Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Is there a quiet place? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/there-quiet-place-37266/)

Tweety Bird 03-27-2011 09:55 AM

Is there a quiet place?

My friend and I went to hear the Four Freshmen last night and wanted to have a nice, quiet drink with an appetizer. I started wondering...where is there a place we can do this after everything shuts down after 9 PM???? My friend lives near Spanish Springs, so I suggested the Cattle Baron, but it was SO rockin' noisy that we had to walk out. Not the right setting. We went to Margherittaville and it was ROCKIN' and BLASTIN' with a band and young people. Also, not the right setting for what we wanted. We ended up sitting outside. That was the best choice for conversing at the time. In filtered young people from the outskirts, big bouncer dude checking ID's INCLUDING MINE.....I laughed and said "thank you". Police cars stationed outside. Went back outside. More young people hanging outside and it got noisier and noisier. No wonder people need hearing aids with all the damage of NOISE. LOL My question is...IS THERE A PLACE THAT ONE CAN GO FOR A QUIET LITTLE DRINKY POO after 9 PM? (don't say the lania)...LOL. Your comments would be deeply appreciated.

chuckinca 03-27-2011 11:33 AM

I believe the Hacienda CC Pool Bar is open until Midnight.

Also heard that Applees is open late too.

KathieI 03-27-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 341266)
I believe the Hacienda CC Pool Bar is open until Midnight.

Also heard that Applees is open late too.

Applebee's is open late but its full of young people and has loud music on the nights I've been there.
I was thinking more about the Waterfront Hotel, I know its not in SS, but it might be quiet especially outside on the porch? I know we are lacking in a nice quiet, piano bar type of atmosphere where you can bring visitors and sit and chat. Very hard to do in anyplace that has loud music.

Mudder 03-27-2011 11:56 AM

How about Gar Vino in LSL? It's sort of a wine bar type place, mellow music so I'm told.

l2ridehd 03-27-2011 12:03 PM

Gar Vinos, but it closes at 9:00 except Friday and Saturday, then at 10:00.

jblum315 03-27-2011 12:48 PM

Short answer to your question: No.

Boomer 03-27-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 341272)
Applebee's is open late but its full of young people and has loud music on the nights I've been there.
I was thinking more about the Waterfront Hotel, I know its not in SS, but it might be quiet especially outside on the porch? I know we are lacking in a nice quiet, piano bar type of atmosphere where you can bring visitors and sit and chat. Very hard to do in anyplace that has loud music.

Kathie!

You said it. I have always wondered why TV does not have a piano bar, a cozy place that might even stay open until (gasp) midnight.

I have been known to keep a piano-top tip jar full because I never seem to run out of requests. (I do let others take a turn though.) I always start with "Satin Doll" -- one of my favorites.

And then there are those torch songs.....

Uh oh.....I feel one of my shameless confessions coming on.....

I always wanted be a torch singer. I already know all the words -- if only I could sing. (sigh)

I am not really sure why I even know what a torch singer is.......I'm wild again, beguiled again, a.....er, where were we???

Anyway, my iPod is full of Ella and Julie London and Peggy Lee. (Well, yeah, The Rolling Stones and others from my youth are there, too, but that's just not the same thing.)

Well, I have digressed enough for now.

But Kathie you are absolutely right.

Sentimental Journey Boomer

Barefoot 03-27-2011 01:11 PM

I don't know anywhere close to Spanish Springs that is quiet. I asked the same question back in 2007 when we first found The Bubble. Sometimes Country Clubs have outside patios which are quiet and pleasant. Hilltop perhaps? I went to Cane Garden Saturday night at 7 PM and immediately got a table on the patio to watch the sunset. It was gorgeous and quiet.

I always enjoy Bonefish Grill because there is no loud background music.
After 8/9 PM, the crowds really dissipate, and it is quite pleasant. There is an outside patio, a restaurant and a bar.

My other choices would be Amelias at the Waterfront Hotel (as Kathie suggested), or Gar Vinos (didn't realize it closes so early).

skyguy79 03-27-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 341287)
I always wanted be a torch singer. I already know all the words -- if only I could sing. (sigh)

Sounds like we have similar taste in music, but I must say that my problem is NOT that I can't sing, it's that others can't listen! http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...leyTomato2.gif

l2ridehd 03-27-2011 05:00 PM

This sounds like a business opportunity. Nice bar, good wine selection, good selection of appetizers, quiet soft music, piano, intimate atmosphere, stay open late, why hasn't someone done this? This and high end place for special occasions could really do well in TV. I would do it, but I would eat and drink all the profits.

2BNTV 03-27-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 341333)
This sounds like a business opportunity. Nice bar, good wine selection, good selection of appetizers, quiet soft music, piano, intimate atmosphere, stay open late, why hasn't someone done this? This and high end place for special occasions could really do well in TV. I would do it, but I would eat and drink all the profits.

:agree::agree::agree:

It would be nice to include a piano bar on the surveys and maybe it will happen. I hope, I hope , I hope.

I would be frequenting an establishment of this kind and enjoying listening to good music. Don't encourage me to sing, you'll be sorry.

Tweety Bird 03-27-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 341338)
:agree::agree::agree:

It would be nice to include a piano bar on the surveys and maybe it will happen. I hope, I hope , I hope.

I would be frequenting an establishment of this kind and enjoying listening to good music. Don't encourage me to sing, you'll be sorry.

I won't. Tired of kareoke too. Thanks for everyone's input. Would love to hear more! I'm just tired of LOUD..LOUD...LOUD. I don't need entertainment thrown in my face every two seconds. Just a quiet bar and a little soft music through a sound system. Everything here is such overkill. I just want to talk to someone in a quiet setting. I guess I'll keep looking for it with the help of many of your comments..and I thank you. Keep them coming.

chuckinca 03-27-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 341291)
I don't know anywhere close to Spanish Springs that is quiet. I asked the same question back in 2007 when we first found The Bubble. Sometimes Country Clubs have outside patios which are quiet and pleasant. Hilltop perhaps?

Hilltop has the Tiki Bar in the Pool area that isn't loud but is a bit smokey and isn't open late. Hilltop also has the indoor bar but I don't think that is open late either - don't do much of the late night things anymore (sort of burned out in the 70's).

golf2140 03-27-2011 08:46 PM

Havana tried a piano type bar, no one stayed late. Everyone heads home after 9 PM

:police:

Barefoot 03-27-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 341333)

I've thought exactly the same thing ... hmmm, piano bar, good business opportunity. And I'm a Canadian, looking to invest in a viable business opportunity in The Bubble. But I decided that the Singles have discovered more exciting opportunities. So the appeal is to 1% of the population. The old Wrinklies really aren't looking for a 9 PM and later romantic spot to congregate. Yah, the Wrinklies (and I'm one of them) would rather be home sleeping in their king-size beds.