Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Realtor recommendation? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/realtor-recommendation-37199/)

DCGolfer 03-24-2011 04:57 PM

Realtor recommendation?

Am preparing my house for sale in Arlington Virginia. Expect it to sell over the summer. Need a Village realtor who can work with me by phone, email, and--of course--during a lifestyle visit. Want someone who knows what's up Village-wise and will spend time. Pretty sure I want a pre-owned. Know somebody you'd recommend?
Thanks.

SALYBOW 03-24-2011 05:18 PM

Best of the Best

I highly recommend Bobby Gulati of the Villages. He listens to you then works very hard to get you the most for your money. He's an 11 out of 10 in my book. He is working long distance with my cousin right now.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-24-2011 05:21 PM

I don't have a TV realtor to recommend per se. But I would suggest that if you're interested in covering all the resales available in TV, you'll want to deal with 2 different realtors - one from TV and the other from an MLS organization. A realtor who's part of TV's organization can only represent homes they have listed. The same holds true for an MLS-affiliated realtor. They can't represent one another's listings.

Bill

graciegirl 03-24-2011 05:46 PM

Jim McLaughlin, originally from Maine, is the person who worked with us on the purchase of our first house and is now helping us find a second house.

He is probably somewhere in his sixties in age, and is very good at answering questions and getting back to you immediately.

We like him very much.

Tbugs 03-24-2011 06:54 PM

By all means, get a Villages Property realtor as well as a MLS agent. I used ERA/Tom Grizzard agency on Hwy 441 (Mike Herman was the agent). I explained what my requirement were and both agents showed me great homes. I ended up buying from Mike Herman's office.

The Villages Property agents can only show you homes listed by Villages Properties - not MLS. Outside agents can only show MLS homes - not those listed by Villages Properties.

In my opinion, resale is the best way to go.

Cynbod 03-24-2011 07:13 PM

We used Ron Delk. He took time during our Lifestyle visit and after to show both pre-owned and new. There was no pressure but he was always responsive to our many questions. We definately would recommend him to anyone.

katezbox 03-24-2011 07:15 PM

For a Villages agent I highly recommend Jackie Murphy. She has lived here for 10 years or so - knows the area, really listens, isn't pushy and works hard.

Unlike some TV agents (based on comments made in this forum), she will not "push" you toward a new home....

I disagree with Tbugs on new vs. resale... there is no generic "best" way to go. There are many factors that will let you decide what is best for you...

Mallory 03-24-2011 09:38 PM

Another strong vote for Ron Delk of The Villages. We bought 4 years ago and he still checks back to insure all is ok - and it is.

silvertoken 03-25-2011 06:31 AM

From start to finish of purchasing a home strictly by internet only, including closing in my own State I used http://lylegant.mfr.mlxchange.com/ . Everything worked out smoothly and closed in less than a month. He has also learned a lot about Veterans so I call him Master Sarge now. Has always answered my calls when needed.

walkr 03-25-2011 07:17 AM

Another vote for Ron Delk

Ron Delk, salesperson with The Villages, was great! We bought sight unseen over the phone and I wouldn't hesitate to use Ron again. And he follows up with us, too, from time to time.

walkr

Becky 03-25-2011 09:03 AM

ANother vote for Ron Delk! He is fantastic and gives you all the time you need.

Becky

tap190 03-25-2011 09:48 AM

realtor

Kathie Actis, sales and Marketing Rep. with the Villages. She is patient,caring and truthful . her Toll free # is 800-346-4556. You'll be glad .