Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Baseball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/)
-   -   Cincinnati Reds Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/cincinnati-reds-talk-37439/)

kyblue 04-01-2011 07:21 AM

Cincinnati Reds Talk

This is for all the Cincinnati Reds fans who never get tired of Marty Brennaman at the end of a winning game. Go to the below link - you will love it!!!!

http://twaud.io/qPLq

kb8tpw 04-01-2011 04:59 PM

Darn u, now I'm homesick..... what I really mean is now I know where to go this summer when it gets hot here....

tpop1 05-24-2011 04:27 PM

Photo show

Here is a link to a Youtube photo show I put together of the Reds last game in Sarasota a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tpop1nun.../1/4xEvA66fH4w

Ohiogirl 05-24-2011 06:01 PM

Just saw them live.

Last Saturday at Progressive Field. Sad day for Reds' fans. Sad weekend for Reds' fans. Ohioboy, however, is an Indians fan, so he was fine.

However, there is always the next series (or perhaps the one after). Love those Reds, though.

kb8tpw 05-24-2011 06:47 PM

Since this thread has been rejuvenated I can report that I followed thru on my threat above and have first base box seat tickets for the Jul 24th game, with my wife who dispises baseball, and my daughter and her husband. A pre and post Gold Star should top the day.

SALYBOW 05-24-2011 08:00 PM

Ok, so where do you watch Reds games? We are fans.

Ohiogirl 05-25-2011 09:12 AM

MLB Baseball package

Probably you could watch them at a Beef O'Brady's, but have not checked. Call and ask if they have MLB package and also Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati), or just make sure they can show Reds games. I think if they have the MLB package they can get most teams, although there are some blackouts, I think.

We got Directv last fall, with an added Sports package (12.99/mo - I think - after the initial few months at 5.99 or something like that). Our Sports package has STO (Sports Time Ohio) for the Indians and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO) for the Reds.

We thought that would do it, because in Ohio we have those channels and don't have to get the MLB package.

Well, they block the games out in Florida (except for the teaser first 10 days of the season), have to purchase the MLB package. There are also some other things on the Sports package, and interestingly enough, we get the pre and post game stuff on STO for the Indians, but not on FSO. No idea why.

Since we are still snowbirds we didn't get MLB but if we end up spending most of the summers in Florida, we will. It's not nearly as much as the NFL Ticket.

sulley007 05-26-2011 09:02 AM

Their stock just went down after last night. They had it won in the 10th and gave up a home run!

2BNTV 05-26-2011 10:59 AM

What a tough loss. A six hour marathon that lasted 19 innings!!!!

schotzyb 05-26-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohiogirl (Post 357183)
Probably you could watch them at a Beef O'Brady's, but have not checked. Call and ask if they have MLB package and also Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati), or just make sure they can show Reds . I think if they have the MLB package they can get most teams, although there are some blackouts, I think.

We got Directv last fall, with an added Sports package (12.99/mo - I think - after the initial few months at 5.99 or something like that). Our Sports package has STO (Sports Time Ohio) for the Indians and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO) for the Reds.

We thought that would do it, because in Ohio we have those channels and don't have to get the MLB package.

Well, they block the games out in Florida (except for the teaser first 10 days of the season), have to purchase the MLB package. There are also some other things on the Sports package, and interestingly enough, we get the pre and post game stuff on STO for the Indians, but not on FSO. No idea why.

Since we are still snowbirds we didn't get MLB but if we end up spending most of the summers in Florida, we will. It's not nearly as much as the NFL Ticket.

Have you thought about just adding FoxSpFla which is channel 654 and Sun which is 653. Sun carries the American league games(Rays) and FxFl carries the National League games (Marlins)/

Ohiogirl 05-26-2011 11:13 AM

We get those stations but it's not enough for Ohioboy. For him, just getting the STO pre and post game, and all the other sports talk shows, etc., and Ohio High School football stuff in the fall, is worth the 12.99/mo fee.

schotzyb 05-26-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohiogirl (Post 357447)
We get those stations but it's not enough for Ohioboy. For him, just getting the STO pre and post game, and all the other sports talk shows, etc., and Ohio High School football stuff in the fall, is worth the 12.99/mo fee.

Channel 654 should carry the Reds games vs Marlins and channel 653 should carry the Indians games vs Rays and your Ohio sports channels should televise the rest, correct?

graciegirl 05-26-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schotzyb (Post 357449)
Channel 654 should carry the Reds games vs Marlins and channel 653 should carry the Indians games vs Rays and your Ohio sports channels should televise the rest, correct?

I wondered about your screen name. Did you borrow it from Marge's dog?

schotzyb 05-26-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 357455)
I wondered about your screen name. Did you borrow it from Marge's dog?

No,I got it from my next door neighbor's German Shepard dog while still living in North Carolina.The dog's name was schotzy and I added the"b"

kyblue 05-26-2011 04:04 PM

We buy the MLB internet feed radio broadcast of all baseball team games. It is $19.99 to listen to any team - but - we just listen to the Reds. There is just something about listening to Marty - and love listening to The Cowboy.
Go to MLB.com - and you can purchase the radio feed.

We love it.