Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Town Squares seem very busy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/town-squares-seem-very-busy-37355/)

LB 03-30-2011 06:48 AM

Town Squares seem very busy

Hello All, We have been frequent visitors to The Villages for almost Four years and are hopeful to live there when we can finally retire. Have been watching the web cams usually at least 2-3 times per day(sounds like an addiction). It seems to us that during the season that crowds in the squares has about doubled. Is our perception correct? Possibly Brownwood cannot come soon enough. Regards LB

josephine71 03-30-2011 07:54 AM

It does get very crowed during the winter months when the snow birds come down to get away from the cold..But the months that they leave it is nice you are able to get into the Rest.and go to the pool and so on...And the traffic is much better also...Yes I think having another town might help.....

784caroline 03-30-2011 08:51 AM

LSL was crowded last night and the vendors appeared to be doing a booming business. NOt only the square but the local resturants and shops at LSL seemed very busy! It was a beeutiful night to be out! Remember for many this will be the last week to enjoy TV before they start heading north!!

JohnN 03-30-2011 09:07 AM

it gets pretty crowded during the high season, that's a fact.

graciegirl 03-30-2011 09:32 AM

Publix has been very crowded at 466A

This season I was amazed at how crowded and busy the Publix has been at Colony Plaza on 466A. I know that it is because of the 200 or more new homes that have been sold monthly recently, and of course they are close to this store.

I wonder what plans there will be to have another Publix to take care of the shoppers that will be living south of 466A. I know a Sweetbay is to be built near the new Library on 466A.

We will see.

Interesting to see it all happen, but now I have to be patient at Publix and watch where I am going.:(

golf2140 03-30-2011 10:46 AM

Besides all of the snowbirds, renters, it's also spring break time, many visitors.

billethkid 03-30-2011 11:01 AM

keep in mind that there are 200-400 new homes per month

being sold/moved into that = somewhere between 2400 and 4800 new residences per year and at 2 per that could be 5-10,000 new people per year!!!

btk

Barefoot 03-30-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB (Post 342063)
Hello All, We have been frequent visitors to The Villages for almost Four years and are hopeful to live there when we can finally retire. Have been watching the web cams usually at least 2-3 times per day(sounds like an addiction). It seems to us that during the season that crowds in the squares has about doubled. Is our perception correct? Possibly Brownwood cannot come soon enough. Regards LB

It depends on the weather, the band, and whether it is Vendor night. And most importantly, the time of the year. Currently there are tons of renters and visitors, and a lot of seasonal residents haven't yet left for the north. Also, Billiethkid's post about new residents is very valid. I've noticed that the demographic of the Squares seems very, very young. (That's not a complaint, I don't mind at all). There are many children, teenagers and young adults. I guess the excitement attracts visitors and people from the surrounding areas.

And of course newbies are getting younger and younger. Oh no, it's me, I'm just getting older and older. :mornincoffee:

starflyte1 03-30-2011 12:48 PM

We thought that Rockie and the Rollers were going to be at LSL last night, so we made our first visit there. Had dinner at Red Sauce, but no Rockie and the Rollers at the square. Parking was a challenge with the car.

KathieI 03-30-2011 12:54 PM

I think spring breaks had a lot to do with the kids in the square and it seems that spring break is endless... depending on where you live, it ranges apparently from early March through to the end of March.

In my almost 3 years of living here (full time), I personally have never encountered so many crowds all over TV. The roads are jammed, restaurants, squares, even the Wellness Center. Forget trying to park at the squares, that's why I go out after 9pm, parking is much easier.

JohnM 03-30-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 342169)
We thought that Rockie and the Rollers were going to be at LSL last night, so we made our first visit there. Had dinner at Red Sauce, but no Rockie and the Rollers at the square. Parking was a challenge with the car.

I heard from one of the venders last night that Rocky & the Rollers will NOT be appearing on any market night at lease for a while ... TOO many people ... people double parked ... golf cart/person accident last month ... FWIW

JohnM

chuckinca 03-30-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 342179)
I heard from one of the venders last night that Rocky & the Rollers will NOT be appearing on any market night at lease for a while ... TOO many people ... people double parked ... golf cart/person accident last month ... FWIW

JohnM

They are scheduled on Friday 4/15 with a car show that probably brings more people than market night.

josephine71 03-30-2011 03:52 PM

I like your true friend saying so true....I am from Brooklyn where friends are forever.....

ndominesey 03-30-2011 04:18 PM

we visit often and obsessed ? I THINK SO!
can't wait to move. I have been going over the real este adds for 2 years.
One thing for sure....we will know the mkt. and get the perfect house for us the first time out.

Pturner 03-30-2011 04:43 PM

Spring break schedule varies

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 342173)
I think spring breaks had a lot to do with the kids in the square and it seems that spring break is endless... depending on where you live, it ranges apparently from early March through to the end of March.

In my almost 3 years of living here (full time), I personally have never encountered so many crowds all over TV. The roads are jammed, restaurants, squares, even the Wellness Center. Forget trying to park at the squares, that's why I go out after 9pm, parking is much easier.

Good thing. Can you imagine the squares and traffic into and throughout much of Florida if Spring Break were the same week for all high schools and colleges across America. :22yikes: