Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   K and B Lawn and Landscaping (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/k-b-lawn-landscaping-38359/)

jadlos 05-03-2011 12:40 PM

K and B Lawn and Landscaping

Moving to TV in June and will be in need of landscaping as well as regular lawn care and pest control. Aaron at Dean's Pest Control recommended K and B Lawn Care and Landscaping for full service lawn care and pest control (and fertilization and landscaping, etc.)

I'd love to hear of any experience anyone has with this particular company.

NANCY58 05-03-2011 01:04 PM

We wouldn't recommend them.

jadlos 05-03-2011 02:14 PM

We haven't contracted with them yet . . . just have them scheduled to come out and give an estimate. Can you explain why you wouldn't recommend?

Paulm47 05-03-2011 02:44 PM

We have had them since we closed on our home in April 2010 and they have been generally great. A little slow in beginning weekly mowing this spring but that has been remedied. We have the best looking lawn on our block.

KB also did our landscaping. They were quick, good and at a great price.

StarbuckSammy 05-04-2011 10:18 AM

We use K&B for lawn and shrub landscape. Very reliable and professional company.

tracy1j 05-06-2011 04:14 PM

We use KB Lawn, and are extremely happy with them. They do a great job!

jack_pine 05-12-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANCY58 (Post 351573)
We wouldn't recommend them.

Based on the other replies...may i ask why?

TomTom 05-17-2011 08:17 PM

KGL Landscaping

I heard K and B Lawn and Landscaping is a good company but took forever to come and do an estimate for me. My neighbors used KGL Landscaping. They don't do lawn care but were courteous, prompt and did a beautiful job on their projects. I will use them no doubt.

rosie13 05-17-2011 09:49 PM

We used K&B for a few months last year (2010) for lawn cutting and weed service. We switched to another service. We are out of state. When we came down for a visit we found the weeds overtaking the yard. So don't recommend if you are not there to monitor the yard.

murphy1 06-18-2011 09:21 PM

It can be a real crap shoot with lawn company's

I have heard good things about K and B also. But I bet there are a few out there they have bad luck with them. Just do not pay in advance to anyone.
I had All Season Termite and Pest Control. Got some good reviews. I paid in advance for a year. They were great for two months then down hill. Now the other three people who recommended them are all unhappy and getting ready to cancel. U have to stay on top of them and get dates and times that they are going to show up. Out of all the complaints about all companies doing work in The Villages,the top ten are all landscape companies. Don't be sucked in by a slick talker like I was. He showed his true colors by insulting me as he left my house when I canceled him. Good luck and do your homework.

getdul981 06-18-2011 10:05 PM

We have K&B for mowing and fertilizer and pest control of the lawn. Also weeding the shrubbery beds and fertilizing the shrubs. They are generally pretty good about all this. Whenever I see a bunch of weeds or ant hill, I call and they come out and spray and take care of it. I even had a problem with the irrigation not covering the lawn properly. They came out and changed some of the sprinkler heads to get proper coverage. That was just a couple weeks ago, so we may get charged for that, but the main thing is that they came out when I asked.

seashorecaroline 06-19-2011 10:08 AM

I just moved into my new home in Tamarind Grove less than two weeks ago and met with John Kirk from Kirk's Lawn Care. He is a very nice young man and was also recommended by Aaron from Deans and from what I understand he also does some work for the Villages.

Once I called him and left a message he returned my call the same day and was here the next day. The first thing he did was provide me with a copies of his license and insurance papers. He explained what his lawn service would include plus he can also provide fertilization services, irrigation services and house washing. He also walked with me all around the outside of the house and because I am not much of a gardener he explained what all the plants and trees are that have been planted and how tall and wide they will get.

From all the posts I have been reading regarding lawn services his prices are quite reasonable. He will be doing my lawn care and will start tomorrow. He was already here on Saturday to fertilize the lawn and he put sprinkler donuts down for me - too busy unpacking and not quite used to the heat yet.

The most important thing is he does not ask you to sign a contract and does not require you to pay any money up front. He bills monthly once his services are provided. So far I would recommend him. If interested his phone number is 352-348-9725.

YodaMom 06-22-2011 12:33 PM

We would not recommend K&B.

WESTE 07-10-2014 12:28 PM

We switched to Stellar . We had K&B for 3years, but since they now have the contract with The Village we feel that with private service they are now giving poor service.

villager 07-10-2014 01:37 PM

I am not sure, but I think KB Landscaping and K&B Landscaping may be two different companies. I will speak about KB Landscaping. Can't say a whole lot for them. They did my landscaping. Been over a month and am still dealing with issues. I have to stay on top of them constantly. When I do contact them they are responsive, though. I don't know if they are just too busy for the small folks that they lose track of the times they say they will call to come our or follow up. We did contract with them for their yard and shrub pest and weed control. We only did so because we have a six month warranty on the plants and didn't want them to say it was our fault when some died. I've already had two die and am waiting to see what they do about them. If you'd like a part time job staying on top of them, go for it!