Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   So Excited...Moving to St. James! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/so-excited-moving-st-james-38302/)

Gongy 05-01-2011 11:32 AM

So Excited...Moving to St. James!

As of 2 days ago we signed our contract and we will be closing on Yankee Clipper Run the end of July!! We will be building a Lily with a bunch of stretches and a beautiful pool. We are so excited about our move, but not looking forward to all the hard work ahead of us, but it will all be worth it.
I'm finally going to take golf lessons(my husband already golfs) and play cards all the time(I'm a big Canasta player and also play Texas Hold'em).
Have a great day all!
Linda

Niels 05-01-2011 11:38 AM

Sounds great. Welcome to The Villages. :BigApplause:

Bill-n-Brillo 05-01-2011 12:25 PM

Good deal - hope it all works out well for you!! Congrats!

Bill

Becky 05-01-2011 12:39 PM

Gongy, They are working on your house today! Looks like it will be beautiful!

Becky

Sorry Gongy! They are working on the house next to you today!

Gongy 05-01-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 351077)
Gongy, They are working on your house today! Looks like it will be beautiful!

Becky

Sorry Gongy! They are working on the house next to you today!

I was thinking, "Wow, they don't waste any time"!
I'm sure you will see some movement in the next few days. My husband and I are very happy and we so look forward to our new life in TV.
Keep in touch and let me know what's going on!
Linda

champion6 05-01-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gongy (Post 351065)
As of 2 days ago we signed our contract and we will be closing on Yankee Clipper Run the end of July!! We will be building a Lily with a bunch of stretches and a beautiful pool.

Linda, I'm so happy for both of you. The best is yet to come! We plan to start building a Sun Kissed in August.

I guess I'm surprised that you signed on April 29 on will close the end of July. That's almost 3 months or about 90 days. I thought homes were going up in a much shorter amount of time - about 60-70 days. Did I misunderstand?

Gongy 05-01-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 351175)
Linda, I'm so happy for both of you. The best is yet to come! We plan to start building a Sun Kissed in August.

I guess I'm surprised that you signed on April 29 on will close the end of July. That's almost 3 months or about 90 days. I thought homes were going up in a much shorter amount of time - about 60-70 days. Did I misunderstand?

Thank you and we are happy for you also. The Sun Kissed is a great plan!
We are actually closing on July 26th and that makes it 88 days. I think the reason why it might be a bit longer is that we are putting a pool in. We were told that it usually adds about 3 weeks to the date of completion.
Where are you building?
Linda

champion6 05-01-2011 09:32 PM

Ah ha... a pool takes longer. We have reserved a lot on Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove.