Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   McDonald's in Colony Plaza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mcdonalds-colony-plaza-37484/)

spk7951 04-02-2011 04:42 PM

McDonald's in Colony Plaza

So early this Saturday am, about 7:15, I decided to head over to McDonald's in Colony Plaza for a cup of coffee. When I got there maybe 10 people were in the parking lot talking and told me to forget about trying to get into the restaurant. Turns out the morning manager did not show for work and someone finally got hold of another manager who did get to the restaurant soon around 7am but it was going to take another hour or so before they would be ready to open for the day.

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-ship and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???

Bogie Shooter 04-02-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spk7951 (Post 343447)
So early this Saturday am, about 7:15, I decided to head over to McDonald's in Colony Plaza for a cup of coffee. When I got there maybe 10 people were in the parking lot talking and told me to forget about trying to get into the restaurant. Turns out the morning manager did not show for work and someone finally got hold of another manager who did get to the restaurant soon around 7am but it was going to take another hour or so before they would be ready to open for the day.

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-go and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???

Overreacting, the manager overslept.

LittleDog 04-02-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spk7951 (Post 343447)

Makes me wonder what is the problem with Colony between the gas station, the loss of the pack-n-go and now McDonald's or am I overreacting???

What happened to Pack and Ship!

John

kb8tpw 04-02-2011 06:19 PM

Pack and ship closed down - something I will miss resulting in having to go north. I have remarked that the McDonald's in Colony is not one I would patronize if it weren't so much closer than 466. Horrible service and the floor is always s mess not to mention the condiments area.

Remaining establishments in Colony are top notch, especially Peachwave.

golfnut 04-02-2011 08:11 PM

yes you are overreacting.....gn

skyguy79 04-02-2011 08:28 PM

During our short time in TV we got food from the McDonalds. We didn't go inside but got food, including breakfasts, several times from the drive thru window|http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1..._by_CYCLER.gif|and were 100% satisfied.

Lucko 04-03-2011 12:05 AM

McDonalds

Colony McDonalds is way better than it was a year or two ago, and seems to serve safe food -- Who made the mess on the customer side ??? -- Most busy restaurants have messy floors in the work area during rush, so please don't eat off the floor -- Been there, done that and rate Colony above most of the fast food in the area -- Lucko

LittleDog 04-03-2011 07:29 AM

The reason I asked about Pack & Ship was because about a year ago I returned a Kindle to Amazon because it was defective. My wife took it to P&S to return it to Amazon. However Amazon never received it nor did UPS have any record of the shipment. Therefore I have to surmise that someone at P&S took it. My wife didn't get a receipt because we had a return label issued by Amazon for the item to be returned. A word of warning - if you're going to ship an item be sure you get some kind of a receipt. Fortunately for us Amazon CS believed our story and we weren't charged for the non-returned Kindle.

John

joeyd 04-03-2011 07:37 AM

I too went to Mickey D's on Saturday morning at 7:15. On the way while driving down Buena Vista, a lady tailgated me like you woudn't believe, Guess who? Your'e right. It was the manager that had overslept.

Bogie Shooter 04-03-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrheydt (Post 343561)
The reason I asked about Pack & Ship was because about a year ago I returned a Kindle to Amazon because it was defective. My wife took it to P&S to return it to Amazon. However Amazon never received it nor did UPS have any record of the shipment. Therefore I have to surmise that someone at P&S took it. My wife didn't get a receipt because we had a return label issued by Amazon for the item to be returned. A word of warning - if you're going to ship an item be sure you get some kind of a receipt. Fortunately for us Amazon CS believed our story and we weren't charged for the non-returned Kindle.

John

The rates at P&S are very high when compared with carrier rates for shipping. I tried them once and the shipping rate was nearly $10 more the USPS.

JenAjd 04-03-2011 09:40 AM

Being in Colony doesn't have anything to do with one another...McD's, P&S and gas station. I'd say it's all individual issues. McD's in my opinion must be a "gold mine" as it's ALWAYS busy!! The store is way too small for the volumn of business in there. At least in the order area. Could use some enlarging in my opinion. Sometimes the wait-staff seems a bit slow but I've generally been satisfied there.

P&S...as someone pointed out is a bit pricey and we've generally made the drive to the USPS over in Fruitland Park or Lady Lake.

Gas station...historically has been having issues. We stopped in there when it was barely open and had some things going wrong already. Coffee/latte machines weren't working back then. I remember something wonky with the restrooms and when I mentioned all this to the clerk, she said it was management and she was quitting.

I think alot of times when businesses aren't flourishing in certain areas of expertise...it's a management issue. McD's should do alright. Have you ever heard of one going "under"???

BogeyBoy 04-03-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 343586)
The rates at P&S are very high when compared with carrier rates for shipping. I tried them once and the shipping rate was nearly $10 more the USPS.

I used P&S only once because I ran into the same situation. When I called to challenge the rate (thinking they had somehow made a mistake) they were very short with me and basically said "tough, those are our rates". Last time I was ever in there.

cybrgeezer 04-03-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenAjd (Post 343601)
McD's should do alright. Have you ever heard of one going "under"???

Actually yes, and when I saw the first one to do so, I was surprised. But over the years I have seen a couple. I doubt this is an issue only here in Jacksonville.

nkrifats 04-03-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybrgeezer (Post 343636)
Actually yes, and when I saw the first one to do so, I was surprised. But over the years I have seen a couple. I doubt this is an issue only here in Jacksonville.

Had one here in North Kingstown, no longer have one in North Kingstown. Thought we were the only one. Guess we wasn't/

Bogie Shooter 04-03-2011 12:40 PM

Let me see if I got this straight. The McDonalds mgr was late for work and now this location is going to close.:censored: