Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Restrictions in Buttonwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/restrictions-buttonwood-37416/)

Minnesotalyn 03-31-2011 02:14 PM

Restrictions in Buttonwood

Just reading over our restrictions and I noticed we can't wash our car in our driveway, where's the closest automated car wash, also if I want to plant 1 bush or tree I have to get it approved? They say no ornaments in yards but does not specify, can I put out flower pots.

BogeyBoy 03-31-2011 02:32 PM

Each home has a unit and lot number, could you tell me what unit number you are in? I just checked some Buttonwood restrictions at random and didn't see the car washing mentioned.

The lawn ornament restriction has changed over the years, again not sure of the most recent restrictions.

Most things do have to go to the Architectural Review Committee, landscaping, room additions, bird cages, etc.

Every time I look at those Declaration of Restrictions I get a chuckle from the one about pets. Restricted to 2 pets per household, and they include fish! We have a dog, and at one time we had a fish tank with about 15 fish. I still remember the day that the deed restriction team knocked on the door armed with tiny little fishing poles.

Bogie Shooter 03-31-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn (Post 342696)
Just reading over our restrictions and I noticed we can't wash our car in our driveway, where's the closest automated car wash, also if I want to plant 1 bush or tree I have to get it approved? They say no ornaments in yards but does not specify, can I put out flower pots.

I think the no car wash is a carry-over from very early covenants....kinda like notifying Mr Swartz when you go on vacation.
No ornaments is just that, including pink flamingos.
Put out all the flower pots that you want.
I have had two homes in TV and never got authorization for landscaping, but did get permission to put in an arbor.
Common sense rules and if that don't work some neighbor will tip off community watch.
Welcome!

BogeyBoy 03-31-2011 02:55 PM

Another thought about car washing -

Mine does state that you cannot use the irrigation was for washing your car.

swrinfla 03-31-2011 03:35 PM

Car washing "restrictions" are more because of "green" concerns than anything else!

I see plenty of folks washing their car and their golf cart in the driveway; no known police action because of it! :shocked:

Of course, in the interests of honesty, I must admit that my car doesn't ever get a bath at home!

SWR
:beer3:

villages07 03-31-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyBoy (Post 342716)
Another thought about car washing -

Mine does state that you cannot use the irrigation was for washing your car.

I agree with BogeyBoy...the only mention in the covenants about car washing says you cannot use irrigation water. Other than that you can use the potable water out of the faucets to wash your vehicles.

If we have another drought situation (saying this sounds silly after 7+ inches of rain this week), the Water Company might impose restrictions on car washing.

Flower pots are probably OK, but, more subject to interpretation as a "lawn ornament" than a pink flamingo. Just don't overdo it. All within reason.

To plant a few small trees/bushes in your landscape beds ... probably doesn't require approval. A major landscape plan, including planting near utility boxes or side/rear boundary lines.... you're better off submitting it ahead of time for approval lest a neighbor complain.

Common sense generally prevails....

jflynn1 03-31-2011 06:40 PM

Car washing in Driveway

Didn't you read your deed restrictions before you bought the house?. I bet you sigend a form that said you did.
Welcome to The Villages.