Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Just got the word Saturday (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/just-got-word-saturday-37287/)

laryb 03-28-2011 08:35 AM

Just got the word Saturday

after keeping us (marybb and I) in suspense for a week. The appraisal came in at what the buyers needed, and their final financing has been approved. Our realtor said it’s a done deal, and that we can start packing! It was really nerve racking because we got what we wanted for our house, and me being the eternal optimist, figured the bank would never appraise it that high. Go figure!The ABF Relo Cubes will be here on the 8th, and we have until the 14th to fill them and ship them out. The hard part is that we are making two and a half moves (waiting for the Charlie Sheen jokes). The first move is getting about half of the furniture and furnishing into an apartment for my daughter. Then we move our things into the cubes and ship them out. In between, we have to figure out who may want the rest of the stuff, and what to do with what’s left. Our home in TV is already furnished, so it’s mostly clothing, my television and electronics, power and hand tools, a couple of accent chairs for the M.B., etc. It’s really tough to throw things out in our town, because you have to make an appointment for larger items and they charge $10 an item, plus they make you wait a month. And you can’t just bag trash and leave it at the curb, it has to be in special town bags at $2 a bag that can’t be overstuffed. Anyway, it’ll all get done somehow, we just don’t know how yet. We’ll be leaving Mass. On May 15th, and depending on how well the cat travels, should be in TV the 16th or 17th for good! Now if we can just get through these next couple of weeks with our sanity, we’ll see you at Crispers in May!:D:pepper2::crap2:

katezbox 03-28-2011 08:44 AM

Congrats Lary. We did 4 and 1/2 moves - it all works out in the end. One tip would be to get some neon colored post its and use them on every box - pink to your daughter, lime to TV etc. Use packing tape over them so they stay put.

We have stuff to Maine, stuff to our daughter in Atlanta, stuff to take with us to SC, stuff of my son's to stay at Grandma's and all the stuff to TV. Whew - only a couple of items got messed up.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-28-2011 08:44 AM

Good for you, laryb! Hope it all finishes up according to plan.

Perhaps consider calling a local charity that should be willing to come and take the serviceable items you no longer want. As far as stuff that you just want to toss (trash), check with local places that rent small/roll-off dumpsters. Fill it up, they come back to get it and haul it off.

Enjoy!

Bill

2BNTV 03-28-2011 11:16 AM

Lary and maryb;

Congrats. Best wishes on your impending move.

It's the kind of stress I am looking forward to having. It will get done.

Enjoy many years in paradise. :smiley:

graciegirl 03-28-2011 11:36 AM

Laryb and Maryb, meant to B,...TV!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay1!!!!!!!!!

laryb 03-28-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 341541)

Thanks Gracie! Will you still be in TV in mid-May, or will you be back in Ohio?

champion6 03-28-2011 12:25 PM

Congrats, laryb. The best is yet to come!

Pturner 03-28-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 341541)

tudacee 03-29-2011 05:19 PM

Congrats, Lary...just keep your head high and take it a step at a time, and before you know it, you will be a frog....

which village are you in at TV?

YIPEEEEEE!

kofficer 04-14-2011 10:06 AM

How about good will or salvation army, aren't they everywhere? The pick up for free, last time we used them.

Richard and Lee in Tampa, for now.

pooh 04-14-2011 10:14 AM

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Congratulations to you both.

Welcome home, fellow frogs... ;) Those of us here are doing the happy dance....see.... ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jaFxV4qC1p...collection.jpg

Pturner 04-14-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh (Post 346705)
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Congratulations to you both.

Welcome home, fellow frogs... ;) Those of us here are doing the happy dance....see.... ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jaFxV4qC1p...collection.jpg

:coolsmiley: :clap2: :mademyday:

natickdan 04-14-2011 08:53 PM

A very big congrats!

wendyquat 04-14-2011 09:59 PM

Just to let you apparent "city slickers" know, NO there isn't a Goodwill or Salvation Army "everywhere", but we did find a SAFE house thrift shop here in this little old town to donate mega bags of clothing to!! My husband mistakenly took a garbage bag of cast off panty hose, old panties and bras to the thrift shop for me this morning. When I came across the identical bag of suitable clothing, I (red faced) rushed it to the thrift shop and apologized for sending my "unmentionables" and offered to pick up the bag meant for the garbage off their hands and take it to our dumpster but the volunteer on duty would not give me the bag of underwear and said they could use that too!!

Closing on our home here tomorrow and heading to TV to become FROGS!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Crispers soon!:MOJE_whot:

laryb 04-14-2011 10:29 PM

whew!!!!

Thanks everyone! We close tomorrow morning at 10am, after a nine am walk through. Got done emptying the place out at 8 this evening after days of nonstop work. My wife blew out her knee, and I pulled my back. We definitely do not want to go through this again. It was the most stressful ordeal I ever been through. I've heard that villagers move an average of 2.something times, well, I intend to lower that average. Every point of the process had a deadline. They make an offer and we accept, then they have X amount of days to schedule an inspection. Then they have 10 days from the inspection to pull there offer. Once that passed, they had until April 1st to secure financing. April 1st comes and everything is a go! Well not quite. Last Thursday it looks like the government might close down, and they have their financing through FHA. We're watching the news constantly, and finally they come to an agreement to keep it running, YAHOO!!! We will be Staying with my sister-in-law until May 15th, and be leaving for TV then. The first thing we do when we get there is Pasta Bolognese at Red Sauce:icon_hungry:, and then go golf cart shopping:gc:. After that, it's to the pool and then a little unpacking. And you know what? Even after all the drama and stress, being a frog makes it all worth it!!:MOJE_whot::D:thumbup::clap2::coolsmiley::cool smiley::pepper2: