Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   RJ Gators (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/rj-gators-37795/)

Tom Hannon 04-13-2011 07:56 PM

RJ Gators

My wife and I ate at RJGators this afternoon. On a scale of 1-10 the food was a 10. The service (the waitress) a ZERO. Attitude city. She never came by to see how food was and I could never order another soda. When it was time to leave I had to hunt her down for the check. She stood over us as she waited for the money instead of leaving us alone. I tried to leave a complaint on Gators webpage, but there was no Contact Us menu. If I had to do it again I would have asked for the manager. People like this should not be serving tables. I may call tomorrow and ask for the manager.

K9-Lovers 04-13-2011 08:03 PM

Yes, do. If I were the manager, I would want to know.

philnpat 04-13-2011 08:08 PM

Do it Tom! Most of the time service has been fine there. He would want to know.

JohnN 04-13-2011 08:09 PM

the poor service is legendary, we don't go there now

natickdan 04-13-2011 08:29 PM

If the food was a "10" or even close, then call the manager because the kitchen seems to be excelling while the front end seems to be failing. That's a recipe for failure. It's management's job to fix this or, at least, to be given the opportunity to do so.

golfnut 04-13-2011 08:46 PM

we've had similar experiences, food an 8 or 9, service a 4 or 5....gn

golf2140 04-13-2011 08:54 PM

Remember, we all have bad days. :boom:

Tom Hannon 04-14-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 346609)
Remember, we all have bad days. :boom:

This is true, but being a business owner for 36 years, I always treated my customers well. And yes, there were some customers I did not like personally, but they were the ones paying my bills and I made sure they were treated fairly.

memason 04-14-2011 05:48 AM

Tom... We have had similar experiences (poor service) at various TV locations; both restaurants and retail outlets... We've also experienced GREAT service.

Here's my question(s)....

Did you tip the server?

If yes, how much (%) & why ?

Thanks for sharing....

linandvin 04-14-2011 05:52 AM

I saw someone leave a meager tip with a note explaining why.

LELANDJANE 04-14-2011 06:37 AM

We eat there regularly and the service is usually pretty good. We really like the food. I will say I think they stretch their wait staff when the weather is good and people are eating in and out. We enjoy sitting outside and not being in a hurry while watching the beautiful scenery.

Bogie Shooter 04-14-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hannon (Post 346645)
This is true, but being a business owner for 36 years, I always treated my customers well. And yes, there were some customers I did not like personally, but they were the ones paying my bills and I made sure they were treated fairly.

Having that much experience, you should have known to speak with the manager right away.

Tom Hannon 04-14-2011 07:45 AM

tip

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 346648)
Tom... We have had similar experiences (poor service) at various TV locations; both restaurants and retail outlets... We've also experienced GREAT service.

Here's my question(s)....

Did you tip the server?

If yes, how much (%) & why ?

Thanks for sharing....

The bill came to $41. I had no small change and gave her $45. More a tip than she deserved. Usually, when service is this bad I leave a nickle just to send a message. I always tip well when service is good. I will call and talk to the manager today. I should have done so in person.

skip0358 04-14-2011 08:02 AM

Speaking of tips.

My wife was a Red sauce the other day. Two ladies were sitting at the table next to her. Their bill came and the one lady says to the other oh we don't have to leave a tip that's why we pay an amenity fee. WOW !

ilovetv 04-14-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 346672)
My wife was a Red sauce the other day. Two ladies were sitting at the table next to her. Their bill came and the one lady says to the other oh we don't have to leave a tip that's why we pay an amenity fee. WOW !

That's not a "lady", being so inconsiderate of a person working their tail off to make ends meet.

Do tightwads or no-tippers know that servers do not get regular minimum wage and that it is now a "whopping" $4.23/hour for tipped employees.....as gasoline prices approach $4.00/per gallon?

How a person treats a server tells pretty much everything about one's personal integrity...or total lack of it.

On the original post, it sends a message of "The service is bad at RJGators...don't go there"......when it was only one server who was bad. It's not fair to the other good workers there to have incoming clientele drop off, causing the good workers to lose hours and income. The manager should have been told first.