Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Acrylic window cleaning (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/acrylic-window-cleaning-37718/)

irishpeggy 04-10-2011 09:19 PM

Acrylic window cleaning

Need to have the acrylic sliders in the enclosed lania cleaned inside and out -looking for a good recommendation of a window cleaner.....Peggy

The Great Fumar 04-10-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishpeggy (Post 345871)
Need to have the acrylic sliders in the enclosed lania cleaned inside and out -looking for a good recommendation of a window cleaner.....Peggy

Buy INVISABLE GLASS at any hardware store in spray bottle or aerosol can........also works great on your inside car windows (the blue film).....Wife says it the best and she knows everything...............

sparkling fumar

Mikitv 04-11-2011 02:47 PM

I use Invisible glass too and it is really great. I contacted the manufacture about using it on acrylic and they said no. You can try a small spot and see what happens.

MagnaSeal 04-19-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishpeggy (Post 345871)

Use a little dish soap and water to clean Acrylic, spray it on, then whip with a soft cotton cloth or towel.

Do not use Windex or other window cleaners, this will fog the acrylic after many uses.

Jerry

chuckinca 04-19-2011 09:00 AM

We use a product called "Plexi-Clean" Acrylic & Plastic Cleaner.

Probably got it at Wally World, Lowe's or Home Depot.

vberry 04-19-2011 03:37 PM

Acrylic Windows

Plexi-Clean works great. Use a microfiber cloth and not paper towels as they will scratch. We clean our golfcart windows with it as well.

nitakk 04-19-2011 06:15 PM

How about a recommendation of a person, not a product? Anyone had their windows, including acrylic, cleaned by someone they thought did a good job? I'm getting too old and there is way too much to do in TV!!

zcaveman 04-19-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitakk (Post 347996)
How about a recommendation of a person, not a product? Anyone had their windows, including acrylic, cleaned by someone they thought did a good job? I'm getting too old and there is way too much to do in TV!!

I would be interested in that name also. The last time I did the acrylic windows myself, my shoulders ached so bad I could not play golf for a week!

silvertoken 04-20-2011 08:00 PM

Use Murphy's Oil Soap, couple spoon fulls in water. Keeps the windows fresh and won't dry out due to age and weather. Oops sorry, thats for vinyl slider windows.

chuckinca 04-21-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 348040)
I would be interested in that name also. The last time I did the acrylic windows myself, my shoulders ached so bad I could not play golf for a week!

You need to train with Mr Miyagi before cleaning the windows again - wax on, wax off!

zcaveman 05-07-2011 03:57 PM

irishpeggy - I sent you a PM.

zcaveman 05-08-2011 01:33 PM

bump

jrcoder 06-01-2012 04:04 AM

Call Jim @ 352-633-1645. He did a fantastic job cleaning our windows. Our vinyl lanai windows sparkled we he left. I might add, he was very courteous, very professional, and his fee was more than reasonable.