Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Dogs/Dog Parks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/dogs-dog-parks-37319/)

BobJr 03-28-2011 06:44 PM

Dogs/Dog Parks

What is the rule on how many dogs you can own in the Villages?And what is proper at the dog parks?

Debfrommaine 03-28-2011 07:28 PM

I believe two per household.......there is a wonderful dog park just outside The Villages, Doggie Do Run Run.....best $3 per day or $25 unlimited use per month. Tried the new dog park at Bonita, too small for all the dogs that go - but better than nothing I suppose. Doggie Do Run Run is huge and lots of space for the critters to run around, play ball or relax under a tree. Tried the park around Spanish Springs - not bad but lots of dirt and can be messy - good space though and free, as is Bonita. Hope this helps.:doggie:

redwitch 03-28-2011 07:40 PM

You can bring in more than two dogs but once a dog is gone, it cannot be replaced until you get down to the 2-dog limit.

There is also a doggie park between Springdale and Mulberry Grove (behind the Springdale pool) that is really nice.

tony 03-28-2011 07:48 PM

Some people would suggest you leave any spare dogs with The Great Fumar.

katezbox 03-28-2011 08:26 PM

But they would be meanies.... or maybe even poopieheads!

Barefoot 03-28-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 341701)
You can bring in more than two dogs but once a dog is gone, it cannot be replaced until you get down to the 2-dog e.

We were told when we purchased that we are allowed two pets per household, and that is what the covenant says. I'm not sure where the "you can bring in more than two dogs" comes from. Some families have multiple cats but they're "invisible" and don't bother anyone.

As Deb From Maine said, the private dog park on CR 101 is huge and fabulous .. My two dogs love going there every day!

K9-Lovers 03-28-2011 10:27 PM

Several people have said that they were told by sales reps of TV that more than two dogs could initially be brought when purchasing a home, but as they pass away, could not be replaced, so that you would be left with a maximum of two dogs.

redwitch 03-28-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 341731)
Several people have said that they were told by sales reps of TV that more than two dogs could initially be brought when purchasing a home, but as they pass away, could not be replaced, so that you would be left with a maximum of two dogs.

That's what I was told.

katezbox 03-29-2011 09:41 AM

I believe our covenant states that you can move in with more pets, but can't add to your furry family unless you have less than two pets.

Halle 03-29-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 341727)
We were told when we purchased that we are allowed two pets per household, and that is what the covenant says. I'm not sure where the "you can bring in more than two dogs" comes from. Some families have multiple cats but they're "invisible" and don't bother anyone.

Our covenant also states two pets per household. I have never heard or read anything from an official source that is different from that. I have read several post on TOTV about bringing more than two pets but have not been able to verify that.

Bogie Shooter 03-29-2011 10:55 AM

When was the last time someone in an official capacity knocked on your door and asked how many dogs you have? This is all common sense, if someone has 15 dogs at their house there will be trouble....don't you think?

Barefoot 03-29-2011 11:49 PM

Violations of covenants are "complaint-driven". In other words, you could have more than two domestic pets, as long as your neighbours don't complain.

skyguy79 03-30-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 342052)
Violations of covenants are "complaint-driven". In other words, you could have more than two domestic pets, as long as your neighbours don't complain.

IMHO there's a very good reason that it's complaint-driven, especially in the case of dogs. That being that the restriction is not intended to prevent a new responsible owner from moving in with a third, possibly fourth dog, but rather to have the legal capaicity to take action when reason has been exceeded.

For instance: to prevent a breeding servce, to prevent an excessive number of pets that your property virtually becomes a private kennel, and to prevent excessive noise that comes naturally with larger numbers of dogs!

Also, IMHO the restriction is NOT for the rare neighbor who has no substantial reason to complain other than there are words on a peice of paper that they can make an issue of, and that they get some strange enjoyment out of bringing heart-break into the lives of others that are doing little more than acting reasonably and responsibly.

Boy, I can just see it now... neighbor finds technical issue... neighbor calls the pet police... pet police sends out the SPAT (Special Pet And Tacticle) Unit... SPAT breaks in pet owners front door... SPAT takes out of of the three gerbils in mini restraints! :22yikes:

tommy steam 01-06-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobJr (Post 341687)
What is the rule on how many dogs you can own in the Villages?And what is proper at the dog parks?

Two

tommy steam 01-06-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 341727)

As Deb From Maine said, the private dog park on CR 101 is huge and fabulous .. My two dogs love going there every day!

I think sometimes people hear others say you can have more than two dogs. If anyone really wants to know ,ask one of the sales people, I'm sure they have most of the answers to questions.