Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Public thanks to Grandpa & Grandma's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/public-thanks-grandpa-grandmas-38290/)

CandJ 04-30-2011 09:09 PM

Public thanks to Grandpa & Grandma's

Just would like to say that my wife and I rented a cart from Scott and Vickie at Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies for our visit again this year. As usual, the service was excellent. Had a little issue with the cart on day 2 and they delivered a different cart as soon as we let them know. I highly recommend them if you have a need to rent a cart. When our time comes that we can move there, we will certainly give them first shot at selling us a cart.:thumbup:

glgene 04-30-2011 09:20 PM

Golf cart store

We toured Grandpa's and Grandma's facility. Scott is one proud guy of his ability to recondition golf carts for sale -- into new-like carts. He'll gladly tell you his profit margin, which seems very reasonable. Gas or electric.

Their customer service, from what I've heard, is excellent!

Gene & Kathy

Pturner 04-30-2011 09:39 PM

Hi Candj,

Hats off to you for paying them back with a glowing recommendation. It was thoughtful of you to take the time.

:ho:

K9-Lovers 04-30-2011 10:35 PM

:gc:We LOVE Grandpa and Grandma's. And, we love the cart we purchased from them.

njbchbum 04-30-2011 10:39 PM

ditto what k9 posted! they're tops in our book!

ljones190 05-01-2011 10:58 AM

We have used Scott about 4 different times for rentals, always on time, good carts, never any issues at all. When we buy a cart we will strongly consider a rebuilt cart from Grandpa and Grandma's.

dgammon6 05-01-2011 01:47 PM

Our gas cart is from Grandma and Grandpas. Very nice cart with great service. They are extremely nice people.

dugg52 05-01-2011 07:05 PM

Grandpa & Grandma's

We rented a cart from them recently. When we had a problem with the turn signals Scott came to our house at 8:00 pm on a Sunday evening to diagnose the problem and repair a blown fuse. He could not have been nicer.:BigApplause:

cherylncliff 05-01-2011 07:39 PM

We originally rented from Granma and Grandpa. The cart was very nice and included a speedometer- very helpful. Based on that experience we bought a cart from them (gas). They did an excellent job and we are very pleased.:BigApplause:

same 05-02-2011 09:40 AM

They are wonderful people to do business with.

Bill-n-Brillo 05-02-2011 05:39 PM

Here's kind of a different situation that leaves me feeling very positive about them:

We'd lined up a cart rental many months in advance with G&G's (via Scott) for a two week period this past February. He was cordial enough to be willing to rent a cart to us for a couple of weeks when most other places I talked with would only go for a month minimum. Anyways, it turns out that, in a wild change of mindset about buying versus renting a home in TV.....we ended up buying a home along with a new golf cart as well! I felt bad having to call Scott to cancel the reservation, figuring he might not be too happy (though I called probably 6 weeks ahead of time to cancel). I simply told him on the phone that we wanted to cancel our reservation - no rationale, background, etc. He looked it up in his reservation book/list, and said, "No problem at all, Bill. Thank you very much for being considerate enough to call" - he was as cordial as could be! Not even a tinge of sounding perturbed or anything along that line.

To me, that speaks volumes about him and their business. If we'd have been in the market for a reman'd Club Car, we'd have bought from them.

Bill :)