Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Obama's Real Strategy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/obamas-real-strategy-38267/)

Guest 04-29-2011 11:12 PM

Obama's Real Strategy

I'd like to share an analytical article that I read in the American Thinker, which was written by James V. Capua who, among other things served at the U.S. Department of Education under then Secretary William Bennett. He also served as Vice President of the Institute for Educational Affairs, and also as Special Assistant to the Chancellor and Assistant Professor of history at the University of Rochester.

He describes the Obama strategy as a seemingly classic Marxist one. Creating what Marxists call "internal contradictions". Evidenced by our race to $5.00 a gallon gasoline and Obama's relentless campaign against increased domestic oil and energy production, and the administrations huge and continuing push for greater command and control not withstanding their sound defeat in the mid-term elections.

Then there is his redefining of our foreign policy and defense policies irregardless of past alliances, coupled with an embrace of fringe utopian ideas of an "internationalist order".

He also relates what he describes as a "Cold War" strategy of "talk talk, fight fight". The talk element of the strategy is to waste time and to hide their maneuvers, and then to divide the opposition and to divert attention to decoy issues. Then there is the "fight" element of the strategy which can be executive and fiscal measures calculated to bring the nation to such a high state of anxiety that the electoral majority is unwilling to change presidents.

I hope you find it as fascinating and thought provoking as I did.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._strategy.html

Guest 04-30-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350738)
I'd like to share an analytical article that I read in the American Thinker, which was written by James V. Capua who, among other things served at the U.S. Department of Education under then Secretary William Bennett. He also served as Vice President of the Institute for Educational Affairs, and also as Special Assistant to the Chancellor and Assistant Professor of history at the University of Rochester.

He describes the Obama strategy as a seemingly classic Marxist one. Creating what Marxists call "internal contradictions". Evidenced by our race to $5.00 a gallon gasoline and Obama's relentless campaign against increased domestic oil and energy production, and the administrations huge and continuing push for greater command and control not withstanding their sound defeat in the mid-term elections.

Then there is his redefining of our foreign policy and defense policies irregardless of past alliances, coupled with an embrace of fringe utopian ideas of an "internationalist order".

He also relates what he describes as a "Cold War" strategy of "talk talk, fight fight". The talk element of the strategy is to waste time and to hide their maneuvers, and then to divide the opposition and to divert attention to decoy issues. Then there is the "fight" element of the strategy which can be executive and fiscal measures calculated to bring the nation to such a high state of anxiety that the electoral majority is unwilling to change presidents.

This is what you read? Do a little research on this esteemed expert and you will find that he has less credibility on this subject than the guy who stands in the median in front of Walmart. I searched his bio (and you know who provided that) and came up with almost nothing. He has worked for some rich guys foundation since 1987. He writes in right-wing Internet based media only. Read his other stuff - he is way out there. Do you know what he did at the Department of Education? You can't even find him in Wikipedia. Do you know that when you can't pay someone enough money you often can get away with giving them a title. This is especially true in academia.

Xavier

Guest 04-30-2011 06:56 AM

Well done.

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350752)
This is what you read? Do a little research on this esteemed expert and you will find that he has less credibility on this subject than the guy who stands in the median in front of Walmart. I searched his bio (and you know who provided that) and came up with almost nothing. He has worked for some rich guys foundation since 1987. He writes in right-wing Internet based media only. Read his other stuff - he is way out there. Do you know what he did at the Department of Education? You can't even find him in Wikipedia. Do you know that when you can't pay someone enough money you often can get away with giving them a title. This is especially true in academia.

Xavier

:1rotfl:

Guest 04-30-2011 07:02 AM

:BigApplause:
Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350757)
:1rotfl:

Guest 04-30-2011 07:02 AM

They are so gullible.

Guest 04-30-2011 09:34 AM

Apparently, Harry Alford who is the president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce has a similar opinion of this President.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdf4RSVe1Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Guest 04-30-2011 09:38 AM

Good read Richie. It goes right along with the Progressives' Rules for Radicals.

Guest 04-30-2011 01:49 PM

Obama's Real Strategy

Ayers, Wright, Soros, Alinsky....birds of a feather flock together and I didn't even attend University of Rochester....Obama is out to get the man...but he forgets he is the man:1rotfl: You are right on richielion Obama can't push the green agenda unless and until gas continues upward.

Guest 04-30-2011 02:17 PM

Typical right-wing BS

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350738)

and very typical of you to swallow this nonsense. BTW, irregardless is a word ignorantly used by some people to say regardless.

Guest 04-30-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350752)

Xavier

The insipid responses I get from the resident liberals are mind boggling. Do research on the author? I started off my thread with research on the author. Your comment that he "only" writes for online media is very condescending and also very 19th century; especially considering we're here communicating online. Wake up to the 21st century media brother, because in print publications are fast being replaced.

Also the brilliant analysis of the article speaks for itself in illustrating the correlation of Obama's actions with tried and true marxist principles that anyone with a brain can follow, and to disagree with if you have a mind to do so, instead of just trying to discredit the author.

I won't even address the other libs who've posted here because it's just too sophomoric.

Guest 04-30-2011 04:30 PM

It Doesn't Do Any Good

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350872)
The insipid responses I get from the resident liberals are mind boggling....I won't even address the other libs who've posted here because it's just too sophomoric.

You vote the way you want in 2012, Richie. I'll decide which candidates make most sense to me. In the meantime, try not to suggest that anyone who doesn't totally agree with you is sophomoric or responds in an insipid way. That shouldn't make you feel any better and it really p_sses of those who don't share your political idealogy.

As far as my voting choices are concerned, all I'll say that if the qualifications and political platforms of the candidates for a particular federal office are similar, the incumbent will be at a dramatic disadvantage as far as I'm concerned.

Guest 04-30-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350872)
The insipid responses I get from the resident liberals are mind boggling. Do research on the author? I started off my thread with research on the author. Your comment that he "only" writes for online media is very condescending and also very 19th century; especially considering we're here communicating online. Wake up to the 21st century media brother, because in print publications are fast being replaced.

Also the brilliant analysis of the article speaks for itself in illustrating the correlation of Obama's actions with tried and true marxist principles that anyone with a brain can follow, and to disagree with if you have a mind to do so, instead of just trying to discredit the author.

I won't even address the other libs who've posted here because it's just too sophomoric.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: It's time to check you medication.

Guest 04-30-2011 05:37 PM

Equating the rising gas prices to Obama being a Marxist is simply wrong. Richie you and your cohorts are being fooled by the oil lobbies and are just plain being lied to by the republicans. Please follow the following:
Canada produces 3.3 million barrells a day and consumes 2.2 million barrells.They produce more than they use yet the price og gas has also gone up in Canada. Canada with its vast resources and small population can't drill its way out of price runups because they are also chained to the global oil marketplace. And so are we. We cannot drill our way out.

Guest 04-30-2011 05:50 PM

Yeah they sure are.

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350759)
They are so gullible.

I see sarcasm went right by you.

Guest 04-30-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 350886)
You vote the way you want in 2012, Richie. I'll decide which candidates make most sense to me. In the meantime, try not to suggest that anyone who doesn't totally agree with you is sophomoric or responds in an insipid way. That shouldn't make you feel any better and it really p_sses of those who don't share your political idealogy.

As far as my voting choices are concerned, all I'll say that if the qualifications and political platforms of the candidates for a particular federal office are similar, the incumbent will be at a dramatic disadvantage as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, so you're "outing" yourself as one of the resident liberals I guess by this response?

I was talking about the childish posts of 2 other posters, and I guess you're aligning yourself with them? I have to say I'm surprised. You normally have well reasoned posts, but you've failed in this one.

I challenge you to reread this entire thread from the beginning and tell me where I was wrong in my analysis of the substance-less responses I received from all the liberals, except Xavier who I answered directly.