Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf Rationing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-rationing-37447/)

bluedog103 04-01-2011 10:07 AM

Golf Rationing

After a season of many complaints about difficulty of making tee times, crowded courses and slow play, TV has decided to implement a golf rationing system.
Your assigned day will coincide with the last number of your Villages I.D. number. Odd numbers play on odd days, even numbers play on even days. Just like the gas rationing of the 1970s.
This should take much pressure off the courses and allow tempers to cool.

Bill-n-Brillo 04-01-2011 10:09 AM

Castin' that line out there............see who bites........... :clap2:

Bill

CTgolfer 04-01-2011 10:11 AM

I assume you are referring to executive courses only. Where did you get this info? If it is accurate, I would find it difficult for them to administer considering there are many ladies' and mens' that request tee times and the players will have both odd and even number ID's.

livsea2 04-01-2011 10:11 AM

Yes I heard the same thing I think it's a great idea. Better tee times, less often, great compromise.

ajbrown 04-01-2011 10:16 AM

My neighbor was talking about this. In addition he mentioned that any group that did not play in the allotted time would be banned from making tee times for a bit. He was not sure but he thought first offense was a week, second two weeks, etc.

This banning would happen EVEN if it was not your fault, imagine being banned because of some snow bird who simply did not care he was holding you up!!

RichieLion 04-01-2011 10:18 AM

How can that work? All neighborhood scrambles would be thrown into chaos. We all would have to finds friends with like numbers? Maybe I'll have to play with your wife and you play with mine? (don't get excited).

If it's just the person making the reservation who's number matters, It makes the reasoning for such a change moot.

Can't work.

graciegirl 04-01-2011 10:19 AM

Is this for real??

You pullin' on my leg??

graciegirl 04-01-2011 10:23 AM

oh...oh....oh...OH OH.
You got us.

Look at the calendar everyone....!

Whew.

fannin' myself.

JohnFromMaine 04-01-2011 10:24 AM

LOL ... me thinks this is April 1st.
:1rotfl:
:BigApplause:

bluedog103 04-01-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 343040)
oh...oh....oh...OH OH.
You got us.

Look at the calendar everyone....!

Whew.

fannin' myself.

I was a little bored watching the rain the last couple of days and came up with a way to make folks chuckle. I hope they're chuckling anyway.
Bluedog

aljetmet 04-01-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 343023)
After a season of many complaints about difficulty of making tee times, crowded courses and slow play, TV has decided to implement a golf rationing system.
Your assigned day will coincide with the last number of your Villages I.D. number. Odd numbers play on odd days, even numbers play on even days. Just like the gas rationing of the 1970s.
This should take much pressure off the courses and allow tempers to cool.

and did you hear? Rex was fired 'cause they found his foot in his mouth:1rotfl:

RichieLion 04-01-2011 10:35 AM

:mademyday::1rotfl:

Dynasty 04-01-2011 04:52 PM

Are you sure it was even and odd days? I thought it was even and odd holes.

skyguy79 04-01-2011 06:20 PM

THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!!! Some of us took it seriously and felt very concerned that an outrageous injustice was being put on the good residence of TV. And now that I know it was only a April Fools joke I feel like I've been made a fool of, don't at all like it and quite frankly I'm fit to be tied by it! DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/w...Angry-icon.jpg

Bill-n-Brillo 04-01-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 343026)
Castin' that line out there............see who bites........... :clap2:

Bill

Sure got a lot of takers, didn't you bluedog??!! :thumbup:

Bill