Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   2012 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/2012-37944/)

Guest 04-18-2011 05:47 PM

Is Trump, Palin, Bachman and other Right Wing Tea Party wanna bees just handing the 2012 Election to the Democrats. With them now going after the GOP possibles, are they now going to to create a 3rd Party. If they do there will be a lot of split voting and will only help the Democrats.

Guest 04-21-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 347726)
Is Trump, Palin, Bachman and other Right Wing Tea Party wanna bees just handing the 2012 Election to the Democrats. With them now going after the GOP possibles, are they now going to to create a 3rd Party. If they do there will be a lot of split voting and will only help the Democrats.

First; Trump is not a Tea Partier.

Second; let's not get ahead of ourselves. The serious candidates are only just now getting their ducks in a row. No serious committed Tea Partier is considering a 3rd Party. The Tea Party is all about bringing the Republican Party back to it's conservative values or we will go after the RINO's who don't get the message and vote them out where we can; as in the last election.

Any one who is suggesting an independent run is not a true Tea Partier and is probably just a bomb thrower who's only purpose is to ruin the chances of the dominant party; knowing they can't win. That would be true whether it's Trump who would hurt Republicans or someone like Nader who hurts Democrats.

If a true Conservative runs as a true Conservative, they will win. Reagan proved that, and it would work again. Obama is Carter on steroids and he will be defeated by sincere Conservative effort. If it was someone even close to Reagan, the election itself wouldn't even be close.

Guest 04-22-2011 09:18 AM

Ho-hum. Very much of the same and boring Fox Network generated pablum.

Guest 04-22-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348701)
Ho-hum. Very much of the same and boring Fox Network generated pablum.

You throw Fox News around like it was a political movement. It indicates to me that you really want only one slant on the news and reject the only TV news outlet that actually reports and comments on news you want to be shielded from.

This fills me with new resolve as it will be easier to defeat progressives when their fans and voters only know the news through filters. You brighten my day continually Bugs.

Guest 04-22-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348710)
You throw Fox News around like it was a political movement. It indicates to me that you really want only one slant on the news and reject the only TV news outlet that actually reports and comments on news you want to be shielded from.

Are you honestly serious? Fox News has one slant, and one slant only,......to the right.

Guest 04-22-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348712)
Are you honestly serious? Fox News has one slant, and one slant only,......to the right.

Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Martin Frost, Al Sharpton, Susan Estrich, Mara Liasson and Kristen Powers are only a few well known liberal pundits who regularly appear on Fox News to debate the issues of the day, and unlike ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN are usually not shouted down by the moderators. That's why Fox News beats all cable news providers combined regularly in the ratings. Probably why liberal pundits flock to Fox, as they'd like to be seen and heard, and that's not going to happen elsewhere. America knows where it gets the real story and it ain't on the stations you're watching.

Guest 04-22-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348725)
Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Martin Frost, Al Sharpton, Susan Estrich, Mara Liasson and Kristen Powers are only a few well known liberal pundits who regularly appear on Fox News to debate the issues of the day, and unlike ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN are usually not shouted down by the moderators. That's why Fox News beats all cable news providers combined regularly in the ratings. Probably why liberal pundits flock to Fox, as they'd like to be seen and heard, and that's not going to happen elsewhere. America knows where it gets the real story and it ain't on the stations you're watching.

Then I shall remain blissfully and happily ignorant.

Guest 04-22-2011 12:05 PM

Really??

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348622)
First; Trump is not a Tea Partier....If a true Conservative runs as a true Conservative, they will win. ...

I agree. Trump is a member of the "Trump Party" and little else. Some of his statements seem compelling...until you think of the effect they would cause. Take his proposal that all Chinese imports be taxed 25%. Without going into a complete analysis of what might result, how about just two questions...
  • Would China show up at the next Fed auction of Treasury debt securities, or might they just send a note saying, "...pay off the bonds we own now as soon as they come due."
  • Maybe a little less seriously, what would people say and do when all the Chinese-made products sold at WalMart went up in price by 25%?
There are lots more things that would result, of course, if Trump was ever able to get his hair-brained plan enacted.

So I think we can write Trump off as a legitimate GOP candidate before he even combs his hair again. Having done business with Trump, I can tell you one thing with almost complete certainty--he will not be spending his own money to finance a Presidential campaign. Trump is an expert at taking risks with other people's money, profiting handsomely if his idea(s) work and walking away with a smile if they don't.

I guess I might also ask the question--aren't the Tea Party members among the most conservative people in the U.S.? They certainly are fiscally conservative, and many say things that would suggest that they are far right on social issues, as well. That being the case, are you serious that you think that Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin would win?

Unless the GOP comes up with a more serious candidate than has been evident so far, the ease with which a conservative groundswell will re-capture the Senate and the White House needs a little more study.

Guest 04-22-2011 12:48 PM

Richie,

You throw the major network news programs around like they were a political movement. That shows you want only one slant on the news that is provided by a network that stated it wanted Obama "to fail". Your words were good, I thought they can be used both ways.

You, my friend, also fill my socially liberal heart with joy as I know that real Americans have the same concerns as I do and that the right-wing extreme faction is going to be laughed out again as they were in 2008 with the McCain - Caribou Barbie ticket.

Great pictures of the dove family at your house. I have a mockingbird nest and family in my bottlebrush tree. Mama bird divebombs me whenever I go around the tree.

Guest 04-22-2011 01:06 PM

Starting to sound like pre 2008 rhetoric...

maybe the "regulars" from those days will come out again.

btk

Guest 04-22-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348744)
I guess I might also ask the question--aren't the Tea Party members among the most conservative people in the U.S.? They certainly are fiscally conservative, and many say things that would suggest that they are far right on social issues, as well. That being the case, are you serious that you think that Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin would win?.

I never mentioned either Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman, but if by some quirk of fate it was one of them who was running against America Destroyer In Chief, Barrack Hussein Obama, how could I not vote for them.

Would you pull the lever for Obama over either of these 2 women VK? Who would come closer to your agenda if that was your choice? Or would you abstain and leave it to fate?

(I don't need comments from Bugs, Dale, Actor, Xavier or you other libs; I know you're voting for Obama no matter what he does, or who he's running against; just as I will vote for anybody who is on the ballot against him)

Guest 04-22-2011 03:51 PM

I just want to see one more line on every candidates office, no matter what political position that says "NONE OF THE ABOVE, START OVER."

Guest 04-22-2011 04:25 PM

Richielion: I totally agree with and support everything you have said. I have reached the point of frustration where I cannot bring myself to watch the leftist stations you cited because they all seem to ignore the realities of life and suffer from some sort of delusional fantasy. I suspect it is why most of the Hollywood types do so well in the Democratic party. I get my news from the WSJ, FOX and the BBC America. I even skip the Daily Sun for the same reason. Perhaps I am allergic to disney dust? According to the Mayan calendar 2012 is the end. I don't believe in such nonsense except the thought of Obama being reelected sends chills down my spine. Jimmy Carter must be citing prayers of thanksgiving every night for Obama's presidency as he just moved down one notch as being the worse ever.

Guest 04-22-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 348788)
I never mentioned either Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman, but if by some quirk of fate it was one of them who was running against America Destroyer In Chief, Barrack Hussein Obama, how could I not vote for them.

Would you pull the lever for Obama over either of these 2 women VK? Who would come closer to your agenda if that was your choice? Or would you abstain and leave it to fate?

(I don't need comments from Bugs, Dale, Actor, Xavier or you other libs; I know you're voting for Obama no matter what he does, or who he's running against; just as I will vote for anybody who is on the ballot against him)

I'm really disappointed that you included me in the list of people you don't want comments from. Don't you care about how I feel? Just kidding, I know you really don't care! The other night on "Real Time with Bill Maher" he stated that the people who thought Sarah Palin was too intellectual would be attracted to Michelle Bachman. I know that you'll be surprised, but :agree:! Now don't get excited, IT'S A JOKE. (With just a little, itsy witsy, tiny weenie bit of fact as a foundation) :1rotfl:

Xavier

Guest 04-22-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

and that the right-wing extreme faction is going to be laughed out again as they were in 2008 with the McCain - Caribou Barbie ticket.
As I recall, the "right wingers" weren't the one's tossed out last November on their ears.

It will be fun to bring up some of these quotes after next years elections.