Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   More double standars or less of the real story? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/more-double-standars-less-real-story-38378/)

Guest 05-04-2011 10:30 AM

More double standars or less of the real story?

On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish. While what is allowed to be viewed pouring into our homes day and night are movies and programs that would make the Bin Laden photos pale by comparison. Just how ridiculous and phony is the concern?

To me...as long as they are OK with the body blowing up, hacking, maiming, killing, dis membering, beheading, rape, murder and wholesale slaughtering that is allowed on our television programs and in our movies....there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. NOTHING!!!

As far as the photos being offensive to Muslims and who ever else? That is just too bad. How offended were these folks when Americans were choosing to jump to their deaths from the towers in NYC VS burning to death? How offensive were the sounds of them hitting the roof below?

Washington's 535 needs to be a little more attentive to the home front and less...A LOT LESS... concerned about those who could care less about how offended we Americans are by their cold blooded actions/responses.

Politics first....reality never!!

btk

Guest 05-04-2011 11:45 AM

Think it's much more complex than the thoughts of the post just prior.

Guest 05-04-2011 06:14 PM

Obama release of 2000+ so-called detainee abuse photos, rescinds a ban on US military coffin pictures....the flag in Guantanimo is no longer raised with the usual military bugle call because it offends the detainees.
Is there a pattern here or what?

It seems to be apparent that private American interests are deemed less important than "Muslim sensitivities".

There is a reason, what ever it is, that we will find out about sooner or later, why an insider (I think) like Panetta agrees the pictures should be released. And then the infamous "WH" and Obama say no for all the sensitive BS issues.

The difference? Panetta isn't worried about re-election!!

Regardless what Obama says and the pupeteer media there is no closure! There will be no real acceptance unless and until the world gets more than just THE WORDS!!!!

btk

Guest 05-04-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 351798)
On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish. While what is allowed to be viewed pouring into our homes day and night are movies and programs that would make the Bin Laden photos pale by comparison. Just how ridiculous and phony is the concern?

To me...as long as they are OK with the body blowing up, hacking, maiming, killing, dis membering, beheading, rape, murder and wholesale slaughtering that is allowed on our television programs and in our movies....there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. NOTHING!!!

As far as the photos being offensive to Muslims and who ever else? That is just too bad. How offended were these folks when Americans were choosing to jump to their deaths from the towers in NYC VS burning to death? How offensive were the sounds of them hitting the roof below?

Washington's 535 needs to be a little more attentive to the home front and less...A LOT LESS... concerned about those who could care less about how offended we Americans are by their cold blooded actions/responses.

btk

Well said!:ho:

Guest 05-04-2011 06:54 PM

Exactly my thoughts in regard to the non-release of these photos and the release of the "prisoner abuse" photos. There was no regard for the reaction of the Islamists to the abuse photos, but somehow these photos which would put an end to speculation, mainly by Islamists, are being held under wraps.

I guessing the discussion of this decision will be another of the distractions, and a most fortuitous one in fact, by the Obama administration to distract from the implementation of his government takeover agenda.

Sometime in the months before the election, if it suits his purpose to reinvigorate the electorate with new details of his "great victory" over the "lion of Islam", the photos along with new info on his "leadership brilliance" will be dutifully reported by the mainstream media who will all have "a thrill going up their legs".

Guest 05-04-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 351906)
Obama release of 2000+ so-called detainee abuse photos, rescinds a ban on US military coffin pictures....the flag in Guantanimo is no longer raised with the usual military bugle call because it offends the detainees.
Is there a pattern here or what?

It seems to be apparent that private American interests are deemed less important than "Muslim sensitivities".

There is a reason, what ever it is, that we will find out about sooner or later, why an insider (I think) like Panetta agrees the pictures should be released. And then the infamous "WH" and Obama say no for all the sensitive BS issues.

The difference? Panetta isn't worried about re-election!!

Regardless what Obama says and the pupeteer media there is no closure! There will be no real acceptance unless and until the world gets more than just THE WORDS!!!!

btk

You know I read today about the NO american flag raising where the inmates can see it so not to upset them....

"was stunned to learn while researching Mastermind that Guantanamo detainees succeeded in convincing prison officials to no longer raise the American flag anywhere they could see it. Each morning on every U.S. military base around the world, the American flag is raised to a bugle. But in the interests of not offending the detainees, it was stopped at Guantanamo."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../05/028965.php

I would love to have that authenticated because I have seen nothing in the MSM but I also saw this today...

""So when does Seal Unit 6, or whatever it's called, drop in on George Bush? Bush was responsible for a lot more death, innocent death, than bin Laden. Wasn't he, or am I wrong here?," Liberal radio talk show host Mike Malloy said on his show Monday evening."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...orge_bush.html

Have we gone crazy ?

I recall ON THIS VERY FORUM....poster after poster...I mean a lot..threads on it, quoting Limbaugh on saying he hopes the President does not succeed on his stated programs..he was called so many names.

This is not a defense of the Republican party but why does nobody get upset about this stuff ?

Guest 05-04-2011 07:47 PM

Malloy should be fired.....no need for that garbage.

Guest 05-04-2011 09:23 PM

Think About It

Quote:

On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish....

I'm not going to get into the political debate on whether or not to show the bin Laden death photos. But I can tell you that if they were published, what was left of his face and the top of his head after being hit with two high-speed military rounds from the M4A1 assault rifle used by the SEALs, wouldn't be anything you'd want to see or have your kids and grandkids see.

I'm guessing we're going to see the pictures sooner rather than later and when we do, neither we nor our enemies will be happy about them. I tend to agree with keeping them private, but not for any particular political reason.

Guest 05-04-2011 09:57 PM

To those who argue that death photos should be released:

I won't suggest you are taking your position because you regularly criticize the President, but I think you are failing to consider the unique nature of the death of bin Laden.

He was an ikon with the power to influence like few others in recent history. To hundreds of millions he was heroic, or call it what you will, but powerful enough to influence thousands to commit suicide for his cause. Make no mistake, his death photo, especially if it showed any disfigurement, would be the single most powerful image of the 21st century. The image would be the wordless, highly emotional and motivating rallying point for a whole new generation of terrorists. It would be worse than if he were to have a physical tomb (shrine). Worse than putting him on trial (circus). I don't think you realize how much we are despised; how many are full of hate because of how we have treated them, or how they imagine they have been treated by us, or because they are simply jealous of our prosperity.

Because someone who hates bitterly has the power to reach out and do lots of damage in this ever shrinking technological world, the rules of common sense survival have changed. It is now disasterous to feed hatred. It is critical to dampen it's effects whenever possible. In this case, pulling a trigger and burial at sea were important, necessary actions. Keeping the death photos from view is even more critical. It steals the terrorists' thunder. They are left with pictures of a smiling bearded man, which do not themselves convey the message of American "brutality". They can argue about whether he is alive, but soon it will be no less a joke than the one about Elvis being in the building. bin Laden's must become forgotten. This is how to do it.

Guest 05-04-2011 10:51 PM

The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".

Guest 05-05-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 351961)
The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".

Good lord you are a cynical, hateful man.

Guest 05-05-2011 08:33 AM

Ah, the hateful word again. When all else fails, just call them haters or racists. Surly the left can come up with something more original than a line out of a 30 year old democrat playbook.

Guest 05-05-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 351997)
Ah, the hateful word again. When all else fails, just call them haters or racists. Surly the left can come up with something more original than a line out of a 30 year old democrat playbook.

Of course he thinks I'm hateful, because I'm criticizing the man who "gives him thrills up his leg".

Guest 05-05-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 351997)

Well, let's try this again. You and Richie are real klassy. Oh oh, spelling a word with a 'k' may make me a communist.

Guest 05-05-2011 10:00 AM

Obama's decision to not inform

Quote:

btk

Pakistan prior to the raid, and Leon Panetta's candid remarks about Pakistan, can pretty much put to rest the theory that Obama cares too much about the Muslim world's feelings and sensibilities, etc.

Guest 05-05-2011 10:02 AM

Rally sophmoric

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352002)
Of course he thinks I'm hateful, because I'm criticizing the man who "gives him thrills up his leg".

post. I thought you were above such nonsense. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

Guest 05-05-2011 10:05 AM

George Bush Dignified?

Quote:

Remember his mission accomplished stunt? Nice try.

Guest 05-05-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352015)
post. I thought you were above such nonsense. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

Every once in a while I like to respond in kind. I at least went for some topical humor unlike the "names" I was called.

Guest 05-05-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352017)
Every once in a while I like to respond in kind. I at least went for some topical humor unlike the "names" I was called.

Amazing what passes for humor these days.

Guest 05-05-2011 11:37 AM

Only you would

Quote:

condemn the president for going to ground zero to pay his respects and to show his appreciation to the first responders and the families of 9/11 victims. Shows how biased and out of touch you are. You lose more credibility and respect on this board every time you post your drivel.

Guest 05-05-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352032)
condemn the president for going to ground zero to pay his respects and to show his appreciation to the first responders and the families of 9/11 victims. Shows how biased and out of touch you are. You lose more credibility and respect on this board every time you post your drivel.

He went for his own self aggrandizement. Obama is the most self centered president in my lifetime. I thought no one could outdo Clinton in that department, but I was certainly wrong about that.

He still is doing no one a favor in not providing proof of bin Laden's death. So I have to assume it's for selfish reasons he's holding back.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak

Guest 05-05-2011 01:10 PM

Do I have to

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352046)
He went for his own self aggrandizement. Obama is the most self centered president in my lifetime. I thought no one could outdo Clinton in that department, but I was certainly wrong about that.

He still is doing no one a favor in not providing proof of bin Laden's death. So I have to assume it's for selfish reasons he's holding back.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak

post a link to the NY Times editorial lauding the president for not releasing the photo? Posting a link to any story in the Washington Times is not going to convince anyone who has an ounce of objectivity. You lack credibility because you are so predictable and so anxious to attack the president for everything he says or does. Most of your attacks are based on right wing propaganda you uncover on the internet. And btw, the firemen and police, etc in NYC were thrilled that the president came to see them today.

Guest 05-05-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352049)
post a link to the NY Times editorial lauding the president for not releasing the photo? Posting a link to any story in the Washington Times is not going to convince anyone who has an ounce of objectivity. You lack credibility because you are so predictable and so anxious to attack the president for everything he says or does. Most of your attacks are based on right wing propaganda you uncover on the internet. And btw, the firemen and police, etc in NYC were thrilled that the president came to see them today.

You got that backwards. If I posted a story by the NY Times, that would be the prejudicial or biased story. Who believes the propaganda of the slimy NY Times anymore. They don't even try to hide that they write every news story as an editorial.

I doubt the city employees that were there had much choice in the matter. Besides, unlike our duplicitous commander-in-chief, they earned the right to be there with humility and patriotism. Two words that don't apply to him.

Guest 05-05-2011 02:03 PM

Your hyperbolic biases

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352057)
You got that backwards. If I posted a story by the NY Times, that would be the prejudicial or biased story. Who believes the propaganda of the slimy NY Times anymore. They don't even try to hide that they write every news story as an editorial.

I doubt the city employees that were there had much choice in the matter. Besides, unlike our duplicitous commander-in-chief, they earned the right to be there with humility and patriotism. Two words that don't apply to him.

are silly and immature. You have nothing to substantiate such wild claims. Your criticisms are obviously based on personal animus, Remember Bush's mission accomplished stunt? That seems much more to fit your prejudicial biases about Obama's behavior.

Guest 05-05-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352062)
are silly and immature. You have nothing to substantiate such wild claims. Your criticisms are obviously based on personal animus, Remember Bush's mission accomplished stunt? That seems much more to fit your prejudicial biases about Obama's behavior.

ahh; the liberal fail-safe deflection to Bush and the misrepresented spin of the past. So predictable.

Guest 05-05-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352066)
ahh; the liberal fail-safe deflection to Bush and the misrepresented spin of the past. So predictable.

No more predictable than blaming everything that is perceived wrong with the entire world on the educated, highly intellectual, charismatic black man who happens to be the President of the greatest nation on earth. ... and that ISN'T descriptive of Conservatives in general. No broad brush here.

Xavier

Guest 05-05-2011 04:04 PM

Quite an exchange of words.

My computer screen just about caught on fire when I scrolled to the posts between Richie, Actor, and Xavier. What really gets me on this whole matter - I did not throw any gasoline on the fire!

I know the Washington Times very well from over 35 years in the DC area. It is a conservative fish wrapper to say the most of it. The Washington Post is not a lot better in the liberal market and the New York Times is about the same as the Washington Post.

Do not try and antagonize with generalizations of "highly educated", mission accompished, and others.

Do understand that the ultra conservatives and Democrats will never see the same thing when looking at the same thing. It is kind of fun at times to try and get each other's goat. I do it all the time. Let's try to be civil without basically calling each other morons for their beliefs.

Guest 05-05-2011 04:10 PM

Sorry, The New York Times

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352095)
My computer screen just about caught on fire when I scrolled to the posts between Richie, Actor, and Xavier. What really gets me on this whole matter - I did not throw any gasoline on the fire!

I know the Washington Times very well from over 35 years in the DC area. It is a conservative fish wrapper to say the most of it. The Washington Post is not a lot better in the liberal market and the New York Times is about the same as the Washington Post.

Do not try and antagonize with generalizations of "highly educated", mission accompished, and others.

Do understand that the ultra conservatives and Democrats will never see the same thing when looking at the same thing. It is kind of fun at times to try and get each other's goat. I do it all the time. Let's try to be civil without basically calling each other morons for their beliefs.

certainly has a liberal bias, but is still a great paper. The Washington Times is as objective as a Sean Hannity broadcast. I prefer the NYT to the Post.

Guest 05-05-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Are you trying to spoil my fun. I've been learning from you on how to draw out the beast. Oh well, I'll try to be good now.

Guest 05-05-2011 04:29 PM

Believe Me, I Don't Take Any

Quote:

of this banter personally. I also enjoy getting the goat of some some of these folks, and don't dislike them for their crazy ideas.

Guest 05-05-2011 04:44 PM

Richi: If Obama went for self-aggrandizement, WHY did he invite Bush?

Guest 05-05-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352110)
Richi: If Obama went for self-aggrandizement, WHY did he invite Bush?

To try to get his moment in the sun and wallow in his perceived glory with Bush as a guest. Bush is much too smart to become part of the Obama "victory" circus.

He'll never experience the raw emotion that greeted President Bush following the downing of the Towers. He'll never be the man that President Bush is.

Guest 05-05-2011 05:32 PM

Lets hope not.:BigApplause:

Guest 05-05-2011 05:33 PM

You're full

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352115)
To try to get his moment in the sun and wallow in his perceived glory with Bush as a guest. Bush is much too smart to become part of the Obama "victory" circus.

He'll never experience the raw emotion that greeted President Bush following the downing of the Towers. He'll never be the man that President Bush is.

of you know what. Bush smart? LOL.

Guest 05-05-2011 05:48 PM

It's ok guys....Richie revels in his delusions. He has a serious break from reality.

Guest 05-05-2011 05:58 PM

Never expected much from you guys and you don't disappoint.

Guest 05-05-2011 06:50 PM

Why would Bush go. Obama has a habit of inviting people and then bashing them, to their face. Think, Paul Ryan and the Supreme Court.

Guest 05-05-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 352125)
Never expected much from you guys and you don't disappoint.

It is pretty predictable....most of these folks simply come on here to entertain themselves with short little "shots" which I am sure they find so very funny..never a fact...never anything but smart cracks about other people. I suppose it must be nice to be on such a lofty perch looking down on all the schmucks.

They actually call people names..people who they could never measure up nor achieve as much, nor be even in the ballpark as a human being. My experience with people who have little pet names for people they dont like or disagree with is mostly with losers and children. I suppose that is what makes up what they call a troll on the net...looked up the definition...

TROLL...."v.) (1) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.

(2) To surf the Internet.

(3) To hang around a chat room reading the posts instead of contributing to the chat.

(n.) One who performs any of the above actions.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/troll.html

IT REALLY FITS THESE FEW who simply call out the names they think is so funny. Do you recall these kids in grade school ?

Guest 05-05-2011 08:41 PM

Bucco -

I thought a troll was one of the people who is in the troll booths on the Florida Turnpike.

Hope you had a great day in The Villages, Bucco, my friend. Just so many great things to do everyday. I played golf at Hawkes Bay and did reasonable well, the Cinco de Mayo celebration at Lake Sumter Landing was great, and a wonderful dinner at Thai Ruby. Have you tried the Thai Ruby Talapia? Ask for it with medium "heat" as it is too bland without any added spice; but excellent with the "medium heat". Just enough burn on the tongue to make it interesting.

Guest 05-06-2011 07:44 AM

Looks like a certain poster

was wrong- not unusual-about Obama's trip to NYC, and how he is perceived by the people there.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...wCCZ5io6LJej5L