Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Northern Section of TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/northern-section-tv-37223/)

2BNTV 03-25-2011 12:52 PM

Northern Section of TV

I was looking on-line at some lovely patio villas in the northern part of TV. I prefer to be more centrally located or near Spanish Springs.

I was wondering if people feel this section of TV is too far by golf cart from Spanish Springs and the other parts of TV. Are their advantages to being in this section as opposed to other area's?

graciegirl 03-25-2011 01:01 PM

Spanish Springs is in the northern part of The Villages.

Some of the oldest areas are north of Spanish Springs (Orange Blossom, Country Club) But they are very VERY close.

You are pretty close to shopping, doctors and restaurants near Spanish Springs....AND if you are near or SOUTH of Lake Sumter Landing.

Not any bad spots that I know of.

bargee 03-25-2011 01:14 PM

We reside in a Patio Villa in the"northern"area of the Villages and have no problem accessing any area of the Villages.For example 15-20 min. by golf cart to either square.

eweissenbach 03-25-2011 01:43 PM

I think you mean north of El Camino Real in Marion County. That is an area that I will choose not to purchase in. I have driven that area and it is lovely, and I am sure there is good reason to live there, but I would choose not to be that far removed from the center of TV. My preference would be a village close to CR 466 as they are close to both town squares, shopping, etc. I particularly like the villages east of Buena Vista and just north of CR 466, as they are old enough that the bonds are low or paid off in many cases. Fortunately, not everyone is interested in the same thing so there is demand for all the villages.

nitakk 03-25-2011 01:51 PM

Depends on what you are looking for. We live in the Marion County end and absolutely love it. 20 minutes to Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter is close enough for me and away from the hustle-bustle. Publix, Walgreen's and some restaurants are about a mile away. Since we are not "town square kind of people" except when relatives come in, this suits our lifestyle. If you want more action, you might want to live closer to the squares. At this age, I've had my share of action and enjoy the peace and quiet of this end of The Villages!

Bogie Shooter 03-25-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 340872)
I think you mean north of El Camino Real in Marion County. That is an area that I will choose not to purchase in. I have driven that area and it is lovely, and I am sure there is good reason to live there, but I would choose not to be that far removed from the center of TV. My preference would be a village close to CR 466 as they are close to both town squares, shopping, etc. I particularly like the villages east of Buena Vista and just north of CR 466, as they are old enough that the bonds are low or paid off in many cases. Fortunately, not everyone is interested in the same thing so there is demand for all the villages.

What about Brownwood??

skyguy79 03-25-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 340883)
What about Brownwood??

Brownwood? Depends on where one's located. From Buena Vista and Rt. 446A it's about 2.5 miles to the future Town Square. (See on map)
(Note: You can place your mouse pointer on the maps "A" marker and drag it to another location in TV to get the mileage from that point to the future Town Square)

starflyte1 03-25-2011 03:07 PM

The area near Lopez CC is a very pretty area, but, for us, it is too far from SS. We like being close to SS, shopping, medical offices, and restaurants, all by golf cart. Nice as you get older.

As I said in another post, the fact that you asked about the distance, you may not be happy so far away. Don't just think it will be ok, but get a cart and drive to SS several time and be sure.

We bought a nice home, in a nice Village (as they all are), but, as we were slowly moving into it, I realized that I wanted to be really close to SS. We sold the house without really living there.

There are some nice villas near SS.

l2ridehd 03-25-2011 03:33 PM

If I was looking for a Patio Villa North of 466, I would search for something in the Village of de La Vista. This Village is about 10 minutes from SS or LSL and convenient to most things. Is is a little older so mature landscaping and some decent buys on Patio Villas.

eweissenbach 03-25-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 340912)
If I was looking for a Patio Villa North of 466, I would search for something in the Village of de La Vista. This Village is about 10 minutes from SS or LSL and convenient to most things. Is is a little older so mature landscaping and some decent buys on Patio Villas.

:agree::agree:

Schaumburger 03-26-2011 01:41 AM

Renting in Chatham

In July I will be renting for one week in Chatham just south of Nancy Lopez CC. If I'm looking a the TV map correctly, the rental is only about 1 mile from the Publix at Mulberry Grove Plaza. I would like to rent again in the fall for a week, and then I think I will choose a rental further south near 466. Since it will be several years until I can contemplate buying in TV, renting in different villages may be a good way to see which part of TV I would ultimately want to buy in. Maybe next year I will rent in Pennecamp or Buttonwood to see what the newer villages are like to live in. Convenience to shopping would definitely be important to me. I think I would also like to live within about 2 or 3 miles from one of the squares. By the time I will be able to buy the new square at Brownwood Paddock will be finished.

Russ_Boston 03-26-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 340998)
In July I will be renting for one week in Chatham just south of Nancy Lopez CC. If I'm looking a the TV map correctly, the rental is only about 1 mile from the Publix at Mulberry Grove Plaza. I would like to rent again in the fall for a week, and then I think I will choose a rental further south near 466. Since it will be several years until I can contemplate buying in TV, renting in different villages may be a good way to see which part of TV I would ultimately want to buy in. Maybe next year I will rent in Pennecamp or Buttonwood to see what the newer villages are like to live in. Convenience to shopping would definitely be important to me. I think I would also like to live within about 2 or 3 miles from one of the squares. By the time I will be able to buy the new square at Brownwood Paddock will be finished.

Sounds like a good plan. There won't be many places that are more than 3-4 miles from one of the squares.

zcaveman 03-26-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 341004)
Sounds like a good plan. There won't be many places that are more than 3-4 miles from one of the squares.

I have lived in Marion county since 2001. I am very happy out here. I have my necessary shopping - grocery, liquor, pharmacy, bank, gas station and a few eateries. I am maybe 3 miles to SS and 4 miles to LSL based on my GPS readings to the two TooJays in the area.

It is about a 20 minute cart ride to either square and a 10 minute ride to Summertrace.

There are always resales between here and the squares.

We used to go to activities at SS 4-5 nights a week. Now it is maybe twice a month. We still travel to SS quite a bit for lunch and shopping. My doctors are in the SS area and in the LSL area. I like morning appointments so I can partake of the various breakfast specials in both squares.

Anywhere in TV is great.

Get a map and a compass and draw a 3 or 4 or 5 mile circle from the places you want to be close to and see where the circles overlap and look in that area. You should find something.

Z

ajdeck 03-26-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 340998)

Here's what we do. We take the center of LSL then add the address of what is for sale that we are considering and put it on Google maps. That will tell you how far it is to the square or anything else. Once you put in the address of the house and the square address you can drag the mouse to a new location and see how far that is.
Now remember these are car times and milage so you need to add a few more minutes and miles due to carts going 20 instead of the 35 or so on the highway. Also, cart paths are not as a direct route as the streets are.

Hope that helps, it sure has helped us.

aj

skyguy79 03-26-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdeck (Post 341052)
Here's what we do. We take the center of LSL then add the address of what is for sale that we are considering and put it on Google maps. That will tell you how far it is to the square or anything else. Once you put in the address of the house and the square address you can drag the mouse to a new location and see how far that is.
Now remember these are car times and milage so you need to add a few more minutes and miles due to carts going 20 instead of the 35 or so on the highway. Also, cart paths are not as a direct route as the streets are. aj

Just noting that in Google map directions you can click on a bicycle icon (top of left frame) to show travel time in that mode instead of by car. I'd venture a guess that the actual travel time by golf cart may lie midway between the two figures.
http://www.toocutebabygifts.com/imag...golfcart-S.jpg But then again I'm not a professional golf cart driver and can't be sure!