Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   What you are? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/what-you-37736/)

Guest 04-11-2011 03:51 PM

What you are?

Are you a Dem, Repub, Green, Conservative, Lib, Inpendent or what? I look at the candidate, what they say, and then if elected how they vote. Next time around, they either get my vote or I vote for some other foolish jerk who might just do what he/she say they will do.

We have to stop being party members and start voting for those that will honor the Consitutition and do what those that voted them in want them to do, whether they like it or not. I sent you to represent me, not fill your pockets and do as you want.

Time to take back our country and limit the time that pols stay in Washington. Politics is NOT a career its PUBLIC service. You don't get to retire from PUBLIC SERVICE.

Guest 04-11-2011 04:55 PM

I am a conservative who will support Ron Paul. He is the only one that tells the truth about what needs to be done to save this country including no more needless wars like Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, and stopping the FED from destroying this country. I support conservative candidates on any party, and NO MORE RINOS.
JJ

Guest 04-11-2011 10:05 PM

...An American. And I will vote for what ever candidate I feel can do the job...But lately there have been very few that meet that standard.:(
Too much focus on winning, not enough on governing, IMHO!

Guest 04-12-2011 05:36 AM

To those who suggest the Fed is destroying the country and that it either should be abolished or recognized as illegal, I *respectfully* submit the following:

How would you then prevent the boom/bust/panic cycle that preceeded it?

Granted the economy today isn't the greatest, by a long shot, but the Fed *did* intervene and most seem to concur that it would have been a LOT worse without the intervention.

Guest 04-12-2011 07:35 AM

..It would have been a lot less...if the Fed hadn't dictated that lenders had to lend to those unable to repay! And the intervening afterward seems mostly to have added to the already obscene government spending of monies we don't have... Just my opinion!:duck:

Guest 04-12-2011 08:16 AM

FED caused the problem

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 346148)
To those who suggest the Fed is destroying the country and that it either should be abolished or recognized as illegal, I *respectfully* submit the following:

How would you then prevent the boom/bust/panic cycle that preceeded it?

Granted the economy today isn't the greatest, by a long shot, but the Fed *did* intervene and most seem to concur that it would have been a LOT worse without the intervention.

The FED intentionally CAUSES these bubbles that result in the crisis when the air comes out. The FED creates money out of thin air and pumps money into the system to create a fever of false level of economic activity, then when inflation comes they raise interest rates to try to cool off the fever THEY CREATED. This has happened over and over, and the cycle gets bigger and faster each time until it cannot be controlled.
And worst, when bankers and nations believe that it is ok to take more risk than they should because they know the FED Is the safe haven of last resort will always PRINT us out of any mess , they will loan money to home buyers or businesses who cant afford it, and they support a gov that will nationalize the risks and losses, and privatize the gains, and we will just run HUGE deficits using PHONEY money printed by the FED to pay for it.

Do you know who is being hurt the most by the FED?
SAVERS like you and me. They are deliberately trying to hold interest rates low to encourage people to borrow, take RISKS, NOT SAVE, and when it comes due they are trying to create "controllable" inflation which reduces the value of our savings. They are interfering with the free market economy which destroys our savings.
Do you really think that is a GOOD idea?

FIAT money systems ALWAYS fail..
JJ

Guest 04-12-2011 09:39 AM

I would like to see something written that follows each

"intervention" by the current administration, denoting what was intended and the result obtained. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!! Politicians never have enough insight/smarts to care where the money goes/or the results if any.

To say "it" would have been worse without "intervention" can only be an opinion or a party talking point. The first one is entitled to have...the latter is just _ _ ? _ _ (I am feeling polite this AM so fill in the blank).

btk