Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Verizon FIOS TV/Internet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/verizon-fios-tv-internet-38352/)

73Goat 05-03-2011 11:35 AM

Verizon FIOS TV/Internet

Anyone know if Verizon has any schedule for bringing Verizon FIOS to TV area?

I can't find anything on line about it and was hoping they would. I have it where I live in Virginia and love it.

Tom Hannon 05-03-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Goat (Post 351538)

I can't find anything on line about it and was hoping they would. I have it where I live in Virginia and love it.

I am also waiting for Verizon/Fios. Hope the wait is not much longer.

bobbya 05-03-2011 01:02 PM

Verizon FIOS

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Goat (Post 351538)

Another vote for FIOS. Anything we can do to get the ball rolling? Does Comcast have exclusive rights to TV from any of the many governing entities we seem to have?

bobbya 05-03-2011 03:18 PM

Had FIOS in MA. It was great, much better than the competition.

Does Comcast have some kind of exclusive for cable in TV?

skip0358 05-03-2011 03:42 PM

Fios

I wouldn't hold my breath. comcast has this place sewed up pretty tight. I'll bet the family has something to do with it also.

Bill & Carolyn 05-03-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 351607)
I wouldn't hold my breath. comcast has this place sewed up pretty tight. I'll bet the family has something to do with it also.

So, okay, I'll just go Directv. I love NFL Sunday ticket.

BigLew 05-06-2011 09:07 AM

I first was looking for ATT U-Verse...

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 351607)

but then found out they are locked out because verizon 'owns' the land lines. So I tried to get fios and found it was not available here yet, so I'm locked out of U-verse because of verizon that doesn't offer fios, sheesh! chilout

natickdan 05-06-2011 02:16 PM

We currently have FIOS in MA and after having Comcast, we have found FIOS to be superior.

I believe I read the new villages have fiber to each home and if that's the case, perhaps FIOS is a possibility in the future.

aljetmet 05-06-2011 02:54 PM

Fios

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 352357)
We currently have FIOS in MA and after having Comcast, we have found FIOS to be superior.

I believe I read the new villages have fiber to each home and if that's the case, perhaps FIOS is a possibility in the future.

:BigApplause:

Maybe in about a year in the new villages south of 466 A.

More incentive to buy new!

Russ_Boston 05-06-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 352357)

I know we have fiber to our homes in Buttonwood Dan. I would also assume that FIOS will get to us eventually.

aljetmet 05-06-2011 03:13 PM

Fios

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 352367)
I know we have fiber to our homes in Buttonwood Dan. I would also assume that FIOS will get to us eventually.

Fantastic!:MOJE_whot:

NJblue 05-06-2011 03:49 PM

I'm not sure what this talk about Verizon and Fios means. Are people using "Fios" as a generic term for fiber? Since we don't have Verizon here, perhaps they really mean Prism which is a Century Link fiber service.
http://www.centurylink.com/Pages/Per...yTvMarket.html

According to my neighbors, they have been in our neighborhood in Hemingway pulling fiber and that the service will be offered here in the not too distant future.

aljetmet 05-06-2011 03:57 PM

Fios

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJblue (Post 352374)
I'm not sure what this talk about Verizon and Fios means. Are people using "Fios" as a generic term for fiber? Since we don't have Verizon here, perhaps they really mean Prism which is a Century Link fiber service.
http://www.centurylink.com/Pages/Per...yTvMarket.html

According to my neighbors, they have been in our neighborhood in Hemingway pulling fiber and that the service will be offered here in the not too distant future.

Check out verizonfios.com and get the story.

I have U-Verse but it's only fiber to the street. FIOS is fiber all the way.
Very fast up down load 42 Mpbs and 20 Mpbs upload. No one else can compete with that for the price. My son has it on Long Island.

They offer TV and phone $89 for a year triple play. If available I probably would give up Directv. That's saying mucho!