of The Villages.

Naturally, he is not allowed at the Neighborhood Pools where you have to be 30 years old.

chuckinca 03-23-2011 09:45 PM

That sounds like a deal breaker for sure!

skyguy79 03-23-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 340468)
That sounds like a deal breaker for sure!

... but only for the first 9 years! :highfive:

graciegirl 03-23-2011 10:53 PM

Ah the wisdom posted here daily.

harbor53 03-24-2011 10:46 PM

Gracias

Thank all of you for your comments..just wondering...if I fall in love with a Florida gal...does this apply to her as well?

harbor53 03-24-2011 10:52 PM

After 30 years...I am not exactly -

wanting to rush into another legal entanglement.

Not that I am against the idea...but, it would be nice to let time foster any relationship.

Of course, if any of you out there find me just a gem..well...everything is relative.

Gracie Girl ...busy tonight? Ah - I knew. Blessings on your hubby.

Harbor

784caroline 03-25-2011 08:16 AM

Redwitch

Are you saying to get a Village ID card for someone say 25...all they need is to have a drivers license and cell phone bill with the TV address listed?? I always thought the person had to be on the deed.

jgbama 03-27-2011 09:23 PM

We too may be bringing an adult child who is still at home. Are TV resident ID cards limited to the two parents? We rent from owner for the week we come down and pay the $50 for TV ID cards. The one time our son came, we just got him a Resident Guest ID.

Would love to know the answer to whether the son had to be on the deed.

Hope to be permanent by July of 2012.

John

villages07 03-28-2011 06:57 AM

You do not have to be on the deed to get a permanent resident ID card. Your son would have to display 3 proofs of residency .... driver's license, checking account, voter registration, credit card bill, etc to show that your Villages address is his permanent address.

He would then be issued a blue resident ID card (must be renewed every 3 years) that entitles him to all the same privileges that you have. Green resident ID cards are issued to those on the deed. These do not have to be renewed.

jgbama 03-28-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villages07 (Post 341429)
You do not have to be on the deed to get a permanent resident ID card. Your son would have to display 3 proofs of residency .... driver's license, checking account, voter registration, credit card bill, etc to show that your Villages address is his permanent address.

He would then be issued a blue resident ID card (must be renewed every 3 years) that entitles him to all the same privileges that you have. Green resident ID cards are issued to those on the deed. These do not have to be renewed.

Thanks so much. We actually want him on his own so me and momma can play!!:D But at least wanted to know our options. Love your Maryland flag. We spent most of the 80's at Andrews AFB with the Air National Guard HQ. LOVED MD and the Bay blue crabs!

John

skyguy79 03-28-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgbama (Post 341437)
Thanks so much. We actually want him on his own so me and momma can play!!:D
John

Maybe HE wants to be on his own so HE can play! :22yikes:

jgbama 03-28-2011 09:44 AM

You are right Skyguy he does, but he also apparently likes my hip pocket too!:( He lived on his own and knows the good life, just didn't manage his finances very well. That is why he moved back, to save up. . . hasn't happened yet!:censored: