Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Looking for a good dentist office (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/looking-good-dentist-office-37527/)

YodaMom 04-04-2011 08:46 AM

Looking for a good dentist office

We've been here for six months and it is time to find a good dentist. Can anyone recommend a professional office that is caring with reasonable prices? They have many advertised in the paper but it is hard to know which ones are the best ones. Also, if anyone has a good assistant that does the cleaning, that would be helpful too.

Thanks everyone.

texasfal 04-04-2011 09:41 AM

Dr. Castro. Baylee Plaza on 441. He's great and the office staff is so nice and professional.

JenAjd 04-04-2011 09:47 AM

Adam Still....Laural Manor Dentistry.

Not sure that "good prices" applies with these folks. I'd be cautious perhaps with ones that advertise "lower prices"!!! Just saying....

BeeGee 04-04-2011 01:25 PM

A Peiodontist would know

all the good dentists. He sees the problems that the general dentists are trying to maintain in house, until it gets beyond their ability, i.e., gum disease, gingivitis and periodontitis - I've worked for dentists (as assistant and office manager) throughout my adult life and before i retired, worked for a periodontist for several years and it was an eye-opening experience. We would get referrals from General Dentists - who were planning a $$$$ treatment plan $$$$ - but the patient's periodontal health wouldn't maintain - you can't or shouldn't put pretty veneers on teeth that won't be there in a few years, due to gum disease, etc. no matter how pretty they are. I have found also that the hygienists that have worked for and have been trained by a periodontist are more thorough when cleaning. Sorry for the long-windedness, but when we move to TV (soon, I hope) we'll be seeking a periodontist - probably will get our periodic "cleanings" in his office, but have a general for any other needs. JMHO - B

Mikitv 04-04-2011 01:36 PM

We've been to Dr. Lesch three times now. Southern Dental near Crisper's on 466 and he is golf cart accessible. Found him reasonable so far.

katezbox 04-04-2011 01:47 PM

Dr Kelly McKnight - Buena Vista dental at Laurel Manor - professional, thorough, friendly, did not recommend a dozen crowns (just the one that my Conn dentist told me was just a matter of time 2 years earlier)

juneroses 04-04-2011 02:33 PM

I also recommend Dr. Kelly McKnight who's been my dentist for six+ years. When I've needed a crown (broken tooth) she's examined it to confirm and then provided an estimate. There was no pressure to schedule the work; I was advised to call when/if I wanted to proceed.

Her office is on Laurel Manor Drive.

K9-Lovers 04-04-2011 03:34 PM

Dr. Kathleen Williams of Palm Ridge Dental came highly recommended on TOTV when I was searching. We have used her for fillings and crowns. We highly recommend her.

352-391-9930

pjolson 04-04-2011 05:38 PM

:D
Dr. Kelly McKnight at Buena Vista Dental has been our dentist for two years. Very professional - No pressure to have work done. We've been very pleased with her.

nitakk 04-04-2011 06:04 PM

Dr Barnett is also in the same office with Dr McKnight at Buena Vista Dental in Laurel Manor. He came highly recommended by our periodontist and we have had nothing but good experiences with him. I think you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Xavier 04-04-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 343996)
Dr. Kathleen Williams of Palm Ridge Dental came highly recommended on TOTV when I was searching. We have used her for fillings and crowns. We highly recommend her.

352-391-9930

I'll second Palm Ridge Dental. My wife and I both go there and find them to be gentle and reasonably priced. Truly a professional office. Just a totally excellent experience. Reem Jaber is our dentist. (352) 391-9930 is the phone number. They have hours Monday through Thursday.

Xavier

YodaMom 04-06-2011 05:57 PM

Dentist

Nitakk,

Who is your periodontist? I have the name of one in Wildwood, I have not seen him yet but heard he is very good. I have periodontal disease which means I'll need to see one as well.

gego3650 04-14-2011 11:17 AM

Mulberry Dental

Located in the Publix shopping center om 42. I have been using them for 9 years and they are top. Good Doctor, good techs, and just nice people well qualified. 753-0784 Try them , you will be pleased with the result.

golfball 04-14-2011 01:28 PM

Mulberry Dental

I agree.. I have been going to Dr. Ruzinsky at Mulberry for 3 years and have been very satisfied with their services.
GB

gego3650 04-24-2011 09:12 AM

I just quit Mulberry and will change to Dr. Lesh. I find Ruzinsky to be an Ahole.