Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/)
-   -   Land of Painted Caves (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/land-painted-caves-38243/)

ladydoc 04-28-2011 06:11 PM

Land of Painted Caves

I waited so anxiously for this book to arrive!:MOJE_whot: I ADORE Jean Auel and have read and reread all of the Earth's Children books so many times. I am so sad to report that this, her final installment in the series, is terrible. I could barely get through it. I kept thinking something is going to happen of interest soon. I mean this is an 800 page book. Finally around page 600 a mildly interesting side incident occurs. But in all, this is not only the worse of this wonderful series, it is one of worse books I have EVER read, and I read alot. As I told my girlfriend who recommends books to be and vice versa, DON'T buy it in hardcover. Wait until you can get it in a yard sale in paperback. If Ms. Auel's intent was to leave us not missing Ayla, she was successful.:(

Taj44 04-28-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydoc (Post 350432)
I waited so anxiously for this book to arrive!:MOJE_whot: I ADORE Jean Auel and have read and reread all of the Earth's Children books so many times. I am so sad to report that this, her final installment in the series, is terrible. I could barely get through it. I kept thinking something is going to happen of interest soon. I mean this is an 800 page book. Finally around page 600 a mildly interesting side incident occurs. But in all, this is not only the worse of this wonderful series, it is one of worse books I have EVER read, and I read alot. As I told my girlfriend who recommends books to be and vice versa, DON'T buy it in hardcover. Wait until you can get it in a yard sale in paperback. If Ms. Auel's intent was to leave us not missing Ayla, she was successful.:(

Oh Darn! I was looking forward to it as well. But I've seen other reviews, and they all say it is pretty boring. Guess I won't be getting this one for my e-reader. Thanks for the book report!

graciegirl 04-29-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taj44 (Post 350465)
Oh Darn! I was looking forward to it as well. But I've seen other reviews, and they all say it is pretty boring. Guess I won't be getting this one for my e-reader. Thanks for the book report!

I agree Taj.

I am a voracious reader but generally not a book keeper. I have Jean Auel's previous three on my shelves and kept them because they are so special and memorable.

Sad to hear this one is not.

Bryan 04-29-2011 05:08 AM

Darn - I loved the earlier books. I had this one "reserved" at the Sumter County Library and was just waiting for a call to come pick it up. Guess I will cancel my reservation - 800 pages of boredom is not my idea of reading pleasure. Too many good books, too little time to read them all.