Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Comcast Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/comcast-question-38077/)

taylor111947 04-23-2011 08:19 AM

Comcast Question

The process for contracting for Comcast service went smoothly, but when I talked to the installation people I ran into a problem. They said they didn't have my address on file (it's a newly built home) and I had to go to the Comcast Office to schedule installation. Has anyone else run into this problem?

GeorgeT 04-23-2011 08:36 AM

Don't even get me started on those morons. They told me that my SS# didn't match my name and I needed to go to the Comcast office so I tried my wife's SS# and the same thing happened. When I went to the office I was told that our SS#'s were fine but now I missed out on the promotions. Comcast has the worst Customer service than any other company I have ever used.

taylor111947 04-23-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeT (Post 348949)
They told me that my SS# didn't match my name and I needed to go to the Comcast office so I tried my wife's SS# and the same thing happened.

Actually, my most recent call with them ended the same way - neither SS# matched. So, I'm off to their local office to get it straightened out. However, during this call, they did say they found my address and installation should be no problem (once I get my account fixed). It will be interesting to see what surprises the next call brings.

skyguy79 04-23-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeT (Post 348949)
Don't even get me started on those morons. They told me that my SS# didn't match my name and I needed to go to the Comcast office so I tried my wife's SS# and the same thing happened. When I went to the office I was told that our SS#'s were fine but now I missed out on the promotions. Comcast has the worst Customer service than any other company I have ever used.

Before yesterday I would have taken you're post (and others) with a grain of salt. But yesterday, after waiting over 20 minutes to speak with a warm breathing body (more than one) and after a futal online chat with someone who's job description apparently doesn't include thinking, I have to say that there is a critical case of "chew gum and walk at the same time" capabilities at Comcast that's in need of an ICU (Intelligence Creation Unit) for their customer service employees! :ohdear:

I should probably be glad that they didn't tell me that I had to make the 1200 mile trip to their office to resolve my billing issue! :MOJE_whot:

dsnrbec 04-23-2011 11:41 AM

When we signed up with them, we were told we would have free HBO for 6 months. After 6 months, our bill went up significantly so I called and told them to cancel the HBO. They replied that if they took HBO off, our bill would go UP $10 per month!!! Go figure -- this is the craziest company I've ever dealt with.