Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Good time at Havana (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/good-time-havana-37893/)

Tbugs 04-17-2011 07:36 AM

Good time at Havana

Last evening (Saturday) I went to Havana CC for the first time. I had heard from friends that the food was terrible and not to ever go there.

We were seated at a large booth, had a very personable waitress, drinks were very reasonable priced, entrees were reasonable priced - and everything tasted wonderful.

No complaints at all about Havana. I will be returning there.

memason 04-17-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbugs (Post 347401)
Last evening (Saturday) I went to Havana CC for the first time. I had heard from friends that the food was terrible and not to ever go there.

We were seated at a large booth, had a very personable waitress, drinks were very reasonable priced, entrees were reasonable priced - and everything tasted wonderful.

No complaints at all about Havana. I will be returning there.

We were at Havana on Friday evening with a group of approximately 20 people. All were seated together on the patio....service and food was very good.

Havana is definitely on my list of "return to" places.....

Skip2MySue 04-17-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 347406)
We were at Havana on Friday evening with a group of approximately 20 people. All were seated together on the patio....service and food was very good.

Havana is definitely on my list of "return to" places.....

Nice to hear good comments about Havana as the place had been slammed in the past. Possibly new management in place which helped turn things around because that's what's gonna make or break the business. There's a whole lot that goes into overseeing the operation from food prep to service and a weak manager will take any establishment down to it's knees.
Skip 2

2BNTV 04-17-2011 09:46 AM

It is so nice to hear that Havanna is on the upswing as several people have complained about the food and service. It has some dishes that I will be looking forward to trying.

Has anyone tried the "pahella" lately. How was it?

mac9 04-17-2011 11:27 AM

Hey, Memason, Mr. Mac9 and I were there with a group also. Wasn't the entertainment great?! The singers, Goldyrox, will be around here a long time if they keep up that pace! They're going to be there for the next 3 Fridays.

Mudder 04-17-2011 11:35 AM

We have had good food, good service at Havana also, no complaints at all!

champion6 04-17-2011 12:14 PM

Thanks for the updates, everyone. Good to know.

graciegirl 04-17-2011 12:48 PM

Really glad to hear this as it is closest to our house in Hadley.

Does anyone know if management has changed lately? Well, one way or another, it is GOOD news!

disney07 04-17-2011 01:22 PM

We also enjoy dinning & drinks at Havaha and are glad to see the positive postings.:thumbup:

logdog 04-17-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 347474)
Really glad to hear this as it is closest to our house in Hadley.

Does anyone know if management has changed lately? Well, one way or another, it is GOOD news!

Didn't someone post a couple of weeks ago that the food manager and much of his staff went to The Waterfront?

l2ridehd 04-17-2011 02:28 PM

Good to hear. We will give it another try. It is such a great venue and has excellent decor. I hope they have made some positive changes.

Francie 04-17-2011 09:05 PM

Enjoyed lunch at Havana last Wednesday. They have a GREAT menu and the food was just as great! In fact, I think this was the most enjoyable meal of any club I've eaten at TV.

ladylake1 04-18-2011 07:27 AM

We were there Saturday night as well. Despite other comments, we have not had anything but a good experience at Havana. We often take guests there due to the consistency of food and service. We had guests with us on Saturday and they enjoyed the meal and the sunset.

Pookirgirl 04-19-2011 10:26 AM

Don (the former manager) did go to Amelia's at the Waterfront. don't know if anyone followed him. We frequent Havana's...there is a new Chef and he is doing a terrific job! Also... entertainment every night which is quite nice in my opinion.

Mudder 04-19-2011 11:28 AM

We're going to take guests there in the next few days !
Right now am in very cold Massachusetts, home to TV tomorrow....can't wait. I have worn bluejeans, turtleneck and borrowed winter coat the whole week I've been here. Brrrrrrrr.