Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New medical complex on 466A? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-medical-complex-466a-37632/)

champion6 04-07-2011 06:14 PM

New medical complex on 466A?

A friend scouted out along 466A for us. We are interested because we have reserved a lot on the south side of Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove. Our lanai will face the large pasture that is there now.

On the north side of the 466A, between Buena Vista and the new Sumter County complex, is a sign that says "St. Luke Medical Complex." Has anyone heard anything about this?

Russ_Boston 04-07-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 344947)
A friend scouted out along 466A for us. We are interested because we have reserved a lot on the south side of Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove. Our lanai will face the large pasture that is there now.

On the north side of the 466A, between Buena Vista and the new Sumter County complex, is a sign that says "St. Luke Medical Complex." Has anyone heard anything about this?

I saw that sign many months ago (maybe almost a year?). Anyone?

villages3412 04-07-2011 08:05 PM

Medical complex

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16878...d-Wildwood-FL/

The area has Two properties near the area with your sign.

One property is listed on the internet at the web site listed above

Note: For Sale: 500 Apartments: This apartment site is zoned and entitled for 500 units. The developer is selling it pad ready with sewer and water to the site, and parking lot improvements completd.

St. Luke's Medical Town Center located on 466A and Lake Buena Vista Blvd..

champion6 04-07-2011 10:00 PM

Thanks for the link, villages3412.

It appears to me that the only thing going on so far is that the owner has decided to sell the pasture land. It seems a little strange that the seller has already given the area a name, "St. Luke's Medical Town Center Apts."

I'm also relieved because the lot we reserved is not adjacent to that parcel. We are adjacent to the large pasture that is east of the one that is for sale.

villages3412, are you a member of LoopNet with access to view all of their listings?

Pturner 04-08-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 345018)
Thanks for the link, villages3412.

It seems a little strange that the seller has already given the area a name, "St. Luke's Medical Town Center Apts."

Maybe he's selling it to one of his various entities with plans to market it to medical care associates. Having affordable housing for entry and/or mid-level employees is one way to market to and attract higher-end medical professionals.

See also, Villages charter schools

disclaimer: This is total and complete speculation on my part. OR: All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real circumstances, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. :D

graciegirl 04-08-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 345131)
Maybe he's selling it to one of his various entities with plans to market it to medical care associates. Having affordable housing for entry and/or mid-level employees is one way to market to and attract higher-end medical professionals.

See also, Villages charter schools

disclaimer: This is total and complete speculation on my part. OR: All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real circumstances, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. :D

SEE WHAT I MEAN? She is my idol.:MOJE_whot:

She speaks and writes Journalese.:ho::ho:

English Ivy 04-09-2011 06:52 AM

I don't think you can assume that a lot with a beautiful view will always have that same view.

For example I'm sure the homeowners in Bridgeport never considered someday they'd be looking at Edgewater Bungalows (or whatever they're called) rather than the beautiful views they used to have.

Sooner or later something will be built all along 466A.

graciegirl 04-09-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Ivy (Post 345375)
I don't think you can assume that a lot with a beautiful view will always have that same view.

For example I'm sure the homeowners in Bridgeport never considered someday they'd be looking at Edgewater Bungalows (or whatever they're called) rather than the beautiful views they used to have.

I think that those Bungalows are pretty. They are across the pond and don't really intrude on their privacy....nor does Bridgeport intrude on the Bungalows.

But you are so right, and we are all old enough to know that building next to a vacant area is taking a chance. We can only blame ourselves if something is built that we don't like.

English Ivy 04-09-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 345378)
I think that those Bungalows are pretty. They are across the pond and don't really intrude on their privacy....nor does Bridgeport intrude on the Bungalows.

But you are so right, and we are all old enough to know that building next to a vacant area is taking a chance. We can only blame ourselves if something is built that we don't like.

I agree, Gracie. The bungalows are very pretty. But they're not a big open field with a continuing view of the oak trees on Buena Vista and the preserve land beyond.

swimdawg 04-09-2011 08:43 AM

View

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Ivy (Post 345375)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
........and the builder makes it very clear that what may be a beautiful view today may not be so beautiful tomorrow. But......a beautiful sunset overlooking a pond really can't change too much (unless the lake dries up, right?).

zummy 04-09-2011 10:07 AM

present pasture land

Your lani could be looking at the back of a shopping center parking lot . Who knows in commercial property

Dirigo 04-09-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 345018)
I'm also relieved because the lot we reserved is not adjacent to that parcel. We are adjacent to the large pasture that is east of the one that is for sale.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but there is a sign on the property east of the "St Luke's" advertising out parcels for sale also (or at least there was a sign there 10-12 days ago when I drove by there (466A). Not knowing exactly where your parcel is I can't say it backs up to you (I certainly hope not).

I talked to a fellow who bought a house on Hopespring Loop that backs up to the cow pasture because he said it was zoned agricultural and was told by a sales rep that it would be hard to change the zoning...well I'm in the real estate valuation biz and I know that money talks and zoning walks.

Shimpy 04-10-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 345626)
I don't mean to be a wet blanket but there is a sign on the property east of the "St Luke's" advertising out parcels for sale also (or at least there was a sign there 10-12 days ago when I drove by there (466A). Not knowing exactly where your parcel is I can't say it backs up to you (I certainly hope not).

I talked to a fellow who bought a house on Hopespring Loop that backs up to the cow pasture because he said it was zoned agricultural and was told by a sales rep that it would be hard to change the zoning...well I'm in the real estate valuation biz and I know that money talks and zoning walks.

"COMING SOON, SNYDERS 24 TRUCK STOP"........I hope not, but zoning is changed all the time. You never know.

Pturner 04-10-2011 07:54 PM

Hi Champion6,
To be honest, I think that the only thing you can be sure of is that the vacant pasture will not stay undeveloped. If the pasture land was the primary reason you chose your lot, or if the thought of it's uncertain development troubles you, I wonder if you might want to consider exchanging your lot for one with more certain surroundings.

Just a thought. Don't want you to plan your stairway to heaven only to find out it's not as you envisioned.

Now, please go back and enjoy your Zeppelin.