Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Limit One Visit!!! Huh??? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/limit-one-visit-huh-38364/)

decodiana 05-03-2011 06:13 PM

Limit One Visit!!! Huh???

My sister and I visited in January 2011 but only were able to stay four nights. We were interested in coming again in June to see if we could "stand the heat" and to get to know our way around a little better. We're both still working, and our anticipated move to TV won't be for another 2-3 years, so we're limited to a time when we could both make the trip from NJ.

I entered a chat with an on-line rep on the Villages website and asked about availability for the June dates and referred to the sales rep we had in January. I was told that there is a one-time limit on the Lifestyle visit. That's it...short and not so sweet. So much for the "friendliest hometown" kind of feeling. :(:shocked:

So I guess I have two questions. First, are there folks out there that have done the Lifestyle visit more than once? I'm sure I've read threads that stated that this was possible. We're not looking for any freebees and of course we'll be paying for our home away from home. Secondly, if it's really not possible to get a second visit, if we stayed at the hotel in Lake Sumter, how would we go about getting passes to tour open houses?

billlaur 05-03-2011 06:18 PM

life style visit

We did it once last year for 6 nites and extended it 4 more nites no problem..
Then we went again but rented a cyy for 2 weeks ,worked out very well.There are plenty of houses for rent ..Check the rentals at the villages....

pooh 05-03-2011 06:20 PM

You could always rent a home or villa for a month. And as far as getting to see the model homes, well, go over to the sales office and ask to visit with a rep who can take you to see the homes and villas. We did that...just stopped in and asked for a rep to give us some info and a tour of the model homes.

We've lived here for 5 years now... :)

FMF Doc 05-03-2011 06:21 PM

Lifestyle

Talk to your sales rep/ I believe they have to "invite" you back.

George

decodiana 05-03-2011 06:21 PM

Thanks for the quick response. The only problem is that we're only available for 5 nights. Don't think we can rent a home for that short a period of time...
If it were possible, I'd love to rent an Iris because that's the model we're interested in.

elevatorman 05-03-2011 06:21 PM

We did 3 over a long period. Call your agent and see if he can help. Another option is to rent from a private owner.

Niels 05-03-2011 06:33 PM

In the past the program has varied as to how many lifestyle visits you were allowed. During time periods when houses weren't selling, they allowed more than one lifestyle visit.

Talk to your rep. If anyone can assist you your rep that you spoke with in January is your best bet.

In the past, after your first lifestyle visit they have sometimes allowed people to "rent" a house or villa on a daily basis which turns out to be a lifestyle visit without the freebies and meal discounts of the lifestyle visit. In fact, some people I have talked to who claimed to have more than one lifestyle visit actually did a rental after their first visit.

NancyLou 05-03-2011 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=decodiana;351640]My sister and I visited in January 2011 but only were able to stay four nights. We were interested in coming again in June to see if we could "stand the heat" and to get to know our way around a little better. We're both still working, and our anticipated move to TV won't be for another 2-3 years, so we're limited to a time when we could both make the trip from NJ.

We are having our second life style visi, well maybe it isn't called a life style visit. We will be in the Villages for only 4 nights this time, 100.00 per night with golf cart and bikes. We stayed two years ago and are even working with another agent this time. We will come for as long as it takes...we are determined to live here.

Nancy & Will

Bill-n-Brillo 05-03-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niels (Post 351650)
In the past the program has varied as to how many lifestyle visits you were allowed. During time periods when houses weren't selling, they allowed more than one lifestyle visit.

Talk to your rep. If anyone can assist you your rep that you spoke with in January is your best bet.

In the past, after your first lifestyle visit they have sometimes allowed people to "rent" a house or villa on a daily basis which turns out to be a lifestyle visit without the freebies and meal discounts of the lifestyle visit. In fact, some people I have talked to who claimed to have more than one lifestyle visit actually did a rental after their first visit.

Ditto.

Bill :)

oot 05-03-2011 06:55 PM

Maybe one of the hotels would work....

We did the lifestyle tour the first time we were down there. Only did a four day and regretted it. At that time, you got meals/golf and other goodies.

Since then we have stayed at the Town Center Suites and Comfort Inn. There are a couple of others you can try as well.

We rented a golf cart and drove around to look at the open houses. We also got a real estate agent (Regular agent along with a Villages agent since we want to buy a preowned).

Loved it and plan on buying later this year!

Russ_Boston 05-03-2011 06:59 PM

We did two but only one with freebies. The second one was more of an invite from them since we were finalizing our home selection.

We also rented from private parties three other times.

skyguy79 05-03-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decodiana (Post 351640)
if we stayed at the hotel in Lake Sumter, how would we go about getting passes to tour open houses?

I've seen it mentioned several times here on TOTV that you don't need a pass to get by the gates into villages because the roads are public. So I don't think it would be a problem. Perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge can elaborate on that.

katezbox 05-03-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 351664)
I've seen it mentioned several times here on TOTV that you don't need a pass to get by the gates into villages because the roads are public. So I don't think it would be a problem. Perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge can elaborate on that.

You do not need a pass - just press the buzzer on the "visitor" side of each gate and you will be allowed in. As several others stated, the LS previews allowed vary based on how busy the sales office is. The best bet is to contact your TV sales agent. The rules do change so what happened previously may not be relevant.

Check the Villages 4 rent website that is a sponsor here - you may be surprised at what is available!

Good luck!!!!!

memason 05-03-2011 07:45 PM

We had 3 lifestyle visits over 4 years. We did NOT have the same sales rep for any of the visits. I simply called The Villages and told them I'd like to setup a visit. In every case, they forwarded me to a sales rep or their assistant, who then setup our visit.

If it were me, I would try again and not mention your previous visit or sales rep. If you are specifically asked if you've been here before, then you should tell the truth, but I believe you will still be able to visit again. June and July are not busy months....

kb8tpw 05-03-2011 07:50 PM

Stayed first in 2008, second in 2009. The second time we received less goodies, but that shouldn't be a problem. The Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and there are others are fairly reasonable and we found to be a good option when we came down to sign contract and before our household goods arrived. There is always the Waterfront Hotel, on site. As has been stated earlier, they seem to be very finicky about the Lifestyle Previews.