Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Custom scapes...a real winner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/custom-scapes-real-winner-38585/)

Grill Meister 05-13-2011 03:42 PM

Custom scapes...a real winner

:pepper2:I had Custom Scapes, Lance Rimel, do some outstanding landscaping for me and cannot be better pleased with their professionalism and results.

Lance first came to meet with me to get ideas on what I was trying to accomplish. He took some pictures of my house and returned with the photograph super-imposed with the plants that we had discussed. We made a few modifications, he set a date and voila, like magic it looks as though my landscaping has been in the ground for years....and it's absolutely beautiful. One glitch, the stone that I had asked him to use for the plant borders was no longer available in the tri-counties, so he ended up producing a better result than I had expected. He apologized by reducing the amount I had originally agreed to pay.....and he did not ask for any money until the job was complete and I was totally satisfied.

laryb 05-26-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grill Meister (Post 353877)
:pepper2:I had Custom Scapes, Lance Rimel, do some outstanding landscaping for me and cannot be better pleased with their professionalism and results.

Lance first came to meet with me to get ideas on what I was trying to accomplish. He took some pictures of my house and returned with the photograph super-imposed with the plants that we had discussed. We made a few modifications, he set a date and voila, like magic it looks as though my landscaping has been in the ground for years....and it's absolutely beautiful. One glitch, the stone that I had asked him to use for the plant borders was no longer available in the tri-counties, so he ended up producing a better result than I had expected. He apologized by reducing the amount I had originally agreed to pay.....and he did not ask for any money until the job was complete and I was totally satisfied.

Couldn't agree more with Grill Meister! Our house is all white with brown shutters, and lacked the right landscaping to stop it from being plain. We had a few landscapers scheduled to get estimates, and they were very knowledgeable. When I told Lance who I'd already seen, he had nothing but praise for them, but he told me up front that he would be more expensive than one, and would be in the ballpark with the other. After he gave me the computer pictures, we knew he was good. He met the lower priced offer without stonewalls and later decided to add 3 sections of wall for an extra $100. :coolsmiley: The job exceeded our expectations by a mile, and he gave us a great warranty. IMHO you can't go wrong with Lance!:thumbup:

Carla B 08-10-2011 09:03 PM

Add a third recommendation to the above posts. After reading on TOTV for the past three years horror reports of unreliable landscapers, we were apprehensive.

Several weeks ahead of time, Lance came over, did the photo shoot, and gave us a date certain to start (middle of May). He gave us a list of addresses of jobs done and we visited every one of them. He and crew arrived on time and were done in a day and a half.

I wondered how the followup would be and it has been excellent. Thanks, Custom Scapes.

deb133 08-22-2011 02:47 PM

Landscaping nightmares...

My husband and I have owned a home in TV for 2 years but are not living in it full time as I am not retired yet. That has given us an opportunity to get some work done to the home before we move in. We have recently made a MAJOR renovation to the lanai area and added a pool. The contractor did not finish on time but the work was excellent and we were very pleased. That also goes for many of the other projects we paid contractors to do such as painting, electrical etc. However, when it comes to landscaping this industry seems to be very difficult to deal with. One specific person threw a hissy fit on us, slammed his book our table, cursed us, kicked our bar and slammed our front door on the way out for no apparent reason. What a lunatic! Other landscapers came to our home and never returned phone calls. I have heard horror story after horror story about the landscapers who do business in TV. Also I have noticed that a poster may recommend a particular company and then come to realize that it is their first and only post. How convenient!

What makes this industry so very different from all the other very competent, dependable contractors in TV?

If any one has pictures they would like to share with me, I would appreciate it! Thanks much.

Dan Lockhart 03-28-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 380459)
Add a third recommendation to the above posts. After reading on TOTV for the past three years horror reports of unreliable landscapers, we were apprehensive.

Several weeks ahead of time, Lance came over, did the photo shoot, and gave us a date certain to start (middle of May). He gave us a list of addresses of jobs done and we visited every one of them. He and crew arrived on time and were done in a day and a half.

I wondered how the followup would be and it has been excellent. Thanks, Custom Scapes.

We had Lance, Custom Scapes, design landscape for our Begonia model in Buttonwood on Dorst Lane and had the same great service from his company. Very professional, on time and completed as contracted. Highly recommended. Dan & Susan