Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   New Home Walkthrough (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/new-home-walkthrough-38604/)

rjn5656 05-14-2011 06:29 AM

New Home Walkthrough

Word of caution: when you do your walkthrough with the builder after closing, check your glass in your sliding glass doors. Mine has very fine scratches in all 4 panels, probably from the cleaning crew . It was very noticeable in very bright sunlight.

After I brought it to the builders attention, he replaced all 4 doors.

English Ivy 05-14-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 354026)
Word of caution: when you do your walkthrough with the builder after closing, check your glass in your sliding glass doors. Mine has very fine scratches in all 4 panels, probably from the cleaning crew . It was very noticeable in very bright sunlight.

After I brought it to the builders attention, he replaced all 4 doors.

And make sure you carefully inspect the replacement panels. Originally, all three of ours had to be replaced due to scratches, but then one of those three had to be replaced an additional two times due to other problems including a fingerprint on the glass inbetween which could never be cleaned away without taking the whole glass panel apart. Quality control at the window place is not the best.

marianne237 05-14-2011 08:57 AM

walkthroughs

We also found that having a note book and pen to take notes helped a lot. Even take photos if necessary. Friends made the walk through with us and were able to point out things we might have missed.

Shimpy 05-14-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marianne237 (Post 354050)
We also found that having a note book and pen to take notes helped a lot. Even take photos if necessary. Friends made the walk through with us and were able to point out things we might have missed.

Don't worry about missing a few things as you have a year to get it corrected.

rjn5656 05-14-2011 12:35 PM

windows

They didn't want to correct the window under warranty time frame. They tried to say that i didn't identify it at walkthrough. We finally came to an agreement and they fixed. Just wanted to warn others to check upfront.

rjn5656 05-24-2011 11:28 AM

Had my inspector go look at the new windows. One of the new ones has scratches on it. When I called the Warranty office, they didn't want to do anything to help. They want me to deal with the window company direct. Tried to explain I didn't buy the house from the window company but from them,. They bought the windows from the company. Very disappointing dealing with the Warranty office.

Thanks for the heads up to reinspect the new windows.