Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding gown. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/duchess-cambridges-wedding-gown-38256/)

graciegirl 04-29-2011 06:38 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding gown.

Beautiful Kate had the prettiest wedding dress. It was just right for her and simple and elegant and very regal.

I think it was far prettier than Diana's.

THAT was a danged perfect wedding!!

Hope they continue for a long and happy life together. I think they will.

ceejay 04-29-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 350531)
Beautiful Kate had the prettiest wedding dress. It was just right for her and simple and elegant and very regal.

:agree: It is a beautiful dress...simple, yet elegant. I think the comparison to Grace Kelly is spot on.

jblum315 04-29-2011 07:40 AM

Lovely dress, lovely wedding. Much more dignified than Charles' and Diana's, which seemed like a celebrity circus at the time and deteriorated rapidly.

2newyorkers 04-29-2011 08:10 AM

Classical and elegant. She looked lovely.

marybb 04-29-2011 10:24 AM

Up at 4a.m. To watch wedding with my daughter not disappointed at all. Wedding dress was perfect. I hope their happiness lasts a lifetime.

nitakk 04-29-2011 10:39 AM

Unlike Diana's dress which now looks dated and out of style, Kate's dress will still look good 30 years from now because of it's simple elegance. I heard some stylist on NBC say it didn't have a "modern silhouette" and was "too traditional", but that is precisely why it will look good forever. Beautiful wedding!!!

graciegirl 04-29-2011 10:52 AM

Sweetie and I 49 years ago yesterday.

JSR22 04-29-2011 10:57 AM

At 1st glance I thought the bride was Jackie Kennedy. You were a beautiful bride.
Jeanne

jojo 04-29-2011 11:38 AM

Gracie - What a wonderful picture. Congratulations on 49 years.

Pturner 04-29-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 350593)

Beautiful-- like a match made in heaven! :clap2:

HawkeyeBarb 04-29-2011 11:50 AM

Congratulations to you and Sweetie! What a lovely couple you make!! :BigApplause:

Uptown Girl 04-29-2011 12:32 PM

... and it appears you have lived happily ever after! Congratulations and many Blessings on your anniversary! I love stuff like this!

redwitch 04-29-2011 04:03 PM

Beautiful dress, beautiful bride, happy couple. Gracie, you and Sweetie deserve every bit of happiness you have had. May you have many more. (And Kate's dress was very lovely, too.)

Schaumburger 04-29-2011 08:41 PM

Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary!

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 350593)

One more year and you and Sweetie are golden!

Schaumburger 04-29-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 350531)

Kate looked serene and elegant. Her dress will definitely be copied. Couldn't watch all of the coverage this am..had to go to work. Luckily the networks replayed the highlights of the wedding tonight.

I'm 9 months older than Diana...Diana would have turned 50 this July, and this July is also the 30th anniversary of Charles and Diana's wedding. I remember getting up really early to watch their wedding in 1981. My dad thought I was out of my mind up that early to watch strangers get married :) I told him "It's a girl thing." Diana died about 3 months after my mom passed away...my heart was heavy watching William and Harry at Diana's funeral. At least I had my mom until I was 36. So glad to see William happy. According to CBS, William and Kate will be living in Wales for about 2 years as William has military duty there. Best of luck to Kate and William.