Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Storefront Internet "Casinos" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/storefront-internet-casinos-38543/)

Tbugs 05-12-2011 11:12 AM

Storefront Internet "Casinos"
 
I have noticed a few storefront operations up on Hwy 441 and Hwy 27 that are Internet Casinos basically. I thought it was illegal to have these places. Do they "shade" it by claiming they are not casinos by having you buy credits instead of playing with cash? Do people actually win money at these places or is it pretty well rigged so customers lose most of the time?

memason 05-12-2011 11:34 AM

All casino's are rigged for the customer to lose most of the time.... Otherwise, they would not be in business for very long.

BigLew 05-12-2011 11:47 AM

yep they are illegal but claim to be charities...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbugs (Post 353532)
I have noticed a few storefront operations up on Hwy 441 and Hwy 27 that are Internet Casinos basically. I thought it was illegal to have these places. Do they "shade" it by claiming they are not casinos by having you buy credits instead of playing with cash? Do people actually win money at these places or is it pretty well rigged so customers lose most of the time?

they are mostly electronic slots which always have miserable odds and they pay off in phone cards which the store is happy to 'buy back' for cash....or at least that is the 'dodge' the papers have reported.

and they're off! :crap2:

2BNTV 05-12-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 353539)
All casino's are rigged for the customer to lose most of the time.... Otherwise, they would not be in business for very long.

:agree: Someone in the hotel management business told me that slot machines are a 60/40 payout or at best 55/45 in the house's favor depending on the casino.

2newyorkers 05-12-2011 02:15 PM

I played at the one near 33 on 441/27. I lost $2 in 1 hour. The other person I was with lost $20 in an hour. You do receive cash plus a phone card. It is similar to playing casino games on your computer.

eweissenbach 05-12-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 353567)
:agree: Someone in the hotel management business told me that slot machines are a 60/40 payout or at best 55/45 in the house's favor depending on the casino.

I have heard of payouts on slots of 95% and higher, but here's the rub..... You put in $20 and start playing - you play for an hour and are slightly up and slightly down, etc. etc., but finally you play out the credits. In total your winnings add up to $200, and your losses $220 - that's a 90% payout.....but your losses are 100% of the $20 you started with. Most people play off their winnings and thus the payout of X% is an illusion, in other words, It is not true that at the end of the day the casino is profiting only 5% of the money actually wagered, but much much more - if that makes sense.

BigLew 05-14-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 353596)
I have heard of payouts on slots of 95% and higher, but here's the rub..... You put in $20 and start playing - you play for an hour and are slightly up and slightly down, etc. etc., but finally you play out the credits. In total your winnings add up to $200, and your losses $220 - that's a 90% payout.....but your losses are 100% of the $20 you started with. Most people play off their winnings and thus the payout of X% is an illusion, in other words, It is not true that at the end of the day the casino is profiting only 5% of the money actually wagered, but much much more - if that makes sense.

I er,..um....who's on first? :oops:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.