Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Buy our health insurance, plan your death? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/buy-our-health-insurance-plan-your-death-38508/)

blueash 05-11-2011 12:32 AM

Buy our health insurance, plan your death?

A promotion as an insert in the local newspaper today. Choose your doctor, choose your hospital and get free funeral planning as a bonus for attending our limited seating seminar. I have no idea of the merit or lack thereof of the program being presented but the juxtaposition of buy our healthcare and get going on your funeral planning seemed unfortunate.

jackz 05-11-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 353215)
A promotion as an insert in the local newspaper today. Choose your doctor, choose your hospital and get free funeral planning as a bonus for attending our limited seating seminar. I have no idea of the merit or lack thereof of the program being presented but the juxtaposition of buy our healthcare and get going on your funeral planning seemed unfortunate.

Sounds like the company is not very confident of the effectiveness of their healthcare if they need to include funeral planning in their pitch to sell.

jblum315 05-11-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackz (Post 353217)
Sounds like the company is not very confident of the effectiveness of their healthcare if they need to include funeral planning in their pitch to sell.

Well, nobody lives forever no matter how good their health care is

jackz 05-11-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 353222)
Well, nobody lives forever no matter how good their health care is

Oh no, my salesperson promised eternal life when we buy in the Villages...:jester:

swimdawg 05-11-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Now............you're kidding, right?

Boomer 05-11-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Hi blueash,

This sounds like one of those things that gets sent to Jay Leno.

Those all-too-real, unfortunately worded ads and headlines that Leno reads can make me laugh so hard that sometimes I end up collapsed in a heap.

Boomer

Pturner 05-11-2011 04:12 PM

This takes "get sick and we'll drop you" to a new low, i.e, get sick and we'll drop you six feet under. :evil6

Quote:

rjm1cc 05-11-2011 04:46 PM

If you do not pay do they cancel your death?

swimdawg 05-11-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 353378)
If you do not pay do they cancel your death?

No mon(ey) :$: no fun (eral)