Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Print too small on talk of the villages web site (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/print-too-small-talk-villages-web-site-38620/)

RayB 05-14-2011 05:05 PM

Print too small on talk of the villages web site

Suddenly Talk of the Villages web site has such small print I can hardly read it. The print size on my browser and on other web sites is of sufficient font size. Print size is only very small on Talk of the Villages web site. I can not find any set up on the web site to enlarge print. This situation just started. It was just fine previously Any suggestions?

ssmith 05-14-2011 05:14 PM

Try this....

Hi Ray B, I am not a computer pro at all but on the lower right of the screen there is place to click. I may 100% for you but if you click it it will become 125% then click it again and the print will be 150%. At least That is how it works on my computer. SSmith

RayB 05-14-2011 05:34 PM

Thank you for your reply. I use Firefox browser and that print enlargement button in the lower right hand corner is not there. I went to Explorer browser and that button is there in the lower right hand corner on the talk of the Village web site. Isn't that interesting?

swimdawg 05-14-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmith (Post 354178)
Hi Ray B, I am not a computer pro at all but on the lower right of the screen there is place to click. I may 100% for you but if you click it it will become 125% then click it again and the print will be 150%. At least That is how it works on my computer. SSmith

You mean to tell me that I went thru all that cataract surgery for nothing? I could have clicked on the right side of screen? Well.....wait 'til I get ahold of my ophthalmologist!:D

Dan =^..^= 05-14-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayB (Post 354183)
Thank you for your reply. I use Firefox browser and that print enlargement button in the lower right hand corner is not there. I went to Explorer browser and that button is there in the lower right hand corner on the talk of the Village web site. Isn't that interesting?

If you have a mouse with a wheel you can hold the CTRL key down and roll the mouse wheel to make the browser text larger or smaller. :024:

ssmith 05-14-2011 07:31 PM

any luck for you?

Well, Ray B....hope you have found a solution.

herbaru 05-14-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayB (Post 354183)

I am using Firefox 3.6.17. I have not seen any change. Font size is fine for me. I also do not see the button in the lower right corner.

RayB 05-14-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan =^..^= (Post 354192)
If you have a mouse with a wheel you can hold the CTRL key down and roll the mouse wheel to make the browser text larger or smaller. :024:

Thank you. That worked!! Learn something every day.

Pturner 05-14-2011 08:31 PM

Hi RayB. I can't seem to duplicate the error. :jester:

The Great Fumar 05-14-2011 08:31 PM

Wait a minute guys, I was having the same problem so I went out and bought a 28 inch monitor to fix the problem. I looked for the button you are referring to in the lower right hand corner and the neighbor's garage door went up....His dog ran away and there's no way I'm gonna tell him about it ......so if you please , some of these tips you should only send in snail mail..................:024:

fumar the freedom fighter....

skyguy79 05-14-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 354218)
Hi RayB. I can't seem to duplicate the error. :jester:

I tried and I couldn't either! Oh well!!!

Seriously, I use a laptop without a mouse and have the scroll on the pad disabled. Don't like it. So for an alternate I hold my "ctrl" key down and hit the plus (+) sign to enlarge. To later reduce the size I hold the "ctrl" key down and hit the minus (-) key. It works on MSIE, Firefox and Chrome. This will work even if you do have a mouse in your house!

Barefoot 05-14-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmith (Post 354178)

Thank you ssmith! :bowdown: So simple, yet I've never noticed that little button before. Last week I was sitting out on my deck (in Canada) using my iPad. Suddenly a message flashed up "Your iPad needs to cool down". The iPad shut itself off and I lost my e-mail. I love computers but sometimes it seems that there are little elves living inside them. :Screen_of_Death:

espulmano 05-14-2011 11:37 PM

Thank you Dan for teaching me something new.

bigalibaba 05-15-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbaru (Post 354206)
I am using Firefox 3.6.17. I have not seen any change. Font size is fine for me. I also do not see the button in the lower right corner.

Firefox has an add on that allows you to depress ctl and + to increase font size.

skyguy79 05-15-2011 07:53 AM